DeVarte Watson - 2017 F JUCO - Released from LOI

[quote=“mightymitchfan, post:60, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:30579”][quote=“Niner National, post:55, topic:30579”]Wonder what the story is. It’s not like we were out of scholarships, so we didn’t need to pull his to make room for someone else.[/quote] We might never get the whole truth. GRaids + Queens does not compute.
Perhaps he pointed a hairdryer at someone.[/quote]

Coaches tweet saying he was available but team needed to be able to accept a D. Not sure much more explanation is needed. If dude was making d’s at community college I don’t blame the coaches for being reluctant.[/quote] Interesting that Queens would have a lower standard than we.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:61, topic:30579”][quote=“mightymitchfan, post:60, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:30579”][quote=“Niner National, post:55, topic:30579”]Wonder what the story is. It’s not like we were out of scholarships, so we didn’t need to pull his to make room for someone else.[/quote] We might never get the whole truth. GRaids + Queens does not compute.

Coaches tweet saying he was available but team needed to be able to accept a D. Not sure much more explanation is needed. If dude was making d’s at community college I don’t blame the coaches for being reluctant.[/quote] Interesting that Queens would have a lower standard than we.[/quote]

I don’t know about this specific situation, but the hands of the coaching staff may well have been tied. You cannot transfer a D into a UNC system school for credit. You’ve got to have a C or better. If he needed the class in question in order to be admitted, then that explains it. Queens, on the other hand, has more latitude.

The NCAA admissions standards for D2 schools are more lenient than those for D1 schools. The previous post about the requirements for UNC system schools’ admissions may have been the reason, too.

Well now he’s linked with JC Washington and Quentin Jackson…great group of guys !

clt says it is frustrating to play by the rules when other schools CHeat.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:61, topic:30579”][quote=“mightymitchfan, post:60, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:30579”][quote=“Niner National, post:55, topic:30579”]Wonder what the story is. It’s not like we were out of scholarships, so we didn’t need to pull his to make room for someone else.[/quote] We might never get the whole truth. GRaids + Queens does not compute.

Coaches tweet saying he was available but team needed to be able to accept a D. Not sure much more explanation is needed. If dude was making d’s at community college I don’t blame the coaches for being reluctant.[/quote] Interesting that Queens would have a lower standard than we.[/quote]

Why do you say that? Some of our finest universities have lower standards than us for both academic and behavioral integrity. Why would a small private college in Charlotte be immune to the disease. And when did Queens college become this shining light of academic prowess anyway?

[quote=“Gassman, post:66, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:61, topic:30579”][quote=“mightymitchfan, post:60, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:30579”][quote=“Niner National, post:55, topic:30579”]Wonder what the story is. It’s not like we were out of scholarships, so we didn’t need to pull his to make room for someone else.[/quote] We might never get the whole truth. GRaids + Queens does not compute.

Why do you say that? Some of our finest universities have lower standards than us for both academic and behavioral integrity. Why would a small private college in Charlotte be immune to the disease. And when did Queens college become this shining light of academic prowess anyway?[/quote] I said it because its interesting to me! Jez Louise, take a breath already.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:67, topic:30579”][quote=“Gassman, post:66, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:61, topic:30579”][quote=“mightymitchfan, post:60, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:30579”][quote=“Niner National, post:55, topic:30579”]Wonder what the story is. It’s not like we were out of scholarships, so we didn’t need to pull his to make room for someone else.[/quote] We might never get the whole truth. GRaids + Queens does not compute.

Why do you say that? Some of our finest universities have lower standards than us for both academic and behavioral integrity. Why would a small private college in Charlotte be immune to the disease. And when did Queens college become this shining light of academic prowess anyway?[/quote] I said it because its interesting to me! Jez Louise, take a breath already.[/quote]

Sorry 4ever. The right tone didn’t come through in that post. I was trying to imply that Queens is overrated and reinforce that we seem to have higher standards than some of our brethren in the NC system. Didn’t mean to come off like I was dissing you.

[quote=“Gassman, post:68, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:67, topic:30579”][quote=“Gassman, post:66, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:61, topic:30579”][quote=“mightymitchfan, post:60, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:30579”][quote=“Niner National, post:55, topic:30579”]Wonder what the story is. It’s not like we were out of scholarships, so we didn’t need to pull his to make room for someone else.[/quote] We might never get the whole truth. GRaids + Queens does not compute.

Why do you say that? Some of our finest universities have lower standards than us for both academic and behavioral integrity. Why would a small private college in Charlotte be immune to the disease. And when did Queens college become this shining light of academic prowess anyway?[/quote] I said it because its interesting to me! Jez Louise, take a breath already.[/quote]

Sorry 4ever. The right tone didn’t come through in that post. I was trying to imply that Queens is overrated and reinforce that we seem to have higher standards than some of our brethren in the NC system. Didn’t mean to come off like I was dissing you.[/quote]

Yeah; they’re not bad, but their ranking of #22 in Regional Universities in the South puts them behind JMU (#8), App State (#9), Christopher Newport (#14), UNCW (#16), Hampton (#18), etc.

[quote=“Gassman, post:68, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:67, topic:30579”][quote=“Gassman, post:66, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:61, topic:30579”][quote=“mightymitchfan, post:60, topic:30579”][quote=“4ever niner, post:59, topic:30579”][quote=“Niner National, post:55, topic:30579”]Wonder what the story is. It’s not like we were out of scholarships, so we didn’t need to pull his to make room for someone else.[/quote] We might never get the whole truth. GRaids + Queens does not compute.

Sorry 4ever. The right tone didn’t come through in that post. I was trying to imply that Queens is overrated and reinforce that we seem to have higher standards than some of our brethren in the NC system. Didn’t mean to come off like I was dissing you.[/quote] 49er pride!