CUSA could have as many as 7 bowl bids in 2015

Conference USA 2015 bowl lineup

Bahamas Bowl, Nassau, Bahamas, date TBA

Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl, St. Petersburg, Fla., date TBA

Gildan New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque, N.M., date TBA

Heart of Dallas Bowl, Dallas, Texas, date TBA

Miami Beach Bowl, Miami, Fla., date TBA

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, New Orleans, La., date TBA

Secondary agreement with Duck Commander Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La., date TBA

Another reason CUSA is better than the Sun Belch.

New bowls with CUSA tie ins officially approved:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25175609/three-new-bowls-added-to-already-crowded-postseason-landscape

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:3, topic:29437”]New bowls with CUSA tie ins officially approved:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25175609/three-new-bowls-added-to-already-crowded-postseason-landscape[/quote]

“We got bowls! We got bowls. In different area codes…area codes.”

NCAA certifies new bowls in Tucson (MW-CUSA), Austin (AAC-SB), Orlando (AAC-SB), sources tell @ESPN; record 42 bowls in 2015

— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) May 6, 2015

Forgot to add that nice little summary.

We were supposed to be in the Austin Bowl, but that would have taken CUSA to 8 bowls, which apparently was an issue.

That Tucson one is a haul, and I dunno anything about the area, but the matchup with a solid MWC squad could be entertaining. I dont think any of the CUSA east schools ever plays MWC competition.

In my dreams Charlotte will defeat ECU in a bowl, then SJ will set himself on fire but do it wrong, suffering an embarrassing loss of hair and smoke damage to his mother’s basement.

Soon, all college football players will get these:

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1, topic:29437”]http://hamptonroads.com/2015/02/conference-usa-could-have-many-seven-bowl-bids-2015

Conference USA 2015 bowl lineup

Bahamas Bowl, Nassau, Bahamas, date TBA

Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl, St. Petersburg, Fla., date TBA

Gildan New Mexico Bowl, Albuquerque, N.M., date TBA

Heart of Dallas Bowl, Dallas, Texas, date TBA

Miami Beach Bowl, Miami, Fla., date TBA

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, New Orleans, La., date TBA

Secondary agreement with Duck Commander Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La., date TBA[/quote]

St Petersburg and NOLA would likely pull the most Niner fans based on location.

That’s sweet to have (7) bowls, it virtually guarantees a spot for all the CUSA 6-6 teams. I do wish another one was driving distance, but as a conference we can’t complain too much about this set-up :slight_smile:

It’s not just college with too many postseason teams. They just changed the structure of NCHSAA. 2A & 3A will have 108 FB teams. 1A & 4A will have 72. There are 64 in each postseason. That means under the new rules almost 89% of 1A & 4A will be in FB playoffs. Just win 1 conference game, & you’re basically in.

Ridiculou$!

clt says millennials must love this.

YOU GET A TROPHY! YOU GET A TROPHY! YOU GET A TROPHY! YOU GET A TROPHY! ::slight_smile:

Secondary agreement with Duck Commander Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La., date TBA
[/quote]

St Petersburg and NOLA would likely pull the most Niner fans based on location.
[/quote]

Shoot fire, I will jump on a 300 dollar cruise out of Charleston and head to Nassau.

[quote=“Niner National, post:7, topic:29437”]Soon, all college football players will get these:

[/quote] and conferences will get this : $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

A startup’s fans complaining about more opportunities to better our program…amazing.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:16, topic:29437”]A startup’s fans complaining about more opportunities to better our program…amazing.[/quote] Which startup fan are you referring to? I think the general tone of some posters is that too many bowls cheapens them, which is a reasonable point of view.
No one on here stated that they were unwilling to take the money, should we be lucky enough to play in bowl. I’m pretty sure other programs will take what they can as well.