Curry AP All-American

did i hear correctly curry made the preseasaon all-american team. he is good, but not that good. he is a media darling though.

We should not hate this kid because our coaching staff ****ed up.

We definitely could have used him.

Curry is VERY good. Anyone that can carry Davidson that far is incredibly talented.

There’s no doubt that Curry is one of the best players in the entire nation. Not sure what he will do on the pro level, but as far as the collegiate ranks go he’s the best shooter out there.
I just can’t understand how everyone missed on this kid. I saw an interview where he says that Virginia Tech didn’t even have interest in him, which is crazy because that’s his dad’s alma mater.

It’s because he wasn’t that good til he got to Davidson. Congratulations to him. He seems like a good kid, and definitely has developed into a great college player. Just wish Bob & Bobby would have ironed out whatever their apparent rift is, so we could play them again this year.

he is good, but not that good.

No…he’s that good.

Oregon Trail?

Oregon Trail?

I was feeling a little nostalgic. It was between Oregon Trail or Odell Lake.

Odell Lake, that’s what’s up!

Why should I care about Curry?

His team is not on our schedule.

His success or failure has no impact on whether or not we have a successful season.

[QUOTE]Curry, Abrams will still make noise at the point

Monday, November 3, 2008 |

Posted by Andy Katz

Davidson’s Stephen Curry and Texas’ A.J. Abrams are going through a transition of taking over the point from integral members of their respective Elite Eight runs a year ago.

Curry is replacing Jason Richards on the ball. Abrams is taking over for D.J. Augustin.

Stephen Curry will keep scoring points now that he’s at the point.

It shouldn’t be as much of a problem as it would seem. The concern is always that you’re taking away your best shooter, so by helping one position you’re potentially hurting another. But neither Curry nor Abrams is going to shy away from taking shots. They are still expected to be the focal points of their respective perimeter options.

"A.J. is just like Steph Curry, they both have a great understanding of the game and stay within themselves,’’ said Texas coach Rick Barnes, whose Longhorns scrimmaged Davidson in Austin over the weekend. "They don’t care where you put them on the floor. They both have a great understanding of the game.’’

Davidson coach Bob McKillop, who heaped high praise on the Longhorns’ intense defensive effort, said Abrams handled the position quite well.

"He’s a terrific scorer,’’ McKillop said.

Barnes said Curry, like Abrams, is an all-around basketball player.

"It doesn’t matter where he plays,’’ Barnes said. "Bob has a system that he runs, and they execute it and believe in it. They are so team-oriented.’’

McKillop loved the experience of scrimmaging Texas. He said traveling on the road with this group, dealing with a tough defensive team and getting pushed will only help the Wildcats in preparation for the season. Davidson has a potential showdown with Texas’ top Big 12 rival in Oklahoma in a possible NIT Season Tip-Off second-round game later this month.

Texas wowed McKillop with its rebounding prowess, too. Dexter Pittman presented plenty of problems for the Wildcats. So, too, did Connor Atchley, who isn’t as thick or strong, but still has the long-armed reach to be a pest on the back line.

"This was one of those experiences where Steph Curry grew as a point guard by leaps and bounds,’’ McKillop said. "We could not have had a better laboratory. He’s going to do it [play the point] and do it very well.’’

The Longhorns need A.J. Abrams to fill the gap left by D.J. Augustin.

The shooting of Bryant Barr and William Archambault was also a plus for Davidson against Texas, according to McKillop. Former Harvard signee Frank Ben-Eze didn’t play but is expected to start practicing Monday.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;356618]Why should I care about Curry?

His team is not on our schedule.

His success or failure has no impact on whether or not we have a successful season.[/QUOTE]

Bingo… Winner!!!

[QUOTE=pickman;356563]did i hear correctly curry made the preseasaon all-american team. he is good, but not that good. he is a media darling though.[/QUOTE]

I personally think he should have been unanimous. He IS that good. If there are 5 better players than him in the nation, I sure as hell haven’t seen them.

[QUOTE=hootie;356626]I personally think he should have been unanimous. He IS that good. If there are 5 better players than him in the nation, I sure as hell haven’t seen them.[/QUOTE]

Because no games have been played yet.

[QUOTE=wayton5646;356627]Because no games have been played yet.[/QUOTE]

Well, my youthful friend, it’s a preseason team- it’s based on last year’s performance. I didn’t see five better last year that return. Kinda thought that was understood. I apologize, I’ll try to be more specific next time.

It's because he wasn't that good til he got to Davidson. Congratulations to him. He seems like a good kid, and definitely has developed into a great college player. Just wish Bob & Bobby would have ironed out whatever their apparent rift is, so we could play them again this year.

If I remember right, he was already a very good 3-pt shooter, but he was so skinny that coaches assumed he couldn’t compete on the college level. His defense turns out to be ok (not necessarily stellar, but he’s quick enough to overcome lack of bulk).

The NBA will downgrade him for the same reasons, though it may be more likely to give him trouble in NBA vs. college.

He is an incredible player. Who would people put on the team over him? I think Richardson was a key player for them, but they go nowhere without Curry. He deserves it after his performance last year, particularly in the tournament. Teams were selling out trying to stop him, and still couldn’t do it. In our game, Wilderness put the clamps on him and he scored 32 on 47% shooting, 50% from 3 pt. Of course, we won that game…:49ers:

If I remember right, he was already a very good 3-pt shooter, but he was so skinny that coaches assumed he couldn't compete on the college level. His defense turns out to be ok (not necessarily stellar, but he's quick enough to overcome lack of bulk).

The NBA will downgrade him for the same reasons, though it may be more likely to give him trouble in NBA vs. college.

He is an incredible player. Who would people put on the team over him? I think Richardson was a key player for them, but they go nowhere without Curry. He deserves it after his performance last year, particularly in the tournament. Teams were selling out trying to stop him, and still couldn’t do it. In our game, Wilderness put the clamps on him and he scored 32 on 47% shooting, 50% from 3 pt. Of course, we won that game…:49ers:

His defense showed that game. Leemire went retarded on him. Was it 36 points?

He might have trouble with PGs this year.

nobody could have stopped lee that night.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;356727]His defense showed that game. Leemire went retarded on him. Was it 36 points?[/QUOTE]
That was just a classic game of both Goldwire (36 points) and Curry (32 points) going off with neither stopping the other on the offensive end.