Derrio Green out

Derrio Green has quit the team per my sources. Did not travel to richmond last week. Will remain in school

WTF?

I thought he looked pretty useless out there against Richmond. Now I know why. He wasn’t even there!

[quote=“49rDie, post:1, topic:26399”]Derrio Green has quit the team per my sources. Did not travel to richmond last week. Will remain in school[/quote]Derrio played at Richmond.

I don’t blame him- he has nothing to gain by staying on the team.

He’s obviously done and it’s a lot of friggin’ work to ride the pine.

I thought he looked pretty useless out there against Richmond. Now I know why. He wasn’t even there![/quote]

LOL, I thought the same thing.

Hopefully, he didn’t quit. I like Derrio, and its pointless to quit when the season is almost done, anyways, Wanted to cheer for him at senior day. But, I’d understand either way. Good luck to whatever you do, Derrio!

This is great.

Didn’t travel to a game he played in. Might be the worst rumor thread ever.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:7, topic:26399”]This is great.

Didn’t travel to a game he played in. Might be the worst rumor thread ever.[/quote]

My sources say that Derrio’s jump shot quit the team 11-11-11.

he has quit … wont be suited tonight

My source tells me that 49rDie is a pot-stirring fool.

ull see

Wouldn’t surprise me at all… We’ll find out tonight I guess. Would be a real shame IMO… not the most talented guy we’ve ever had, but he did lead us to some wins when he got hot. Seemed like a nice guy whenever he was interviewed. Not sure what happened, but he obviously found his way onto Major’s shit list.

I think the only thing that happened is we got equal production out of a freshman, so why bother playing a senior when the freshman is playing around the same level.

I don’t know… fresh legs, change of pace. We were short handed a couple of times and Derrio still didn’t play. Not like we’re lighting it up or anything… we’re 3-8 in our last 11 games. He is streaky, but I think he can still contribute if given a chance.

I’m not saying I wanted Derrio benched like that. I really like Derrio a lot.

But, he was given an opportunity to succeed and I can see how a coach would feel like that opportunity is now better used on someone who will be here 3 more years.

Sure, I agree with that. I still think Derrio could have been a decent off the bench guy. 5-10 mins a game if nothing else. I don’t think his play warranted the complete outcast status Major seemed to place on him… especially as much as we’ve been losing. Just makes me wonder if something else happened between them

Like I said before, you shouldn’t play favorites & treat someone like crap. If Major wants loyalty to his zoning out people, then you have to win. You lose, then you can’t justify rudeness.

In no way, pre-team violation where he didn’t start, did he and Williams provide the same impact. The stats do not show that AT ALL (outside rebounding). If anything, Major decided that if he was going to give up defense in order to have some more offense, he would go with Briscoe and then let Williams get the back-up minutes to gain experience and provide some size on defense and the boards.

Up till the team-violation, Derrio was still averaging more than 20 minutes and 7.3 points per game…he was clearly out-performing Williams on the offensive end…he just landed in the doghouse and decided not to do what he had to do to get out. I feel it is probably all on Derrio, just sad because while he wasn’t an amazing player or anything, he was still very serviceable depending on his level of effort on defense.

I’ve heard there is no story here, we’ll find out in a few hours.

So everyone is wearing Derrio Green shirts for the game tonight? :stuck_out_tongue: