Definition of Division I football

Then why is he not going to a D1 school?

Then why is he not going to a D1 school?[/quote]

Umm…he is

:o

And this is why a good % of our fan base makes me want to jump in front of a train…good grief!

And this is why a good % of our fan base makes me want to jump in front of a train…good grief![/quote]

And if our fans think this it paints a clear picture why we are a joke to the Charlotte Metro area.

And this is why a good % of our fan base makes me want to jump in front of a train…good grief![/quote]

And if our fans think this it paints a clear picture why we are a joke to the Charlotte Metro area.[/quote]

Sad but true.

You are finally losing it. ;D

Umm…he is[/quote]

We won’t be D1 during any of our initial recruits careers at Charlotte, unless they get extra years due to injury, etc. We will be I-AA/FCS for all of the guys we are recruiting now. I think that was MM’s point.

Umm…he is[/quote]

We won’t be D1 during any of our initial recruits careers at Charlotte, unless they get extra years due to injury, etc. We will be I-AA/FCS for all of the guys we are recruiting now. I think that was MM’s point.[/quote]

We will be D1 from day one.

Yes, D1-FCS and not FBS, but D1 regardless.

Let’s just go ahead and clear the air. Division I has two sub-divisions: those that decide their champion with a playoff (FCS) and those that decide their champion through a computer ranking and a bowl game (FBS). Both sub-divisions are part of Division I. Charlotte will be playing in the championship division to begin with.

Umm…he is[/quote]

We won’t be D1 during any of our initial recruits careers at Charlotte, unless they get extra years due to injury, etc. We will be I-AA/FCS for all of the guys we are recruiting now. I think that was MM’s point.[/quote]

We will be D1 from day one.

Yes, D1-FCS and not FBS, but D1 regardless.[/quote]

Thank you. That was my point. We are not a division II school. We are and will be division I.

That’s semantics. The NCAA changed their designations, but the point was that we will be I-AA/FCS for at least four years and not what most people term as a D1 (FBS) school for football. What I term as D1 is not I-AA (FCS). I’m glad Mr. Johnson has chosen Charlotte. Hopefully he will be a great contributor, no matter which side of the ball he’s playing.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what you or “most people” term it (according to you) does not matter. Anyone who says we aren’t D1 is wrong, period.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what you or “most people” term it (according to you) does not matter. Anyone who says we aren’t D1 is wrong, period.[/quote]

Technically, nobody is D1 anymore in football. There is no D1. It’s now FCS and FBS. D1 is simply a term people still use because that’s what the two highest levels of NCAA football used to be classified as, D1 and D1-AA.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what you or “most people” term it (according to you) does not matter. Anyone who says we aren’t D1 is wrong, period.[/quote]

Technically, nobody is D1 anymore in football. There is no D1. It’s now FCS and FBS. D1 is simply a term people still use because that’s what the two highest levels of NCAA football used to be classified as, D1 and D1-AA.[/quote]
per the NCAA that is not correct:
http://www.ncaafootball.com/

There is Divsion I FBS and Divsion I FCS.

Also, it was DI-A and DI-AA

A good % of us wish you would.

You are finally losing it. ;D[/quote]

I think maybe I am just too old. To me there is D1 and D1AA.

I am aware we are D1AA (FCS). I thought the argument was that he was FBS material.

I live in Hickory and work with people who have season tickets for Maiden football. My understanding is that he is a good kid and a good athlete. I expect him to be a contributor and I welcome him to Charlotte.

Have I paid my penance? ;)[/quote]

Nah, you’re not too old. You’re just too bitchy for someone who had not been back since the mid 90’s to support any program, while sportin’ a big negative mouth on everything was all. ;D

I have been entertained by the last few posts.

Let’s just make sure when we talk to other schools fans that we call ourselves Division I, cause we are. Don’t sell us short to other folks, thanks.

You are finally losing it. ;D[/quote]

I think maybe I am just too old. To me there is D1 and D1AA.

I am aware we are D1AA (FCS). I thought the argument was that he was FBS material.

I live in Hickory and work with people who have season tickets for Maiden football. My understanding is that he is a good kid and a good athlete. I expect him to be a contributor and I welcome him to Charlotte.

Have I paid my penance? ;)[/quote]

Nah, you’re not too old. You’re just too bitchy for someone who had not been back since the mid 90’s to support any program, while sportin’ a big negative mouth on everything was all. ;D[/quote]

Graduated in 1997. Carried season tickets until 2002. Not sure what you are talking about. Haven’t been negative yet.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:18, topic:25760”]I have been entertained by the last few posts.

Let’s just make sure when we talk to other schools fans that we call ourselves Division I, cause we are. Don’t sell us short to other folks, thanks.
[/quote]

This x 100 !!!..and thanks to NinerID for saving me the trouble of looking that up.