CUSA Week 3 - Matchups, Times, TV

All Saturday games this week (I think I might miss having at least one Thurs/Fri game):

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Buffalo @ FAU; 12:00 p.m. ET; ASN
Rice @ North Texas: 2:30 p.m. ET; Fox College Sports
LaTech @ Kansas State; 3:00 p.m. ET; Fox Sports Network
Norfolk State @ Marshall: 3:30 p.m. ET; ASN
UTSA @ Oklahoma State: 3:30 p.m. ET; Fox Sports 1
Western Kentucky @ Indiana; 4:00 p.m. ET; WatchESPN, ESPN News
North Carolina Central @ FIU; 6:00 p.m. ET;
Charlotte @ Middle Tennessee: 7:00 p.m. ET; (Al Q network?)
Southern Miss @ Texas State: 7:00 p.m. ET; ESPN 3
North Carolina State @ ODU; 7:00 p.m. ET; ASN
UTEP @ New Mexico State: 8:00 p.m. ET; ESPN 3

FBS OOC games in BOLD. We need a much better weekend after laying a collective turd as a conference last weekend (only OOC wins were over FCS teams).

No obvious OOC blowouts for next weekend. UTSA, ODU and WKU have chances to win some credibility back for the league. I expect USM and UTEP to win road games (always a plus), and FAU should hold serve at home. 6-1 would erase the lingering stink from last weekend.

As for us, MTSU played Bama hard (bad red zone TOs early made the score lopsided) and didn’t get banged up. Will be the toughest game we have ever played as a program.

Does uverse carry the al Queda network?

Thanks. tintin

clt demands that the MTSU game is picked up.

Wow, on paper, Charlotte and MTSU seem surprisingly well matched.

However, while both have 1 FCS game and 1 FBS game, our FBS game was against GSU and theirs against Alabama. I have to believe that skews the numbers a little bit. They still have more horses, age and experience than we do at this point in the game.

If we play well, I think this stays a competitive game. I’d consider that a moral victory at this point. Hope the team surprises me and pulls out the W though.

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:5, topic:29817”]Wow, on paper, Charlotte and MTSU seem surprisingly well matched.

However, while both have 1 FCS game and 1 FBS game, our FBS game was against GSU and theirs against Alabama. I have to believe that skews the numbers a little bit. They still have more horses, age and experience than we do at this point in the game.

If we play well, I think this stays a competitive game. I’d consider that a moral victory at this point. Hope the team surprises me and pulls out the W though.[/quote]

I think we will probably steal a game or 2 in conference this year, but I think a good way to judge our team this year is how we do against the spread. The last line I saw was that we were getting 19 points on Saturday. I think we can cover that.