¿Cree usted en milagros?

Whether the NBA stars care about winning or not, I don’t. When it was amateurs competing, it meant something, but who really wants to see a group of millionares beat some small country?

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Aug 17 2004, 08:52 AM [b] Other than Tim Duncan, there isn't a basketball player on that roster [/b]
I dunno, I kinda like Wade and Okafor too. Not like Okafor has actually sniffed the court though.

I have a hard time rooting for them because I have this ridiculous belief that if they fail to medal, it will open some eyes about the NBA. I hate that for Duncan though. He deserves better.

being apathetic about them is one thing, watching the games with the intention of pulling against them and thus for the other countries is what I have a problem with…

[b]Whether the NBA stars care about winning or not, I don't. When it was amateurs competing, it meant something, but who really wants to see a group of millionares beat some small country? [/b]

Me. Why? Not for love of the NBA, but because losing in basketball is intolerable. If you are coming from the slant that professional athletes diminish the spirit of the games, that’s another story, and one I’d agree with. But the olympics aren’t the NCAA anymore. We’re America, this is our sport. Forget calling them, I want to see us going all in and crushing them. Where the hell is the Rocky theme music when you need it? Someone get Bill Conti on the line.

[b]Why? That team is a joke and they certainly do not represent me. This country was founded so I wouldn't have to root for them if I don't want to. I choose not to pull for them and I don't need anyone telling me I have to. Other than Tim Duncan, there isn't a basketball player on that roster and on top of that, no group of NBA clowns are going to represent me. This team represents every thing that the rest of the world hates about the USA. I hope they lose every game by 20 and continue to expose the NBA for what it is, a bunch of overpaid, overhyped, overrated and overexposed endorsement driven punks that can't play basketball. [/b]

Did you ever find out who pissed in your cornflakes everyday for the last two years (the length of time I’ve been reading your posts)?

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Aug 17 2004, 10:28 AM [b]
[b]Why? That team is a joke and they certainly do not represent me. This country was founded so I wouldn't have to root for them if I don't want to. I choose not to pull for them and I don't need anyone telling me I have to. Other than Tim Duncan, there isn't a basketball player on that roster and on top of that, no group of NBA clowns are going to represent me. This team represents every thing that the rest of the world hates about the USA. I hope they lose every game by 20 and continue to expose the NBA for what it is, a bunch of overpaid, overhyped, overrated and overexposed endorsement driven punks that can't play basketball. [/b]

Did you ever find out who pissed in your cornflakes everyday for the last two years (the length of time I’ve been reading your posts)? [/b]

Whatever bobblin. I’m pulling for the USA in every other event. I choose not to pull for team (I use that term lightly) USA Basketball. It’s my right. Deal with it.

I’ve got to agree with not pulling against the USA, so as long as we are sending anyone short of Tyson they will have my support. But I will pull against David Stern. Paul tagliabu and Bud Selig may have their criticisms, but at least they shown improvment in their sports, the NBA has seen player egos and salaries skyrocket and more poorly skilled, attitude prone players enter the league. The 21 and under team has nothing to do with this, their players were fighting to STAY on the roster, NBA players were fighting to KEEP OFF the roster. Some of these USA junior players may never find a true place in the NBA no matter how hard they work, because they aren’t exciting enough or athletic enough. For instinance look at Darius Miles, people still rave about this kid, and how athletic he is, well that would be great if he knew how to play. Mean while Brian Cardinal, by no means a great player, worked hard four years at purdue, solid on the fundamentals, gives everything he has. Cardinal wasn’t given a chance for years, finally he has one, has double digit points and high rebounds, fires up his team. Why was he overlooked? They felt he had reached his potential, how are these other players like that punk iverson supposed to improve when they don’t feel they need practice? Every player on the team dosen’t have to dunk, maybe if some of them have solid fundamentals, like europeans, they can beat undisciplined athletes. Just ask most members of the 80’s celtics.