D Alexander in Mock draft 2007

mock draft

Alexander already showing up in the 2nd round of 2007 Mock draft.

We should have a pretty powerful offense this year, with Withers/Alexander leading the way.

you beat me to this post. i saw that a couple days ago and was pretty impressed that they had him on there, considering he didnt have eye opening numbers at Oklahoma and has been sitting out for a year here. as knowledgable Niner fans, we all know he is most likely NBA caliber, but i didnt expect to see the folks at NBAdraft.net posting him on a mock for at least another year or so. when are we gonna see Withers on that 2006 one!?

awesome baby…FINAL 4 HERE WE COME !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seriously, losing Basden will hurt, but I do think the 05-06 team is capable of exceeding what the 04-05 team accomplished.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jul 6 2005, 01:18 PM [b] i saw that a couple days ago and was pretty impressed that they had him on there, considering he didnt have eye opening numbers at Oklahoma and has been sitting out for a year here. [/b]
As you know...this is exactly why he came to Charlotte. Players get lost in the shuffle in OU's 10-man system (Keith Clark needs a wake-up call). That's why so many players transfer out. DA will be the feature guard for 2 years here. The 2-man game with Curt and D'Angelo is going to be fun to watch. It will show if they truly are NBA caliber.

Interesting, but not too surprising. High 2nd round so if he plays to full ability…

From their 2006 mock draft:

#12 Mardy Collins, Temple
#32 Steven Smith, LaSalle (too low IMHO!)
#49 Pops Mensah-Bonsu, George Washington

Other A-10ers who could show up on the list depending upon their 2005-06 seasons:

6-8 F Bryant Dunston, Fordham, Soph.
6-9 F Rashaun Freeman, UMass, Jr.
6-8 F Mike Hall, GW, Sr.
6-11 C Dwayne Jones, Saint Joe’s, Sr.
6-8 C/F Brain Thornton, Xavier, Sr.
6-8 F Curtis Withers, Charlotte, Sr.

I thought it was a Guard orientated league, that is an impressive list of PF’s.

Timing is good to transition into a new league with our current line-up of players. We should be able to start off strong.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jul 6 2005, 01:18 PM [b] you beat me to this post. i saw that a couple days ago and was pretty impressed that they had him on there, considering he didnt have eye opening numbers at Oklahoma and has been sitting out for a year here. as knowledgable Niner fans, we all know he is most likely NBA caliber, but i didnt expect to see the folks at NBAdraft.net posting him on a mock for at least another year or so. when are we gonna see Withers on that 2006 one!? [/b]
he averaged 18.4 ppg during OU's run through his freshman year. He quickly became their go to guy because he was playing well in the clutch and he has only gotten better since then so...yea

I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT I LIKE THE PROSPECTED STARTING LINEUP FOR NEXT YEAR, BUT THE DEPTH WILL DOWNGRAGE A LITTLE.

I think we will have excellent depth next year

Our depth will downgrade a little. So we go from a bench like Goldwire, Nance and Drayton to a bench like Goldwire, Lewis, Bennet, Jamison, Willaims and Coleman

???

[/QUOTE]Our depth will downgrade a little. So we go from a bench like Goldwire, Nance and Drayton to a bench like Goldwire, Lewis, Bennet, Jamison, Willaims and Coleman

??? [QUOTE]

yea, I want to see the “math” on that one.

i dont there is a question about curt or alexanders basketball ability…it will be there ability to get along that will define our season

from the practices i watched…they did not work well together…alexander has a lot of great stats…except assits…he doesn’t like to pass, and will have a hard time sucking up and giving it to curt down low

i hope alexander stayed around for the summer, and while curt wasnt out playin U21, they were playing pick up ball, and spending time off the court together

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Jul 8 2005, 12:55 PM [b] he doesn't like to pass, and will have a hard time sucking up and giving it to curt down low

i hope alexander stayed around for the summer, and while curt wasnt out playin U21, they were playing pick up ball, and spending time off the court together [/b]

[b]he doesn't like to pass, and will have a hard time sucking up and giving it to curt down low[/b]

That doesn’t quite sound right. :unsure:

I don’t think Withers goes to U21 trials until the end of July/early Auguest. Both have been playing in proam, not on the same team. They need to learn to share.

[b]i hope alexander stayed around for the summer, and while curt wasnt out playin U21, they were playing pick up ball, and spending time off the court together [/b]

Alexander has been around and playing in the Jeff Mcinnis summer league along with everybody on the team except Baldwin(surgery), Jamison(surgery), Lewis(seen him at a game but not playing), and C. Williams.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jul 8 2005, 01:16 PM [b] Alexander has been around and playing in the Jeff Mcinnis summer league along with everybody on the team except Baldwin(surgery), Jamison(surgery), Lewis(seen him at a game but not playing), and C. Williams. [/b]
Gordon?

all i gotta say is that with 2 very viable scorers, one inside (curt), one out (DA), and baldwin at the point… open/good shots are going to be there. If it comes down to the thickheaded bull that some players have for each other to be the only reason why we aren’t getting good shots… I will be an unhappy camper.

[b]QUOTE (pcon @ Jul 8 2005, 01:16 PM) Alexander has been around and playing in the Jeff Mcinnis summer league along with everybody on the team except Baldwin(surgery), Jamison(surgery), Lewis(seen him at a game but not playing), and C. Williams.

Gordon? [/b]

Oops, no Gordon or Tripp Miller sighting.

i think our team is going to be awsome next year!!

the depth is fine!! what the hell are you talking about, we’ll be playing nine guys next year!!

on the draft note, if we dont win some NCAA tournament games, our guys are all NDBL bound!!

withers should be a first round pick next year no matter what, but with no hype its tough, and hype comes with winning in the tournament!!

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Jul 7 2005, 02:02 AM [b] he averaged 18.4 ppg during OU's run through his freshman year. He quickly became their go to guy because he was playing well in the clutch and he has only gotten better since then so...yea [/b]
i meant regular season, not 2 or 3 postseason games. im too lazy to look it back up but im sure it was around 9ppg for his first year and like 12 or 13 his soph year