Daily musings and oddities 🗓️

WSOC Charlotte: NC loses $5.5 billion, 8100-job Hyundai manufacturing project to Georgia.

Where they gonna find 8,100 people? Hell, there’s not enough workers to staff a convenience store these days

1 Like

I do some work with manufacturing and thats a massive issue. The jobs are really well paying and they can’t get people to take them. There have been a a few plants that were set to go into Cleveland and Lincoln counties but they just don’t have a population base to support it.

1 Like

Another reminder of how damn old I am.

There were still 6,000 working phone booths in NYC as recently as 2014.

I had a senior project about Paytel who was once a thriving payphone company. They shifted focus to jail facilities in order to survive. I think they are still around.

clt says the global 8000 is $78M.

What ever happened with Jags. Didn’t he go to Boston or somewhere up north? Been years since I’ve heard that name.

With the Nats.

Strippers as the canary in the coal mine for economic stability has got to be one of the most amazing things ever posted on here.

3 Likes

if money is tight cross the border. get more for your money in canada at strip clubs.

1 Like

Nooo… This sucks. Ray was so great in so many of my favorite flicks. Way way too young.

1 Like

Kinda like Waffle House for an indicator of how bad a storm gonna be

1 Like