Dewhurst to forego Senior year of basketball eligibility

Commies & Fascists arenā€™t so far apart.
They both have gun control.
They both have concentration camps.
They both have govā€™t takeover of everything.
And a million other things that would best be saved for the political thread.

[quote=ā€œrun49er, post:18, topic:22563ā€][quote=ā€œstonecoldken, post:16, topic:22563ā€]What Commie Fascistā€¦[/quote]Now thereā€™s a contradiction if I ever saw one! Of course, never thought I live to see a Communist monarchy, which is basically whatā€™s going on in North Korea.

Anyway, sorry to hear this will be Dewā€™s final season. Always been a favorite of mine ever since his playing days at Charlotte Latin. Too bad the injuries took away so much PT (something Xā€™s Coach Mack can relate to as well).

Wish you all the best![/quote]

Well, this certainly isnā€™t about PT. Heā€™s doing this for the right reasons. Actually makes me like him more. Have we ever had a guy leave early for the right reasons?

I really like Dew as well, but I canā€™t understand how it would ā€œhurtā€ him so much to postpone transferring (and his grad school plans) by 1 year and its not like heā€™d be wasting his own money as heā€™s on scholarship.[/quote]

If he was a star player, was contributing greatly, or he thought he would be hurting the team by ending his career early, then I think he would stay for the teamā€™s sake. We have 4 SFā€™s on the roster for this and next season, and I think he knows that heā€™s not going to be leaving us high and dry. Everyoneā€™s career must end at some point, and Dew is doing whatā€™s best for him in preparing for the next 30 years.

I canā€™t recall any scholarship players leaving early to pursue academics, but I seem to recall a player or two leaving to take care of family issues. Dedric Spooner never enrolled in 03-04 in order to attend to a family matter. I never saw or met the guy, but I thought that was extraordinarily unselfish and said a lot about a great kid that never donned the Niner uniform.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=204851799&SPID=44799&SPSID=363433

While this does not make me happy- Iā€™ll remain uneasy until we sign another 4 yr SF.

clt just read about a charlotte native playing at charlotte giving up major college bball to further his academic career on charlotte.com.

clt says that of course this is facetious.

clt provides a link from your local news source: si.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/ncaa/02/26/charlotte.dewhurst.ap/

Berry good!

Wow.

All the best Dew.

Will always remember ā€œDewberryā€ @ Clemson.

Kind of strange but he wants to focus on his career, not basketball. Heā€™s had a lot of bad luck. We all certainly wish him the best.

[quote=ā€œ49timesthelovin, post:22, topic:22563ā€]Well, this certainly isnā€™t about PT. Heā€™s doing this for the right reasons. Actually makes me like him more. Have we ever had a guy leave early for the right reasons?[/quote]Need to clarify - meant the PT he missed while out injured. Played in only 6 games in 06-07 before season-ending injury, then 12 last year. Agree that heā€™s doing this for the right reasons.

Good luck Dew!!!

Good luck Dew!

Itā€™s time for us to start bringing in some committments

I wish Charles the best, and he has been an impactful player for us. He has also had his share of major medical issues as well, however no one can ever say he wasnā€™t dedicated to the 49ers.

With that said, donā€™t you all think he is doing the program a favor by declaring his future status now, rather than the summer? I think he is a gentleman and a scholar by telling Coach Lutz of his future plans in February, instead of June. He is, and always will be a great 49er! I know he will be successful in the future.

Weird.

DOBAā€¦ thank god he didnā€™t follow others and tell the coach two weeks before the season starts.

Iā€™m really going to miss his hustle, rebounding, and passing. I hope he pulls the trigger more in the last few games, I never understood how the guy could shoot such great looking free throws and not take a 4 foot shot.

Weā€™re gonna miss him more than some people think, buit he needed to do whatā€™s best for him.

I wish him the best.

Alsoā€¦ Does this mean weā€™ll be honoring him at Senior Day next weekend? I think we should.

Yes.

Really sad to see this news. I know he has to be disappointed, but I hope he does well where ever he goes.

I really loved what he brought to the game and to our team. It is hard to find guys so willing to give their all on the defensive end. Kid has gotten black eyes and bloody lips but never backed down and never stayed out for too long. Heā€™s tougher than me, thatā€™s for damn sure.

Hope we go out on a high note with him.

Later Dewā€¦Hello Sirin!!! This guy is goodā€¦cant wait to see him get more timeā€¦

Great defensive player and rebounder, he will be missed.