Damnit, I've had it!

But who’s going to close for Atlanta? Kolb has already cost Atlanta 4 games single handedly. I cringe every time they put him in. WHY???

I never liked Kolb even when he was doing somewhat good with the Brewers last year. His pitches never hit their intended location and other than that, he sucks ass. I stayed up late just to watch that mess and I am pissed. To think that my biggest concern this year was run production for the Braves. Ha!! We get just enough run support for the outstanding starting pitching rotation, but the bullpen cannot hold things together when the leading dumbass gives it up in the ninth. How does a “closer” issue a walk to start the inning?

I love Dan Kolb. I remember a few weeks ago when a simple force out at third was all that was needed. The throwing error by Mr. Kolb kept the Phillies in the game and the good guys won with some 9th inning heroics.

Hey Braves! Go to Chapel Hill!

The hard charging Phils are only 5 1/2 back now. Leiber is on the mound tonight. the Braves are playing another two at San Diego, the hottest team in the NL.

I didnt like his quote after the game. "walking the leadoff batter doesnt bother me that much, since I get a lot of ground balls they are usually wiped out by double plays. In the Atlanta J&C this morning. I am not sure what the Braves need to do. How many more games can they continue to lose this way?

Let Reitsma close. Kolb is awful.

[i]Originally posted by Lancer49er[/i]@May 18 2005, 01:46 AM [b] How does a "closer" issue a walk to start the inning? [/b]
How does a "closer" do this....and keep his job?
  • In his 19 appearances, the first batter he has faced has reached base 11 times!!!

• In 16 IP he has given up 18 Hits AND 16 Walks!!!

Un-FREAKIN-believable!!

I hate the Braves, but I have Kolb on my fantasy team. Nothing like a terrible closer to inflate your ERA and WHIP.

Starting pitching is great and I would love to see Smoltz back as the closer but it ain’t gonna happen plus now Thomson and Hampton are hurting. This team can’t score consistently and the bullpen absolutely sucks. Kolb being the worst. Somehow though, the Braves are in still in first…

Reitsma looked like the answer a couple of weeks ago but has not been pitching well of late. How old is Gene Garber now?

[i]Originally posted by 49erCC[/i]@May 18 2005, 01:09 PM [b] Reitsma looked like the answer a couple of weeks ago but has not been pitching well of late. How old is Gene Garber now? [/b]
Garber's 57 now. How about Guillermo "Willie" Hernandez or Mike Henneman? They're a little younger than Gene Garber.

Well, Thomson is now out for 2-3 months officially and I found this article about Kolb. Things are not looking good. :frowning:

Notes: Kolb loses job as closer

[i]Originally posted by Lancer49er[/i]@May 19 2005, 04:29 PM [b] Well, Thomson is now out for 2-3 months officially and I found this article about Kolb. Things are not looking good. :(

Notes: Kolb loses job as closer [/b]

I bet Craig McMurtry and Terry Forster look like REAL good options for the Braves now.

Allright, I’ve had it!!! Send him to the minors!!!

Is it time for Jeff Montgomery, Rollie Fingers, or Kent Tekulve yet?

I wish he or Guillermo Mota would freaking close a game. My fantasy team had 3 potential closers going into the season, and so far, only Ryan Dempster is working out (knock on wood).

Chris Reitsma is stepping up big.

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Jun 5 2005, 01:03 AM [b] Chris Reitsma is stepping up big. [/b]
I'm glad SOMEONE is. Looks like Kyle Davies is the latest Braves pitcher to get ZERO run support. Yeesh. A win's a win, I guess.

How about Reitsma!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

NASTY pitch for called strike 3 vs. Baltimore to open this series. Man, he’s really pumped to be the closer. It improved his game 10-fold :clap: :clap:

:angry: :angry: Argh! I just jinxed him!

You just beat me to it. God I hate this bullpen.