Demontez Stitt

I just got finished watching the Butler Bulldogs lose to my McDowell Titans. Stitt can play, but wasn’t enough to get them the victory. McDowell took it to them all night and drove the length of the floor in 5 seconds for the game winner. Stitt may be successful at Clemson but he wasn’t enough tonight. GLAD HE ISN’T COMING TO CHARLOTTE!!! Go titans!!

What makes you glad he’s not coming to Charlotte?

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;220105]What makes you glad he’s not coming to Charlotte?[/QUOTE]
NinerLoudNProud

Now that I have come down from the high of the amazing win, I definitely wish we had Stitt. I was just in the flow when I wrote that. That kid can really play, he just didn’t have enough help tonight. My bad haha

Mike Gerrity > Demontez Stitt

That’s wishful thinking, but it will more than likely be the other way around.:pout:

so much about you getting hyped up about a player before he wears the uniform

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;220373]That’s wishful thinking, but it will more than likely be the other way around.:pout:[/QUOTE]

Let’s just wait and see if Stitt does as good as Gerrity did in his first year. Of Course all these freshman are starting to play lights out now when they go to Clemson.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;220373]That’s wishful thinking, but it will more than likely be the other way around.:pout:[/QUOTE]

Gerrity started four years at national powerhouse Mater Dei. Gerrity dropped 19 pts on UCONN in his first or second D1 game. Stitt plays for Butler and loses in the playoffs. Stitt will be a backup at Clemson.

We will see how it pans out…

Does anyone know how Gerrity is fairing in practice?

[QUOTE=ninereast;220456]Does anyone know how Gerrity is fairing in practice?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have heard from multiple sources, including players on the team, that he is NASTY. Most recently I talked with Ian about him. He said Gerrity is lightning quick, and super athletic. Said he is only about 6’0 or maybe 6’1 but can easily dunk. He doesnt have a great shot, but has incredible handles, and is “strong with the ball.” This guy has the starting job next spring locked up it sounds like.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;220459]Yeah, I have heard from multiple sources, including players on the team, that he is NASTY. Most recently I talked with Ian about him. He said Gerrity is lightning quick, and super athletic. Said he is only about 6’0 or maybe 6’1 but can easily dunk. He doesnt have a great shot, but has incredible handles, and is “strong with the ball.” This guy has the starting job next spring locked up it sounds like.[/QUOTE]
Sweet! So we should expect an injury or NCAA disqualification by next Christmas right? :dry:

Sweet! So we should expect an injury or NCAA disqualification by next Christmas right? :dry:

Either that, or he leaves school to go deal with family issues or something of the sort.

Yeah, I have heard from multiple sources, including players on the team, that he is NASTY. Most recently I talked with Ian about him. He said Gerrity is lightning quick, and super athletic. Said he is only about 6'0 or maybe 6'1 but can easily dunk. He doesnt have a great shot, but has incredible handles, and is "strong with the ball." This guy has the starting job next spring locked up it sounds like.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Gerrity is the best thing to hit Charlotte since Colson at the PG position. It is just that my faith in our talent evaluation and development lately has diminished. Also, when we have asked for reports from people in the program, or on the team, about another player they have very seldom if ever been less than stellar. But, maybe the information you have received on Gerrity will actually be fulfilled on the court. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;220527]Don’t get me wrong, I hope Gerrity is the best thing to hit Charlotte since Colson at the PG position. It is just that my faith in our talent evaluation and development lately has diminished. Also, when we have asked for reports from people in the program, or on the team, about another player they have very seldom if ever been less than stellar. But, maybe the information you have received on Gerrity will actually be fulfilled on the court. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

The difference between Gerrity and the high schoolers and JUCOs is that Gerrity has already proven to be solid on the D1 level.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;220535]The difference between Gerrity and the high schoolers and JUCOs is that Gerrity has already proven to be solid on the D1 level.[/QUOTE]

You speakith the truth Chisox17.

Sad news, Stitt has passed away at the age of 27.

http://www.wcnc.com/mb/sports/former-butler-hs-basketball-star-dies-suddenly/271828704