Dale Halton passes away

Hasn’t been officially announced that I’ve seen yet, but Dale Halton passed away this morning. A sad day for Niner Nation. We don’t have the facilities on campus today without her generosity.

13 Likes

Thank you Dale Halton for everything you have done for our University. You will be missed and fondly remembered.

5 Likes

Sad to hear, she’s been a tremendous supporter of niner athletics!

4 Likes

I shed a tear when I heard this today. She had been in poor health for awhile. :cry:

3 Likes

RIP Dale Halton. Thank you for all you have done for our University.

6 Likes

With gratitude, thank you Dale!

4 Likes

Jerry Richardson and Dale Halton both gone in the last month. I met Dale Halton as a student years ago. Grateful for her support of the university and wish we had more supporters like her.

4 Likes

RIP Dale.

Watched one NCAA tournament game at the other end of a table she was at. She was a big fan of the program, and I will always be thankful for her support.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Wow. Just spoke to Dale at the 1946 Society get together about a month ago. She looked frail and was on oxygen, but still there supporting our University. Also have fond memories sitting at her table during the pregame tailgate at the Bahama’s Bowl. She loved our school and supported it like no one else. God Bless Dale Halton and Family.

9 Likes

So sad to hear. Also so very grateful for her generous support of the university and its athletics. It was truly an honor to get to know and spend time with her while she was here. So many great memories she has left us. She will be missed greatly in many ways. God bless Fred and her family

2 Likes

Without Dale there is no telling where Charlotte would be today. Her generosity supporting Charlotte as well as countless other charities across the Charlotte area.
She was a great businesswoman and used that to build a philanthropic legacy.

Outside of all that she was just a nice and classy lady who always was friendly and courteous to anyone and everone.

Prayers go out to her family.

7 Likes

Spoke to her in passing once. Just a hi and thanks for all her great support. She wasn’t an alumna, but man, she was a very vocal supporter in the stands too. She will be missed. :heart:

3 Likes

Huge loss. Never got to meet her but what a strong supporter of our school. Condolences to her family and friends.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure she at least took some classes at Charlotte College.

There will never be another. RIP

5 Likes

I heard make a comment at pregame dinner one night that she texted sanchez about the need for us to rebound better. I was laughing but figured that is one text he probably has to respond since her name is on the building

3 Likes

Dale Halton, trailblazing CEO of Pepsi bottling company and philanthropist, dies

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article273404010.html

1 Like

Talked to Dale a few times and she was always very polite. She was a constant figure at basketball games and other events and her charity has made a lasting impact for the Niners and greater Charlotte area. Sad to hear the news and thoughts go out to her family.

2 Likes