Definition of Division I football

Then why is he not going to a D1 school?[/quote]

You are finally losing it. ;D[/quote]

I think maybe I am just too old. To me there is D1 and D1AA.

I am aware we are D1AA (FCS). I thought the argument was that he was FBS material.

I live in Hickory and work with people who have season tickets for Maiden football. My understanding is that he is a good kid and a good athlete. I expect him to be a contributor and I welcome him to Charlotte.

Have I paid my penance? ;)[/quote]

Nah, you’re not too old. You’re just too bitchy for someone who had not been back since the mid 90’s to support any program, while sportin’ a big negative mouth on everything was all. ;D[/quote]

Graduated in 1997. Carried season tickets until 2002. Not sure what you are talking about. Haven’t been negative yet.[/quote]

Really??? We’ll see as soon as basketball season starts. I’m sure you’ll have something “cool” to write about after every game (even you’re not at the game). ;D

It’s much more than semantics. There is a world of difference between D1AA and DII. And you would be one person I would expect to note the difference.

You are finally losing it. ;D[/quote]

I think maybe I am just too old. To me there is D1 and D1AA.

I am aware we are D1AA (FCS). I thought the argument was that he was FBS material.

I live in Hickory and work with people who have season tickets for Maiden football. My understanding is that he is a good kid and a good athlete. I expect him to be a contributor and I welcome him to Charlotte.

Have I paid my penance? ;)[/quote]

Nah, you’re not too old. You’re just too bitchy for someone who had not been back since the mid 90’s to support any program, while sportin’ a big negative mouth on everything was all. ;D[/quote]

This is not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned that Mullins Maniac has not been to any of our games since the 90s. That’s quite surprising. I would have thought he goes to all our games instead of none of them.

It’s much more than semantics. There is a world of difference between D1AA and DII. And you would be one person I would expect to note the difference.[/quote]

I know the difference very well. We’ve discussed the number of scholarships of each level, etc., many times on here. When most people say that someone has D1 talent, they are referring to “FBS” talent, formerly known as D1-A, or “D1” for the term that most people use in conversation for FBS. That’s what generated all of this to start with. There is a pretty big difference between FBS talent and FCS talent, also, and that’s what MM was getting at when someone stated that Johnson had D1 talent. Is it FBS or FCS talent? That would have avoided the last 30 posts arguing about the levels of football within the NCAA that everyone on here already knows.

There is a big difference in FCS talent and DII talent too. FCS teams can beat FBS teams, even BCS teams on occasion. The best DII teams would never come close, even to low quality FBS opponents, and would likely have trouble beating even the worst (scholarship) FCS teams.

It’s much more than semantics. There is a world of difference between D1AA and DII. And you would be one person I would expect to note the difference.[/quote]

I know the difference very well. We’ve discussed the number of scholarships of each level, etc., many times on here. When most people say that someone has D1 talent, they are referring to “FBS” talent, formerly known as D1-A, or “D1” for the term that most people use in conversation for FBS. That’s what generated all of this to start with. There is a pretty big difference between FBS talent and FCS talent, also, and that’s what MM was getting at when someone stated that Johnson had D1 talent. Is it FBS or FCS talent? That would have avoided the last 30 posts arguing about the levels of football within the NCAA that everyone on here already knows.[/quote]
I am the guilty one that said he has d1 size and talent, and yes I was referring to CHARLOTTE. App is D1, Charlotte is D1, Elon is D1, Coastal Carolina is D1. I would have said the same for any of those.

Stop with the “most people” stuff. This is ninernation.net, not a 610 AM message board sponsored by Walmart. I shouldn’t have to clarify what D1 is or isn’t.

That’s what I thought too, until someone was called out and made to be a villain for not clarifying what was implied when using D1.

I’m a little surprised anyone here would say FCS isn’t D-1.

And this is why a good % of our fan base makes me want to jump in front of a train…good grief![/quote]

Don’t jump. We need to hang on to our intelligent fans.

And this is why a good % of our fan base makes me want to jump in front of a train…good grief![/quote]

And if our fans think this it paints a clear picture why we are a joke to the Charlotte Metro area.[/quote]

I agree. What really irritates me is one of our own made what looked like this cheap shot against one of our first football recruits. Why? This was something I would expect to see in the Observer blog being made by one of the commentors that always throw cheap shots toward us.

I agree with PowetBait. I’m very surprised Mullins Maniac thought we were not D1.

Sorry guys. I just assumed we were playing DII like in basketball.

Sorry guys. I just assumed we were playing DII like in basketball.[/quote]

Past couple of seasons it sure has felt like we play Division II

Past couple of seasons it sure has felt like we play Division II[/quote]
new user name powetboat.

also, lolololol. Our basketball team has sucked for so long I can understand how someone would think we were DII, hilarious.

Just to clarify, that was a joke and not meant as a stab toward our basketball prgram. Dont want to be accused of being “negative”. But since this thread has become about how ill informed I am, the last time I was on campus, the last time I was at an athletic event and if I even know how to find the campus with a GPS, I thought it was appropriate.

Just so everyone knows, I am very well informed about UNC-Charlotte athletics and always represent well. I get all my info from the Observer and our local media.

Again, the last two sentences…tongue in cheek.

Just to clarify, that was a joke and not meant as a stab toward our basketball prgram. Dont want to be accused of being “negative”. But since this thread has become about how ill informed I am, the last time I was on campus, the last time I was at an athletic event and if I even know how to find the campus with a GPS, I thought it was appropriate.

Just so everyone knows, I am very well informed about UNC[size=7]-[/size]Charlotte athletics and always represent well. I get all my info from the Observer and our local media.

Again, the last two sentences…tongue in cheek.[/quote]

Represent well without the hyphen. :wink:

Just so everyone knows, I am very well informed about UNC-Charlotte athletics and always represent well. I get all my info from the Observer and our local media.

Again, the last two sentences…tongue in cheek.[/quote]

Represent well without the hyphen. ;)[/quote]

I’m sure that hyphen was toungue in cheek too or maybe even 2 other body parts. Mullins Maniac you are the one who stated you had not attended any of our games or events in years. Perhaps that is why it was discussed. You are the one saying we were not D1 before you started joking about it. Perhaps that is why it was discussed too. Just my 2 cents.

This thread is exactly the reason no one takes us seriously. Moderators please close for the sake of maintaining face for the university.

I can see why alot of posters shy away from NNN, half the posters seem like they’ve never seen a vagina in person.

Are you talking about a D1, D2, or D3 vagina?