Dead Smurfs

Dead Smurfs

Here’s a few quotes from the article:

[b]The people of Belgium have been left reeling by the first adult-only episode of the Smurfs, in which the blue-skinned cartoon characters' village is annihilated by warplanes.

The short but chilling film is the work of Unicef, the United Nations Children’s Fund, and is to be broadcast on national television next week as a campaign advertisement.

The animation was approved by the family of the Smurfs’ late creator, “Peyo”.

Belgian television viewers were given a preview of the 25-second film earlier this week, when it was shown on the main evening news. The reactions ranged from approval to shock and, in the case of small children who saw the episode by accident, wailing terror.

The short film pulls no punches. It opens with the Smurfs dancing, hand-in-hand, around a campfire and singing the Smurf song. Bluebirds flutter past and rabbits gambol around their familiar village of mushroom- shaped houses until, without warning, bombs begin to rain from the sky.

Tiny Smurfs scatter and run in vain from the whistling bombs, before being felled by blast waves and fiery explosions. The final scene shows a scorched and tattered Baby Smurf sobbing inconsolably, surrounded by prone Smurfs.

The final frame bears the message: “Don’t let war affect the lives of children.”

“We wanted something that was real war - Smurfs losing arms, or a Smurf losing a head -but they said no.”[/b]

Once I read that I’m like “I GOTTA FIND THIS!!!” No luck so far…maybe someone here can help me out.

I did find a Canadian PSA on their website warning Canadian 2 year olds about the dangers of landmines. LANDMINES!!!

Check it out…I’ve watched it several times and its cracked me up each time. I still can’t believe its real.

http://www.unicef.org/broadcast/toon9.ram

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Smurf Video

There ya go. Click the video link in the upper right hand corner. It is in the middle of the video clip.

I think the Smurfs probably brought this on themselves. They live a pretty reclusive and fundamental life. With that beard that Papa Smurf has I could easily see him calling out for a Smurf Jihad… infact I insist we send a team to search for some Weapons of Smurfdestruction. I wonder if they have any smurfin oil under those little houses??? I will be happy to keep an eye on Smurfette at the abu-gargamel prison!

All kidding aside this is great… my sister collected these things when I was little and i soooo wanted to bomb them all!

WBNiner you are the greatest!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well at least Handy Smurf will be employed with all the reconstruction of Smurf village. Thus this will allow him to employ fellow Smurfs which will improve the jobless rate.

clt has just found out that halliburton will be rebuilding smurf village, not handy smurf.

A cool follow-up video could show Papa Smurf being pulled from his spider hole. Y’know they could check his beard for lice and poke around with a flashlight.

I am just really upset at how Al Smurfzera is portraying the attack. I hear that special ops are closing in on Al Smurfqueda #2 man… Brainy… the bombing of the village targeted both Papa Smurf and Brainy. Brainy ofcourse is the brains behind their Smurf Jihad. It is now believed they are in hiding in the hills getting assistance from the Gummi bear tribes.

I also know that here in america we are not supposed to racially profile anyone… but everytime I see a blue guy with a white hat I just wanna go smack him! I mean the way I look at it it is either a Smurf or a Carolina basketball player… either one deserves to be smacked!

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Oct 12 2005, 12:03 PM [b] clt has just found out that halliburton will be rebuilding smurf village, not handy smurf. [/b]
handy smurf is a Haliburton employee, being a productive member of society and all.

i want to see the Team America/South Park version of this.

Come on guys! You can’t racially profile. Not all blue-skins are fundamentalist, extremist, Smurfists. We must bridge the gap between our two cultures and win over their hearts and minds.

Can they ululate?

I saw on the news last night that Carowinds will reopen Smurf Island to house those Smurfs that were displaced by the bombings.

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne+Oct 12 2005, 10:32 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerOne @ Oct 12 2005, 10:32 PM)

I predict a housing BOOM in three years time as they rebuild smurf village, similar to this:

[b]property values have increased close to 1,000 percent in the past three years in parts of town.[/b]

could be a good investment for a smart smurf.