De`Angelo Article

Great read!

Posted on Sun, Nov. 13, 2005

It’s finally his time

De’Angelo Alexander hasn’t played since the end of 2003-04 season

DAVID SCOTT

Staff Writer

De’Angelo Alexander is ready to get back to it. He stands up from a chair… [URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/university_of_north_carolina_charlotte/13155448.htm?source=rss&channel=charlotte_university_of_north_carolina_charlotte]more after the jump[/URL]

[QUOTE]“I’ve never been in a tournament,” he says, smiling, “and not won at least two games.”

And with that, De’Angelo Alexander moves on.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I’m talking about.

"I've never been in a tournament," he says, smiling, "and not won at least two games."

:thumbsup:

“Coach Sampson preaches more defense, but we run and gun.”

Can we bring back Coach Mullins to preach defense to this team?

DA showed his stuff. Sure glad we have him for 2 years.

Notice he’s Benny’s guy. Benny has some connection out west. Too bad Keith Clark didn’t listen to De’Angelo.

"At Oklahoma, there was so much [b]offensive discipline[/b]," says Alexander. "You had to come and slow it down. We're running all the time here. [b]Coach Sampson preaches more defense[/b], but we run and gun."

Possessing the highest winning percentage in school history (.721), Oklahoma head coach Kelvin Sampson is one of college basketball’s most respected leaders. Sampson, a nine-year National Association of Basketball Coaches board member who served the 2003-04 term as the organization’s president, has guided OU to eight consecutive 20-win seasons. The Sooners have averaged 25.0 wins over those eight campaigns and have averaged 26.0 victories over the past six years. He has directed the Sooners to postseason tournament berths in each of his 11 seasons (10 NCAA Tournaments), with a Sweet 16 showing in 1999, a Final Four appearance in 2002 and an Elite Eight appearance in 2003. His teams have also played in the Big 12 Tournament title game five times in the past eight years.

DeAngelo is either a) lazy. b) an idiot. c) a lazy idiot.

How are those coaching videos selling Bobby? Coaching to Win?

[QUOTE=Hooligan;139219]

DeAngelo is either a) lazy. b) an idiot. c) a lazy idiot.

[/QUOTE]

DA - if you’re reading this, consider the source.

[QUOTE=forDniner;139225]DA - if you’re reading this, consider the source.[/QUOTE]

Hooligan obsessively hating Lutz? NO WAY! :wow: :rolleyes:

Hooligan, You may think that your $hit don’t stink but that’s because its getting real old.

DA comes out of the chute as the high scorer, he’s clearly happy to be here playing for a coach with a different philosphy, and all you can do is trash him and Coach.

Why do you think we are getting the #1 or #2 recruit and all of the other decent recruits these days? Is it because of Bobby’s deliberate, defensive oriented style of play?

Coach is making a recruiting niche for us in the shadow of the (once) mighty ACC and has to strike a balance between “If you’re a shooter, you go to Charlotte” or “…but we run and gun” and having a half court offense and credible defense.

Lutz admitted last season that defense was lacking and said he would take steps to address it this season. One game in to it and you’re throwing in the towel.

…now, where is that blocking function?

Well said MeinShaft. Hooligan’s crap on here is getting old. Same thing over and over and over.

[QUOTE=MeinShaft;139248]Is it because of Bobby’s deliberate, defensive oriented style of play?

Coach is making a recruiting niche for us in the shadow of the (once) mighty ACC and has to strike a balance between “If you’re a shooter, you go to Charlotte” or “…but we run and gun” and having a half court offense and credible defense.

Lutz admitted last season that defense was lacking and said he would take steps to address it this season. One game in to it and you’re throwing in the towel.
[/QUOTE]

[Quote]Is it because of Bobby’s deliberate, defensive oriented style of play? [/Quote]
Im gonna assume you ment to say offensive oriented style of play and not gonna push it any further.

[Quote]Coach is making a recruiting niche for us in the shadow of the (once) mighty ACC and has to strike a balance between “If you’re a shooter, you go to Charlotte” or “…but we run and gun” and having a half court offense and credible defense.[/Quote]
Translation - If youre willing to forgo success and have the green light everynight…
or
If you have a really big head and think you can be the next Carmello Anthony…

…come to Charlotte.

[Quote]Lutz admitted last season that defense was lacking and said he would take steps to address it this season. [/Quote]

This interview was done this month! It doesnt seem like he has taken to many steps to address it. I think this is a very telling statement about Lutz’s coaching style and his priorities compared to other more successful coaches.

If the kid doesnt wanna play defense then hes lazy. If the kid thinks the team can be successful without defense then hes an idiot.

Well said MeinShaft. Hooligan's crap on here is getting old. Same thing over and over and over.

Not that I’m trying to pick on Hooligan, but just to point out a feature… the new setup does still have the ignore feature. To ignore someone, you need to view their profile and you’ll see the link to ad them to your ignore list.

Hooligan actually started out his argument well - I actually made a similar point a while back.

His timing is miserable though. Why pick the morning after a nice win where DA is your leading scorer to call him a lazy idiot?

[QUOTE=ninermac;139278]Not that I’m trying to pick on Hooligan, but just to point out a feature… the new setup does still have the ignore feature. To ignore someone, you need to view their profile and you’ll see the link to ad them to your ignore list.[/QUOTE]

I agree Mac but that doesn’t stop the insults. Calling a player a lazy idiot is crossing the line, in my opinion.

[QUOTE]By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Hooligan;139275]Im gonna assume you ment to say offensive oriented style of play and not gonna push it any further.[/QUOTE]

I meant to say deliberate defensive style of play because I was being facetious. Players are coming to Charlotte to get away from that style and Lutz’s is giving them what they want. If he can teach them a little discipline and defense along the way, we’ll be that much better for it but we won’t be adopting the Princeton Offense any time soon.

For my next trick, I should try dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and… satire…

[QUOTE=MeinShaft;139284]For my next trick, I should try dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and… satire…[/QUOTE]

Sadly, you will have to use a disclaimer if you try any of that here. :unhappy:

FWIW, I completely agree with you.

[QUOTE=MeinShaft;139284]I meant to say deliberate defensive style of play because I was being facetious. Players are coming to Charlotte to get away from that style and Lutz’s is giving them what they want. If he can teach them a little discipline and defense along the way, we’ll be that much better for it but we won’t be adopting the Princeton Offense any time soon.

For my next trick, I should try dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and… satire…[/QUOTE]

Post of the day. golf clap

[COLOR=DarkOrange][size=5]$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[size=4][COLOR=Red]!!!Bargin Basement Price!!! [/COLOR][/size]

[size=4][URL=https://www.hoopstore.net/store/search.html?mv_searchspec=Bobby+Lutz&mv_session_id=joxo5CSe&mv_coordinate=1&mv_searchtype=db&mv_sort_field=category&mv_search_field=*&mv_substring_match=1&mv_column_op=ne&mv_column_op=rm&mv_searchspec=1]COACHING TO WIN!!![/URL][/size]

[COLOR=Orange]
[SIZE=5]$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99$3.99[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Some people seem to be happier about a loss. Can’t understand that part of it.

For the record…I for one am disgusted by this loss (and every loss)…not happy at all. Some of us choose Lutz as the target of our anger - while some of us ignore the problem altogether.