David Padgett to Louisville

Confirmed today, David Padgett is transferring from Kansas to Louisville.

What a huge get for the Cardinals. He chose them over UCLA.

According to his mother, “David just felt good about Louisville and he is very comfortable with the school, Coach Pitino and the players there.”

Padgett, who averaged 6.5 points and 4.5 rebounds last season as a freshman for Bill Self and the Kansas Jayhawks, was granted a release from his scholarship earlier this spring after announcing his intentions to transfer from the Big XII program.

Are the Tar Hole fans pissed, or had they already written him off? I remember Mike from Gastonia babbling about him the last time I bothered with Fudge’s show.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 09:47 PM [b] Are the Tar Hole fans pissed, or had they already written him off? I remember Mike from Gastonia babbling about him the last time I bothered with Fudge's show. [/b]
Now that he is heading to a CUSA school rather than an acc school, Fudge will say that he is not good enough to play in the acc.

We won’t get the chance to see Padgett in person, since he’ll be sitting out this year. If Garcia stays for his senior season, UL might take the Big East crown in their first season there.

From the Louisiville Courier-Journal:

Three commit to U of L for 2005

I’m just glad LeeRoy @ UNC didn’t get his hands on this kid again!

Deploy the sentinals… B)

I’m trying to be polite but when it comes to Roy and the Holes, it’s just darn tough so I present to you 2 favorites from the RoyWilliams portfolio…

From the Louisville Courier-Journal:

Pitino said the U of L staff was caught off guard last week by news that Padgett had gotten a release to talk to North Carolina, but he said Padgett’s family contacted UofL coaches and said North Carolina wasn’t under consideration.

Yep, just as I suspected. Probably a rumor started by someone at the Chapel Hill Ob…I mean Charlotte Observer! :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jun 16 2004, 09:00 AM [b] From the Louisville Courier-Journal:

Pitino said the U of L staff was caught off guard last week by news that Padgett had gotten a release to talk to North Carolina, but he said Padgett’s family contacted UofL coaches and said North Carolina wasn’t under consideration.

Yep, just as I suspected. Probably a rumor started by someone at the Chapel Hill Ob…I mean Charlotte Observer! :smiley: [/b]

Yeah, I don’t understand the “permission to talk to UNC” thing. He was already released by Kansas. He could talk to anyone he wants. There’s no such thing as getting permission for a certain school. Yes, the Tarheels wanted to feel special and the Observer thought they were covering the big story. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jun 16 2004, 10:00 AM [b] [b]Padgett's family contacted UofL coaches and said North Carolina wasn't under consideration.[/b] [/b]
I wonder if that information will make the Observer or InsideCarolina.com?
[i]Originally posted by HP49er+Jun 16 2004, 09:24 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (HP49er @ Jun 16 2004, 09:24 AM)