Dewhurst to forego Senior year of basketball eligibility

[quote=“Get Em Gokhan, post:60, topic:22563”][quote=“Over49er, post:53, topic:22563”]Maybe we should start a “ONE MORE YEAR” chant during the Richmond game.[/quote] As good as this may sound, I honestly don’t think that this is the right idea. Granted I would love to have him back on the team next year, but I feel that we should respect his decision that he has made for himself. It is a rarity to have a player commit himself more to academics than athletics when you have to ability to compete as such a prestigious level.

I have no problem with a special chant for Dew, but lets keep it a little less direct and show that we are proud of him for what he has done and wish him luck in the future. Not a selfish request for another year from him.[/quote]

ever broke up with girl and she called after and said she really wanted you back? well, may be annoying if you broke up with her… but you get what i’m sayin. doesn’t hurt the ego.

i say CHANT!

Why can’t he simply go to grad school the following year?

I would love to just play ball and live completely free for a year.

[quote=“wayton5646, post:62, topic:22563”]Why can’t he simply go to grad school the following year?

I would love to just play ball and live completely free for a year.[/quote]

He would be required to take classes under NCAA rules. So maybe advancing his education is more important than wasting a year taking intro and elective level classes.

I have a huge amount of respect for Dewhurst for leaving to pursue his academics. I hate to see him go, but any STUDENT-athlete that puts his education ahead of his sport obviously has his head on straight.

I don’t understand how someone who doesn’t like sports is Dean of a Masters in Sports that he would cancel it.

CHP wouldn’t hire a Nursing Dean who hated Nursing. This is crazy.

Bring back the Sports MBA or we RIOT!!! >:D

[quote=“scollie41, post:63, topic:22563”][quote=“wayton5646, post:62, topic:22563”]Why can’t he simply go to grad school the following year?

I would love to just play ball and live completely free for a year.[/quote]

He would be required to take classes under NCAA rules. So maybe advancing his education is more important than wasting a year taking intro and elective level classes.

I have a huge amount of respect for Dewhurst for leaving to pursue his academics. I hate to see him go, but any STUDENT-athlete that puts his education ahead of his sport obviously has his head on straight.[/quote]I agree. This is far from the norm and should be commended.

And it would be an honor to have your name chanted 1 more year, even if we all know you aren’t!

Chant his name like everybody else… but a ‘one more year’ sounds like we’re questioning his decision.

The decision has been made and cannot be changed.

[quote=“Lew, post:67, topic:22563”]Chant his name like everybody else… but a ‘one more year’ sounds like we’re questioning his decision.

The decision has been made and cannot be changed.[/quote]

One more year is a great chant honoring a player. It tells him you’re sad to see him go. It’s not disrespectful. jesus christ.

Except for the taking the Lord’s name in vain part, I agree with Powerbait.

He didn’t take the Lord’s name in vain.

He took his son’s :stuck_out_tongue: