D1 hoop coach vacancies

feel free to ad to the list, but we need to know who offers better gigs out there this yr, looks like we are about the 7th most attractive job:

Seton Hall
Oregon
Iowa
St Johns
Auburn
Depaul
Charlotte
Toledo
Hawaii
ECU
UCF
Boise State
Fordham
Dartmouth
Gardner-Webb
Louisiana-Lafayette
Penn
UNCW
Wagner
UC Irvine

St Johns
Central Florida

EZU

Boise State
Dartmouth
Gardner-Webb
Hawaii
Louisiana-Lafayette
Penn
Toledo
UNCW
Wagner
UC Irvine

Fordham.

BTW, looks like Rutgers is giving Hill one more year, so one less Big East opening than anticipated.

I know they are in the BE, but aren’t we more attractive than DePaul? I dare say only Iowa and Oregon are definitively more attractive positions than ours. Low end “big 6” schools, while still big 6 schools, aren’t as attractive as you may think. There is a reason they are low end.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I’m an up and coming coach at a lower level school, making the jump to a school like Depaul would scare the shit out of me. It just seems like a job you are always gonna have a hard time winning at, and could really kill your career quickly.

I know money can make you do stupid stuff though (like coach at DePaul).

Winning at DePaul isn’t that hard. Leitao was doing a pretty good job before he jumped ship to UVa and ruined his career.

Virginia seems much more a career killer than DePaul, Wainwright just seems to have wrecked that program for the time being.

[quote=“casstommy, post:8, topic:22789”]If I’m an up and coming coach at a lower level school, making the jump to a school like Depaul would scare the s*** out of me. It just seems like a job you are always gonna have a hard time winning at, and could really kill your career quickly.

I know money can make you do stupid stuff though (like coach at DePaul).[/quote]

Those schools aren’t going to go after up an comers if they are throwing around $1mill plus.

Oh and whomever is going to take over at Seton Hall is going to have a huge mess to clean up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/18/sports/ncaabasketball/18gonzalez.html

the Depaul AD said she is “willing to pay top dollar in the BE for a coach”

strong statement

Both Auburn and Oregon are opening new arenas next season, so that’s a plus for them. Tigers spending about $100 million on Auburn Arena, while the Ducks are pouring $200 million into Matthew Knight Arena.

Link: Auburn Arena

Link: Matthew Knight Arena, University of Oregon

Katz mentions Charlotte vacancy a couple of times in this from his blog.

ESPN.com: Big East schools likely after McCaffery

the Depaul AD said she is “willing to pay top dollar in the BE for a coach”

strong statement[/quote]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/quote]

Okay I revise my statement about being higher than DePaul. If they are willing to pay at the top of the BE scale, that’s about 1.5m. Calhoun is at 1.6m, Huggins is at 1.5m, and Boeheim is around there as well. Pitino is over 2m, but he needs the cash to payoff his lady friends.

add St. Johns to the list.

Sources say Tubby Smith may be ditching Minnesota for Auburn:

Dodds and Ends

:o that’s damn nice

[quote=“run49er, post:13, topic:22789”]Both Auburn and Oregon are opening new arenas next season, so that’s a plus for them. Tigers spending about $100 million on Auburn Arena, while the Ducks are pouring $200 million into Matthew Knight Arena.

Link: Auburn Arena

Link: Matthew Knight Arena, University of Oregon[/quote]

Geez, and we were complaining about 40 mill for a football stadium…

:o that’s damn nice[/quote]
helps when an alum starts a company called NIKE