Curtis Withers - CUSA PotW?

Curtis Withers #3

After last night’s performance, I think we have a good chance at back-to-back PotW’s.

Curtis’ numbers in 2 games:

60 pts, 18 rebs, 3 blocks, 3 assists, 21-38 FG (55%), 16-19 FT (84%), 2-3 3PtFG…

Oh, and 2 more W’s! B)

I gotta believe that will do it.

If he isn’t then it is fixed.

Curtis has been playing awesome…someone lit a fire under him, glad they did.

Also LOVED the comments by LUtz that he wa supset if other players shot last night and did not get ball to Curt, glad to hear that.

Lutz is growing and learning as well.

Negatinve to this is Withers may go pro, and if we make a run in tourney other teams will offer lutz this year.

We pay him about $500,000 and can’t match offers of a million a year.

On bright side, Great year to be a NINER FAN!!!

I don’t think anyone else has had a better week than C-Dub

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 09:19 AM [b] Also LOVED the comments by LUtz that he wa supset if other players shot last night and did not get ball to Curt, glad to hear that.

[/b]

It’s no mystery that the offense should run through Curt. Everyone has been calling for us to feed him the ball more since day one. You just can’t have a guy like him on the court and not give him touches. This is the number one problem I have with our guards pulling up for a three with 24 seconds on the shot clock. I’m not saying some of them don’t fall, especially when BP is in a zone but Curt should touch the ball virtually every trip down the court. He’s too much of a threat to score/draw a foul not to. And I love that he’s demanding the ball now. I expect another big night from Curt on Wednesday IF we make the effort to feed him.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Feb 13 2005, 10:29 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Feb 13 2005, 10:29 AM)

What about college player of the week???

If scoring 39 doesn’t get you Player of the Week, nothing will.

he had 21 vs. Houston also…lock for player of the week.

What about the way the guy follows his shot, so when he is down low and misses, he is great about following his shot.

Also notice his production when he stays in the paint, he has been playing a lot more center the last 3 games, and his offensive production has gone way up.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 07:40 AM [b] [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=12143]Curtis Withers #3[/url]

After last night’s performance, I think we have a good chance at back-to-back PotW’s.

Curtis’ numbers in 2 games:

60 pts, 18 rebs, 3 blocks, 3 assists, 21-38 FG (55%), 16-19 FT (84%), 2-3 3PtFG…

Oh, and 2 more W’s! B)

I gotta believe that will do it. [/b]

Has anyone else noticed that Curtis has been on this rampage since he stopped playing so much out on the perimeter?

Ever since the Marquette game, when Crean said he should be playing more in the low post than out on the perimeter, Lutz seems to really trying to pound it to Curt in the low post and it has been paying off.

When they don’t guard him on the perimeter, the three is a good shot for Curt, but he has been unstoppable in the paint, where he belongs.

I remember one posession in the second half when St. Louis triple teamed Curt. Who was the last Niner that happened to? Demarco?

This is a “Can I get an amen?” thread.

NLP,

Amen! Curt for C-USA POW is a ‘no-brainer’. 'nuff said.

GO NINERS!!!

Yeah, Curt will take it this week. It’s about time, too. We just need him to keep this up.

He has moved to 5th in scoring in the conference, what a rise. I don’t think he was in the top 20 a few weeks ago.

Would love another repeat preformance of the SLU game on wednesday night…

GO NINERS!!!

Hopefully ConferenceUSA.com will post the POW sometime soon. Can’t imagine anyone else but Withers getting it this time (unless they take the “easy” way out and go the co-players route).

GO NINERS!

Imagine this: Curt stays for his senior year and wins the Naismith award!