Daniel Gray - DB - UT Transfer

Lets be real, when it comes to recruiting and transfers I only know about Charlotte and Tennessee (some SEC) since thatā€™s where I amā€¦ On that note:

Rising sophomore Daniel Gray is transferring from UT. Heā€™s a DB ā€“ started 1 game at corner last year as a Freshman and played in 8 games. FL kid though, so I donā€™t know what our chances would be. Would be nice to pick up a CB with some SEC experience - didnā€™t see to many stops at the spring game against our starting QB (I know that would be 2nd string on D, but that doesnā€™t mean he shouldnā€™t have been stopped). As a 3-star guy who isnā€™t cutting it on a weak SEC-defense itā€™s hard for me to think heā€™s going to go to another major BCS program. DB is a place weā€™re thin at UT right now, so IDK what the reason for leaving would be. Would definitely help at FCS and FBS level though.

RIVALS: 3-star

SCOUT: 3-star

247 and 247-composite: 3-star

Iā€™ll also take this opportunity to point out the 247 composite rankingā€¦ Itā€™s my favorite because it is an average of all the major recruiting websites rankings (Scout, Rivals, 247)

Iā€™m not sure if Charlotteā€™s on his radar, but that would be a monster signing if so. Just a sophomore so would be around for the transition to FCS. He was pushed back on the depth chart, but donā€™t know if thatā€™s why heā€™s leaving.

As a life long Tennessee fanā€¦the last place the Vols need losses is in the secondary, but if he is gonna leave come here! :slight_smile:

Has he expressed interest or is this just us living in a fantasy land? I can never tell with these threads.

Word from the Tennessee people is heā€™s heading to Miami (or the Miami area).

I wouldnā€™t call it fantasy landā€¦ but I thought I would throw it out there. Itā€™s more fun to talk about recruits, potentials, or anything other than our transfers/student fees/athletic donations

Iā€™ll never do it again, Hoonā€¦ :-[

Wellā€¦my Tennessee peops were wrong, heā€™s transfering to Utah State.