Davidson Officially joins the A10

[quote=“LoyalNiner, post:20, topic:27768”][quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:19, topic:27768”]I’ll be honest – for the first time ever I’m actually a bit jealous from a basketball standpoint.

You’ll never convince me that current CUSA basketball is better than the A10, even after X, Temple, and Butler leave. Congrats to the kitties. Should make the rivalry more fun, or at least more competitive. We had better do our job in CUSA.[/quote]

How about once St.Louis and possible Dayton leave?[/quote]Probably pretty close to equal at that point, but if they stay A10 is easily better.

I actually really like this. It will make our games with them higher profile. It will make their RPI higher year over year. It should be a quality win for us most years.

And I think it makes sense. The A-10 is gonna be a better b-ball league, but we’re in a better place for all athletics and we’re not a basketball school anymore.

I think this is a good move for Davidson, but I do not expect them to be Xavier or anything. Most teams in the A-10 beat us regularly and we beat the Cats regularly. This is not a recipe for hanging banners. After a few losing conference seasons I wonder who will go see them play Lasalle or URI?

I agree with that. I think it is a good move for Davidson, but I can’t see them doing very well for a while. Like Niner National said, if they had trouble against us, then imagine what will happen in games against teams like VCU, St. Louis or La Salle.

But it definatley should make things more interesting for them and for our match ups against them

Good for them. But I hope they have some really bad seasons for a few years at least.

Davidson played a 3 game schedule for the last 20 years.
That ain’t going to play in the a-10. They’re aren’t a lot of Citadel’s, WCU’s and UNCG’s in the a10.

Doesn’t get more official then this:

Congrats to the Kitties. Huge move for them.

I wonder if we gave them all of our A10 hand-me-downs

What like sucking in the league? I am sure they can do that on their own. :smiley:

Stupid move for them and App and Ga Southern. Just plain stupid ole college stupid

Davidson SUCKS!

Davidson always schedules with nutsack on ooc, bet they still do

At least when we beat them now, we won’t be celebrating a victory over a SoCon team.

Thinking more about it, it will help add a little luster to our annual meeting with them. Maybe it will start to feel more like a rivalry.

[quote=“LambertSwag, post:33, topic:27768”]Davidson always schedules with nutsack on ooc, bet they still do[/quote]Won’t be able to sked any non-DI OOC in A-10 as they could in SoCon. Of course, C-USA allows non-DI, so will be interesting to see how we handle that.

Anyway, good move for DC since men’s hoops is their signature sport, plus better women’s hoops and soccer as well. As long as the Cats can hire the likes of Driesell, Holland, and McKillop, they should be OK. Plus the new athletic center addition to Baker will be a drawing card as well.

Now that the Cats are in a decent conference, I may start going to more of their games. I’ll get to see some decent basketball and I’ll get to see Davidson lose, all at the same time.

[quote=“Run49er, post:35, topic:27768”][quote=“LambertSwag, post:33, topic:27768”]Davidson always schedules with nutsack on ooc, bet they still do[/quote]Won’t be able to sked any non-DI OOC in A-10 as they could in SoCon. Of course, C-USA allows non-DI, so will be interesting to see how we handle that.

Anyway, good move for DC since men’s hoops is their signature sport, plus better women’s hoops and soccer as well. As long as the Cats can hire the likes of Driesell, Holland, and McKillop, they should be OK. Plus the new athletic center addition to Baker will be a drawing card as well.[/quote]We had better never schedule a sub-Div I team for a real game. We really are better than that.

Exactly what I was thinking as well…

Attended most of the Davidson vs. A-10 (non-Niner) games at Belk over the past several years. My recollection is that only URI beat them, while the Cats dispatched UMass and St. Joe’s. And counting the away games, the Cats are basically hovering around .500 under McKillop vs. A-10 foes.

BTW, Cats may get a head-start on future conf play next season as they and UMass play in the Charleston Classic. And speaking of Charleston, CofC probably could have been an A-10 member if they had just waited. CAA is going to be better quality hoops than SoCon, but still a one-bidder most seasons.

[quote=“Run49er, post:39, topic:27768”]Attended most of the Davidson vs. A-10 (non-Niner) games at Belk over the past several years. My recollection is that only URI beat them, while the Cats dispatched UMass and St. Joe’s. And counting the away games, the Cats are basically hovering around .500 under McKillop vs. A-10 foes.

BTW, Cats may get a head-start on future conf play next season as they and UMass play in the Charleston Classic. And speaking of Charleston, CofC probably could have been an A-10 member if they had just waited. CAA is going to be better quality hoops than SoCon, but still a one-bidder most seasons.[/quote]Around .500 in the A-10 feels right to me when looking at how Davidson will fare. I think Davidson fans will be shocked.