Dewhurst to forego Senior year of basketball eligibility

Later Dew…Hello Sirin!!! This guy is good…cant wait to see him get more time…

Great defensive player and rebounder, he will be missed.

[quote=“willymo49, post:32, topic:22563”]I wish Charles the best, and he has been an impactful player for us. He has also had his share of major medical issues as well, however no one can ever say he wasn’t dedicated to the 49ers.

With that said, don’t you all think he is doing the program a favor by declaring his future status now, rather than the summer? I think he is a gentleman and a scholar by telling Coach Lutz of his future plans in February, instead of June. He is, and always will be a great 49er! I know he will be successful in the future.[/quote]
amen to that…as I mentioned above this family is first class unlike Transferrity leaving us high and dry

this had to be such a tough decision for him. probably many sleepless nights.

i like him, too. he always plays with heart. i respect that.

I’m afraid we’ll miss Dew more than we realize right now. He has always struggled with confidence, but I was hoping that would improve his senior year. Dew is much more athletic than he looks which allows him to take people by surprise when he really wants to. If he could play with a lot of confidence, he could be dangerous. I think the knee brace slowed him down a bit this year. Good luck Dew!

[quote=“willymo49”]Poor Robert. I kind of feel bad for him, though not too bad! And he made fun of my mom’s basement, even thought she deosn’t have one? The bottom line is Dewhurst cares, and always gave his all to the 49ers.[/quote]don’t feel bad for him. I could have posted his phone #, address, a picture of his house, and a photo of him but I felt that would be taking it too far.

I will honestly miss Dewhurst a lot, even though he opens the door for my favorite player next year. Overall I am very proud of him for making the decision that he has just followed through with. I wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors, and most of all happiness.

A BIG [glow=green,2,300]Get 'Em Dew [/glow] goes out to him for the remainder of the season!

Dewberry! You will be missed. Still have a pic of the “block” against Clemson(?)
Remember watching him for the first time in high school go toe to toe against Jeremy Goode in a great overtime battle.

Upsetting that he is leaving due to the discontinuation of a masters program based on the decision of a dean that has little interest in sports, from what i am told. Especially in a town like Charlotte…wow, dont we have a motor sports program that the university always discusses, get a degree in motor sports from charlotte then go somewhere else to continue your education because we cut a very promising program, wow…so who de we e-mail? Sad to me especially with us adding football, just another opportunity…wasted.

[quote=“chasmo101, post:47, topic:22563”]Upsetting that he is leaving due to the discontinuation of a masters program based on the decision of a dean that has little interest in sports, ffrom what i am told. Especially in a town like Charlotte…wow, dont we have a motor sports program that the university always discusses, get a degree in motor sports from charlotte then go somewhere else to continue youe education because we cut a very promising program, wow…so who de we e-mail? Sad to me especially with us adding football, just another opportunity…wasted.[/quote]Agree.

One word… HEART.

As rare as this situation may be for our program, this didn’t surprise me as much as it may have surprised some of you. Dew has always come off as the “intellectual type,” both in the way he approaches the game and from the conversations I’ve had with him. He has been a good player for us and a GREAT ambassador for this program, and if he decides to pursue his academic interests over his career in basketball, more power to him. I’m going to miss his contributions, especially on the glass and at the free throw stripe, but congratulations, Dew! We wish you all the best in your career and hope to see you back in Halton soon after you graduate!

now that we have 4 schollies for next year…do we hold one, get a juco, or does Trevin Parks get a chance this summer to earn the last one?

He is 2nd on team in points per shot, 2nd in FT%, our only front liner with more assists than TOs, most assists of front court players, 4th on team in rebounding. Perhaps our best overall player if he would shoot his share.

That’s my feeling on him as well. He does so much on the floor and he’s a warrior. I hate that he doesn’t look to shoot a little more, but he’s a great weapon. He’s also our best defender on the wing, he just doesn’t have the length that An’juan has and I imagine it is harder to elevate to the rim (hence the reason he gets blocked on so many layups) because of his knee.

I really hate to see him go, but he is one of the guys I know left it all on the floor every time he played.

[quote=“gamer, post:51, topic:22563”]He is 2nd on team in points per shot, 2nd in FT%, our only front liner with more assists than TOs, most assists of front court players, 4th on team in rebounding. Perhaps our best overall player if he would shoot his share.[/quote]Yep. Like I said, we’re sure gonna miss him.

Maybe we should start a “ONE MORE YEAR” chant during the Richmond game.

That would be excellent.

[quote=“Over49er, post:53, topic:22563”][quote=“gamer, post:51, topic:22563”]He is 2nd on team in points per shot, 2nd in FT%, our only front liner with more assists than TOs, most assists of front court players, 4th on team in rebounding. Perhaps our best overall player if he would shoot his share.[/quote]Yep. Like I said, we’re sure gonna miss him.
[size=6]
Maybe we should start a “ONE MORE YEAR” chant during the Richmond game[/size]
.[/quote]

I agree as well…!!

Somebody is going to get a hell of an intramural player where ever he goes to grad school.

This really sucks, he does so much for the team.

Hopefully he’ll make the last few games really count

Good for Dew. I’m sure this was a tough decision for him, but it looks like he made the right choice. He will be missed.