Dayton pre-game

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;291780]why is it that we cant get nationally televised games. im sure this has been explained elsewhere but teams like nc a&t and hampton were on espnu last night. i cant imagine why we cant get games on tv.[/QUOTE]

Davidson vs Elon is running in our same time slot on Wednesday night on MASN. I think the Coastal Carolina game was listed tomorrow night also when I checked the guide last night…

God I hate Dish Network. Ugh.

Game notes say CSTV-R so it’s probably on the TW cable channel only, if they picked it up. I believe it is Chanel 9 on TWC here in Charlotte. Picassos should get this right?

Game notes say CSTV-R so it's probably on the TW cable channel only, if they picked it up. I believe it is Chanel 9 on TWC here in Charlotte. Picassos should get this right?
pathetic!!!

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;291780]why is it that we cant get nationally televised games. im sure this has been explained elsewhere but teams like nc a&t and hampton were on espnu last night. i cant imagine why we cant get games on tv.[/QUOTE]
Because the Atlantic 10 has a contract with CSTV. They get first crack at the games before ESPN does. So the only way you’ll see Charlotte on a national telecast will be against a non-conference team, as the Maryland game was.

[QUOTE=HP49er;291885]Because the Atlantic 10 has a contract with CSTV. They get first crack at the games before ESPN does. So the only way you’ll see Charlotte on a national telecast will be against a non-conference team, as the Maryland game was.[/QUOTE]

Will this CSTV contract debacle decease by next season?

Nope. A “long-term” deal was signed in 2006. Perhaps someone remembers the details of he length. The fans at the other A-10 schools were up in arms over it at the time.

[QUOTE=HP49er;291894]Nope. A “long-term” deal was signed in 2006. Perhaps someone remembers the details of he length. The fans at the other A-10 schools were up in arms over it at the time.[/QUOTE]
Yes, a topic that had been discussed to death on both NNN and the A-10 board and one that “hijacked” this thread started by yours truly! :tongue:

Basically, this “Deal with the Devil” brought the conference much needed cash but, unlike the old A-10 TV network + ESPN deal, has meant fewer games actually being broadcast.

Picasso’s definitely has game on TWC 9. We will not switch OVER WITH THE START OF PUKE/HOLE GAME.:49ers: