CUSA TV Negotiations to Begin in Spring

clt says just go full stream with ONE partner

From a former ESPN employee and Marshall alum..

While this story is being reported everywhere, it isn’t exactly accurate…

ASN isn’t going off the air and it isn’t disappearing, in fact, look for it to add up to 10 million homes rather quickly and add an OTT app…

Sinclair is NOT putting it out of business or selling it, it is however about to take in a partner to manage the network…I’ve been a consultant to ASN for two years and the management team has been the singular problem in the network being successful…the operations will move, management team wil be gone and replaced by a new team that will be chosen by the managing partner, but Sinclair will still be the major or at least a major player in the Network…this should be seen as a solid opportunity for the rights owners that currently have contracts with ASN… while this may not be the best solution for ASN, it is a giant step in the right direction.

This and other articles are premature and mostly inaccurate (but have some facts correct)… no deal is as yet final, but one should be finalized soon

Somewhat off topic: MW considers cutting the TV cord

[quote=“moss2k, post:23, topic:30831”]Somewhat off topic: MW considers cutting the TV cord

A reasonably well produced internet steam is just as good as TV to me. Better when you take into account the scheduling that the MW points out, and the end to the disappointment that comes with negotiating TV contracts.

[quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30831”][quote=“moss2k, post:23, topic:30831”]Somewhat off topic: MW considers cutting the TV cord
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sd-sp-azhoops-20170310-story.html[/quote]
A reasonably well produced internet steam is just as good as TV to me. Better when you take into account the scheduling that the MW points out, and the end to the disappointment that comes with negotiating TV contracts.[/quote]

clt says we should get ahead of the curve as well. Quality and consistent 4K stream.

[quote=“Nugget, post:24, topic:30831”][quote=“moss2k, post:23, topic:30831”]Somewhat off topic: MW considers cutting the TV cord

A reasonably well produced internet steam is just as good as TV to me. Better when you take into account the scheduling that the MW points out, and the end to the disappointment that comes with negotiating TV contracts.[/quote]yep. If we had an app that had all cusa broadcasts in HD with a tv-like production I’d absolutely subscribe to cusa.tv.

I have little confidence in many schools in the conference to put forth those resources to make it happen though.

ASN and Campus Insiders launching a joint venture. I liked the stream quality on CI, if they stream all the ASN games that could be pretty nice.

Pilotonline.com: TV will be on the agenda as Conference USA meetings convene in Florida

WVGazettemail.com: Doug Smock: C-USA TV deal could get interesting

Doug Smock just tweeted:

Now Stadium Sports (ASN successor) gives me a call telling me they're still interested in C-USA. Came a little late in the game, but ...

We will get an intern streaming on fb live.

• Stadium is broadcasting 15 CUSA football games this season.
  • Schedule released in June
  • games broadcast over ASN platform, plus Twitter
  • Stadium vice president said they “may televise CUSA games” after contract expires in 2018

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:31, topic:30831”]http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/harry-minium/stadium-will-televise-conference-usa-football-games-including-at-least/article_b7021f5a-1caf-51ba-a227-67b7b6031fca.html

• Stadium is broadcasting 15 CUSA football games this season.
  • Schedule released in June
  • games broadcast over ASN platform, plus Twitter
  • Stadium vice president said they “may televise CUSA games” after contract expires in 2018[/quote]sounds like they’ll pick a few of our bests match ups and our premier games will be on their low rent channels.

Cusa is in a depressing place.

I don’t expect any difference from last year with the exception that all of the games they produce will be available on twitter. I’d rather be on ESPN, but this is better than before.

It will be nice to have a consistent platform for streaming ASN games.

Time to get a tweeter