DeAngelo at Portsmouth

[QUOTE=ninerID;230948]is this a positive for alexander, or undeniable proof of Bobby Lutzā€™ lack of ability to stabilize a team.[/QUOTE]

It is interesting he came in with the ā€œselfishā€ label. You forgot to highlight this part, though:

[QUOTE]Alexander was the third cog in the well-oiled Holiday Inn team that won the PIT tournament championship.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately he was our best player and was expected to hit big shots and win games for us. Thereā€™s a comment in there about him feeding off the others and their success.

I thought the team was pretty stable. They didnā€™t give up on the season or bitch at one another. Alexander needed help at the point, and inside, which is what he got at PIT.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;230950]both. i would disagree with whoever said that da was our best player this year he wasent ej was. also, whoever said ej wouldnt man up and play in the post should be embarrassed, he was the toughest player we have. he played hurt all year and out of position, never complained, rebounded great, scored and always played with heart. ej definitly manned up.[/QUOTE]

EJ had the best year so I guess he was our best player, but DA has more talent. He did not man up when we needed him. No big shots or key rebounds like Eddie used to do.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;230432]Major concern going into the season was DA doing his own thing and taking too many shots. I think we saw a lot of that although the team seemed to stay together. An example is the N Texas game where DAā€™s dad attended and happened to be sitting right behind me. I happened to get front row seats for the game. His dad was shouting out instruction and DA was listening. He told him to take the game over, take it inside, etc. I actually thought it was a good plan but seemed like their own agenda. Still, Iā€™m glad he was a Niner, he played hard, and is a talented player. Just not NBA material, and could have been more of a team guy.[/QUOTE]

most logical post you have ever made. bout time and nice post.

per nbadraft.net

[QUOTE]
Impressive:

Deā€™Angelo Alexander - Excelled in the shooting category where he drilled five 3-point shots. Defensively he played the passing lanes and ran down the court on one occasion for a nice lay-up in transition. Interestingly enough, despite showing the ability to score, he struggled some when trying to create off the dribble. Despite his impressive shooting performances, Iā€™m not sold on him being a pure shooter. In my mind heā€™s much more of a scorer. From an NBA standpoint, there is a lot to like: good body strength, scoring mentality and above average perimeter defense. Based on his play, Alexander should have a legit shot to receive an invite to Orlando.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;230432]An example is the N Texas game where DAā€™s dad attended and happened to be sitting right behind me. I happened to get front row seats for the game. His dad was shouting out instruction and DA was listening. He told him to take the game over, take it inside, etc.[/QUOTE]
Lefty, I got to listen to that, plus his mom and brother for the last two home games. His brotherā€™s running commentary on the other Niners was pretty good stuffā€¦ :rolleyes: :tongue:

Lefty, I got to listen to that, plus his mom and brother for the last two home games. His brother's running commentary on the other Niners was pretty good stuff... :rolleyes: :tongue:

What did he say? And is it the same brother that is going to GW(I think) next year?

Lefty, I got to listen to that, plus his mom and brother for the last two home games. His brother's running commentary on the other Niners was pretty good stuff... :rolleyes: :tongue:

Xavier Alexander will be playing at GW next season

[QUOTE=the daxified one;231117]Xavier Alexander will be playing at GW next season[/QUOTE]
It was Steven who was here with their mother, not Xavier. BTW, Xavier led Midwest City H.S. to the Oklahoma 6A state championship and was named Daily Oklahoman ā€œBig All Cityā€ Player of the Year.

Anyway, hereā€™s more about PITā€¦

NBA.com: [b]Keeping ā€™Scoreā€™ at the PIT

The Way It Is At the PIT

Players Make Final PIT Impressions[/b]

SI.com: Necessary proving ground: Donā€™t underestimate Portsmouthā€™s value to seniors

It was Steven who was here with their mother, not Xavier. BTW, Xavier led Midwest City H.S. to the Oklahoma 6A state championship and was named [I]Daily Oklahoman[/I] "Big All City" Player of the Year.

Anyway, hereā€™s more about PITā€¦

NBA.com: [B]Keeping ā€™Scoreā€™ at the PIT

The Way It Is At the PIT

Players Make Final PIT Impressions[/B]

SI.com: Necessary proving ground: Donā€™t underestimate Portsmouthā€™s value to seniors

oh ok i didnā€™t know he had more than 1 brother. i guess steven is the comedian out of the family?

2007 PIT All-Tourney Team:

Dustin Saisbery, Temple
Russell Carter, Notre Dame
Anthony Tolliver, Creighton
Ryon Covile, Detroit
Jamaal Tatum, Southern Illinois
Caleb Green, Oral Roberts
Carrtier Martin, Kansas State
Adam Haluska, Iowa
Rashad Jones-Jennings, Arkansas-Little Rock
Carl Landry, Purdue
David Teague, Purdue