David Scott: New 49ers coach has skills to 'make guys better'

From the Big Oā€¦

CharlotteObserver.com: New 49ers coach has skills to ā€˜make guys betterā€™

Funny, he mentions Greg Oden in reference to Ohio State, but for Xavier, instead of NBA All-Star David West, itā€™s Anthony Myles. Can always count on the Big O!

nice read

Seems like this was because the quote from Groce talks about Oden compared to Myles. I wouldnā€™t say it is the O trying to conspire against the A10.

ā€œHeā€™s married to the basketball. If he found somebody who was round and who has seams, heā€™d go right after her.ā€

:))

[quote=ā€œpunkrockcowboy, post:4, topic:23016ā€]

ā€œHeā€™s married to the basketball. If he found somebody who was round and who has seams, heā€™d go right after her.ā€

:))[/quote]He should have gone to mempiss if he was looking a girl like that. :slight_smile:

Whats up with all of the fucking trolls on the oā€™s articles about Major? Doesnā€™t usually bother me, but these people are real dicks - give the guy a chance, or at least, have a good reason to not like him!

Major is going to have all the time in the world to devote to our program. I canā€™t imagine what it would be like without a wife in kids in terms of time on my hands. Definitely a benefit. Can go anywhere, anytime.

[quote=ā€œC49erMoose, post:6, topic:23016ā€]Whats up with all of the f***ing trolls on the oā€™s articles about Major? Doesnā€™t usually bother me, but these people are real dicks - give the guy a chance, or at least, have a good reason to not like him![/quote]I noticed the same thing. I donā€™t think all of those assholes are 49er fans, but it does make us look bad.

The frequency of ā€œUNCCā€ in their comments suggests to me they arenā€™t actually fans even when they are pretending to be. I also think a few of them are putting together multiple sock puppets to make a point. Or maybe all the trolls think and type the same.

I enjoyed the article, though I wonder if Major is happy about that island basketball academy idea getting so much play in the news rather than his coaching activities.

[quote=ā€œ9erken, post:9, topic:23016ā€]The frequency of ā€œUNCCā€ in their comments suggests to me they arenā€™t actually fans even when they are pretending to be. I also think a few of them are putting together multiple sock puppets to make a point. Or maybe all the trolls think and type the same.

I enjoyed the article, though I wonder if Major is happy about that island basketball academy idea getting so much play in the news rather than his coaching activities.[/quote]

I am all for it later on. Long run, this Island Basketball Academy could be a huge payoff. He runs the thing, remembers where he got his startā€¦

ā€¦pipeline?

Donā€™t let your wife read that

Actually, pretty typical of the Big O to downplay anything thatā€™s not ACC (well, Chapel Hill and Duke) or BCS-related. Sure, go ahead and mention Myles, but your average sports fan is probably going to know the name David West, probably even more than Oden since the latter has pretty much ā€œdisappearedā€ since being drafted by Portland due to injuries. Iā€™m not blaming this one on Groce.

Coach Major will find out soon enough what kind of coverage heā€™s going to get from the Observer.