David Scott calling out fans

We are a long way from Hill stepping up or moving on. He has a lot of work to do to land another gig. Either that happens, we are seeing continuous gains towards a goal and Hill signs another deal, or he is gone. I think that is the 3 viable options. Keep in mind that it is likely that CHP is gone before his contract is up. The next person may want/need something different as well.

Where I was going with my comment was towards economics more than Hill. There are predictions of a down economy in a decade or so due to the baby boomers and their cost of care. Sports will be where the fat is cut so either you are in something to weather the storm like a big conference, you are taking a bus to all of your games, or you are not playing sports.

Boomers ruining everything one last time.

I want to believe.

clt says millenials donā€™t plan to work after 40

Do they work before 40? Who knew?

I didnā€™t plan to work after 40 either. Mrs Nugget had a different plan.

Noā€¦ If he kicks ass, he SHOULD be at a bigger school.

With the exception of Judy and the dude at Utah, the AD role is not a job that you sit in for long periods of time.

Ideally Hill Kills it here and is the next AD at Florida.

Not going to thread highjack, so this is the last thing I will say on this, but yall are delusional if you think millenials donā€™t work or donā€™t want to work. Our 29 year old teacher friend works 50 hours a week as a teacher, 12 hours a week as an after school baby sitter, house sits on the weekend, and occasionally drives Uber to make ends meet. Truth is, cost of attending college has skyrocketed and the salary for graduates has remained the same.

Boomers love them a good false narrative though! Good for the soul!

Source: Paying for your college, 30 years ago vs. today

1 Like

noā€¦ thatā€™s exactly the definition of a hijack.

5 Likes

lol. This is great.

clt says millennials are trying to kill chilis and applebees

One of the downfalls of having the stadium on campus is the lack of parking lots near the stadium. Needed more lots like the Black lot, it helps with the tailgating and game day atmosphere.

Just trying to be a little creative but what if the AD rented the parking lot from the old KOHLs during game day and made that one of the major tailgating areas? That would be closer to the stadium and a huge improvement over parking decks. Also the school needs to really encourage the use of the lot beside Wallis. Itā€™s been empty all season and is one of the biggest square parking lots left anywhere near the stadium.

U needs to buy that area and make it walkable anyway. Can you imagine a row of bars there and like a school spirit shop? Walkable for high rises and light rail from other side of campus.

This is low hanging fruit.

Thatā€™s the truth! They could buy it and completely redevelop it bars, restaurants, team stores, Apartments for engineers and professors. Could be a killer area that isnā€™t doing a whole lot right now.

applebees deserves to die

1 Like

I was thinking something similar. maybe even the redesign of the boardwalk area could have some deal with Charlotte to include some game day space for tailgating.

1 Like

Are you guys not aware that a new development company has recently bought most of the University City shopping area (all around the lake) and has plans to redevelop it already? The plans include lots of retail and residential. Also, a ā€œcollege-focusedā€ area/section directly across from the CRI entrance.

1 Like

canā€™t come soon enough

1 Like

Yup, a lot of really awesome and much needed love coming to the University. A ton of construction is currently or in the works as well along the Blue Line Extension.

Top Golf Info

Boarkwalk Info

Kohls Info