CUSA nearing deal with CBS & ESPN

clt is concerned about streaming over 14k modem.

AOL is adding new numbers in the area. Don’t worry.

I feel like with Bein, the conference will actually be a priority considering the worst CUSA games were bringing in around 80-100K in viewers, so 5-6 times more than their programming now.

AOL is adding new numbers in the area. Don’t worry.[/quote]

clt says thanks for the great news. it gets slow at night.

Looks like several of the non revenue sports will be getting exposure on BeIn.

"[font=roboto][size=14px]beIN SPORTS’ coverage of Conference USA will feature 10 football games with conference rivalries, as well as nonconference matchups. The network will also air 10 men’s and 10 women’s basketball games.[/size][/font]

[font=roboto][size=14px]As part of the long-term deal, the programming lineup will include 12 games of Conference USA’s baseball schedule as well as 12 women’s softball events, 10 men’s and 10 women’s soccer matches, and 0 women’s volleyball games."[/size][/font]

[font=roboto][size=14px]Ho hum…[/size][/font]

[font=roboto][size=14px]That is not as good as I thought it would be. No offense to baseball, softball and soccer (also, 0 volleyball games, huh?) but I would rather have another 20-30 football and basketball games over those sports. That’s just me.[/size][/font]

You can get this with Sling TV right? Or at least their sports package. I’d be willing to pay some just for the soccer games I’m not able to go to.

Yes you can. Extra 5 bucks I believe.

I originally read this as “per team,” but now I see that’s the number of overall games they will cover, not per school. Oh well.

This isn’t about our deal, but it puts things in perspective. I did not realize that ESPN intentionally lowballed the B1G with a non competitive offer:

Not bad, but they forgot to include Rice in their opening logo montage. Oops.

In this interview, after the 8:15 mark, Wood Selig says the combined CUSA TV deals are worth about $9 million:

Is that per year or over the two year life of the contract?

The only person I have seen say it was over two years was a Memphis fan.

That’s good news if it’s 9 per, nowhere near as bad as bad as some people were anticipating.

God bless Harry Minimum and the ODU AD for not making him write press releases only.

[quote=“ninerID, post:37, topic:30341”]God bless Harry Minimum and the ODU AD for not making him write press releases only.
http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/got-a-college-degree-may-need-one-to-figure-out/article_6e38751a-a1c5-5ec8-81dd-c9e03de34ede.html[/quote]

If it weren’t for this guy I don’t know how we would follow our program. It disgusts me to pull up the Charlotte Observer any more. Saw some nice coverage of Cheat and State today.

I wonder if ASN 24/7 will be carried by WCCB on one of their digital channels here in Charlotte

Bein Sports games to kick off at 5:30 EST on Saturdays, good news on that front at least.