DeAngelo at Portsmouth

DeAngelo had 25 points and 5 rebs on 9-14 shooting (5-9 for three) in only 18 minutes! Thats awesome, hope it helps him to sneak into the draft or get picked up ala Eddie. By the way his team Holiday Inn killed Tidewater 110-71. In fact in tthe first half DA had 12 points in 3 minutes on 4-7 shooting…damn.
:49ers:

DeAngelo had 25 points and 5 rebs on 9-14 shooting (5-9 for three) in only 18 minutes! Thats awesome, hope it helps him to sneak into the draft or get picked up ala Eddie. By the way his team Holiday Inn killed Tidewater 110-71. In fact in tthe first half DA had 12 points in 3 minutes on 4-7 shooting...damn. :49ers:

Hell yea, go D!!!

Curt played decently at this and I really felt he would get a chance in the league. Hopefully DA can represent us somewhere in the league.

I hope De’Angelo shows them he actually has a game more than just the three, considering that’s what basically Bobby had him doing since he stepped foot on campus.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;229559]I hope De’Angelo shows them he actually has a game more than just the three, considering that’s what basically Bobby had him doing since he stepped foot on campus.[/QUOTE]
He looked like a much more complete player during conference play this year.

Here is draftexpress’s take on him after his performance:

[QUOTE]De’Angelo Alexander, 6’5, SG/SF, Charlotte
25 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, 9-14 FG, 5-9 3PT, 2-2 FT

Joseph Treutlein

De’Angelo Alexander had a strong showing to start off the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, playing within himself and off the extremely strong play of point guard Dashaun Wood to the tune of 25 points, including five NBA three-pointers on the game. Pretty much all of Alexander’s points on the game were scored in one of two ways. Aside from the five spot-up three-pointers, the rest of Alexander’s points came on lay-ups either in transitions or off cuts. Alexander only got into trouble on the game when he tried to create his own offense, pulling up for shots from deep when he didn’t have his feet completely set, as he did on all the spot-up opportunities created by teammate Dashaun Wood.

Alexander possesses a strong frame for his size and he possesses pretty good athleticism as well. He showed these qualities off on the defensive end by playing in-your-face defense and keeping his man in front of him on most possessions. He made a steal defending his man on one occasion that he took the length of the court to convert for a transition lay-up. Alexander could have an outside shot of making the NBA as a role player, though he would do himself well to continue playing within himself, showing off his outside shooting stroke and more strong, aggressive defense.[/QUOTE]

So he would have looked like an NBA player his entire time here if he had a PG to create him shots? Interesting…

Wow, good to hear for DA’s sake. Hurts the outlook on Bobby a little though. Makes you realize he isn’t putting the pieces in quite the right places.

So [I]nowww[/I] he starts playing defense… :dry:

[QUOTE=ChevEE;229563]Wow, good to hear for DA’s sake. Hurts the outlook on Bobby a little though. Makes you realize he isn’t putting the pieces in quite the right places.[/QUOTE]

What pieces are you referring to? I’m still still looking.

The 5 NBA threes is impressive, indeed. And he has always finished well on breaks, BUT not in traffic. That is the one area that I’ve always said is his weakness, you have to be able to convert and finish with authority if you’re a 2 or 3 in the NBA. Curt had a hard time doing that and he was stronger than just about everyone out there.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;229575]The 5 NBA threes is impressive, indeed.[/QUOTE]
I had noticed this season that he was creeping back further away from the three line as the season progressed. I assumed in anticipation of being a threat in the NBA from outside. I really wish him the best.

Not so pretty tonight:

2-11, 0-6 3Pt, 6 points, 5 boards, 1 steal, 2 assists

But his team won, so he plays in the championship game tomorrow

Not so pretty tonight:

that is the DA i’m used to seeing haha jk

Most of you people bashed DA all year. He was far and away our best player this season. I just hope he can make it to the NBA so I can read all of your posts about how you support him and how it is so great that he is doing these types of things. It is so funny to hear you guys talk about how selfish he has been all year and how he doesn’t do this and doesn’t do that but he has one good game at Portsmouth and everyone is so happy for him. Some of you make me sick.

Good luck DA

Not so pretty tonight:

This has to hurt whatever draft stock he has. 0 for 6 from 3 and less than 20% shooting? Ouch. I hope he does well in the championship game.

Most of you people bashed DA all year. He was far and away our best player this season. I just hope he can make it to the NBA so I can read all of your posts about how you support him and how it is so great that he is doing these types of things. It is so funny to hear you guys talk about how selfish he has been all year and how he doesn't do this and doesn't do that but he has one good game at Portsmouth and everyone is so happy for him. Some of you make me sick.

Good luck DA

I don’t know where you are reading in this thread that “everyone” is so happy for him. Regardless, i don’t think anyone wants to see a niner fail.

DA is a good ball player, he could become an incredible ball player. The thing is, even amazing horses need to be broken, and Bobby and his system wasn’t what DA needed. Likewise, DA also wasn’t what Bobby and his system needed.

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;230236]Most of you people bashed DA all year. He was far and away our best player this season. I just hope he can make it to the NBA so I can read all of your posts about how you support him and how it is so great that he is doing these types of things. It is so funny to hear you guys talk about how selfish he has been all year and how he doesn’t do this and doesn’t do that but he has one good game at Portsmouth and everyone is so happy for him. Some of you make me sick.

Good luck DA[/QUOTE]

Please. We arent talking about Eddie Basden here. Deangelo is selfish, but is still a Niner, so I will support him. That having been said, he isnt quick enough to play the two in the NBA, and is wayyyy too small to play the three, so I highly doubt he will make a roster.

Please. We arent talking about Eddie Basden here. Deangelo is selfish, but is still a Niner, so I will support him. That having been said, he isnt quick enough to play the two in the NBA, and is wayyyy too small to play the three, so I highly doubt he will make a roster.

how do you explain reddick making a team?

[QUOTE=the daxified one;230242]how do you explain reddick making a team?[/QUOTE]

If Deangelo played for Duke, he would be a late first rounder, or early second rounder. As it stands, he may make it via the Eddie Basden route, but I highly doubt it. We will see though.

Do you think Alexander is/was as good as Reddick?
Do you think Alexander is/was as good as Reddick?

deleted.

Because Reddick can actually play.