Did 4,921 actually show up for game?

Since I missed the exhibition due to my son’s high soccer playoff game, just read the boxscore and it listed attendence as 4,921. Sure didn’t look that way on the sports coverage I saw on WBTV and WSOC. How accurate is that?

You know as well as anyone that those numbers are inflated.

But, I wasn’t there either, so I can’t say.

I will be down for the app state game though and the WFU game. I’m excited to see this team, even if they wont be good yet.

When everyone else starts reporting butts in seats, so will we. That’d be stupid to buck the trend. Look what happened with Calipari when Memphis was doing that. He about had a coronary over it.

there is no way that is true. That means the place was over half full, I would say about a quarter full.

Post #3
[URL]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17725&highlight=attendance[/URL]

NinerID you have just won a 49ers prize pack

As I just said in another thread, if the boxscore said it, it must be true.

ok, I guess you wanted an honest reply.

Other than the 2 main student sections (which appeared to be packed), I would guess there were 70 (49+21, instead of 4,921) people in attendance.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;265395]Other than the 2 main student sections (which appeared to be packed), I would guess there were 70 (49+21, instead of 4,921) people in attendance.[/QUOTE]

Well, that 70 tops the attendance at the Vance-Ashbrook soccer match last night! :tongue:

I just “eyeballed” the updated numbers from the 49erpriderewards website.

There are somewhere between 950-1100 names who got credit for attending last night.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;265401]I just “eyeballed” the updated numbers from the 49erpriderewards website.

There are somewhere between 950-1100 names who got credit for attending last night.[/QUOTE]
The total was closer to 921 than 4921. I was standing on the track when Judy came in and her response was, “Where is everyone?”

I just "eyeballed" the updated numbers from the 49erpriderewards website.

There are somewhere between 950-1100 names who got credit for attending last night.

I can do you one better. Exactly 931 names got credit for attending.

There is no way there were more than 1,500 people at that game.

[QUOTE=HP49er;265408] I was standing on the track when Judy came in and her response was, “Where is everyone?”[/QUOTE]

Well, considering I heard my FIRST radio ad for 49ers basketball THIS MORNING, I have serious doubts how many people even knew they could’ve had a choice between trick or treating and a college basketball scrimmage.

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;265409]I can do you one better. Exactly 931 names got credit for attending.[/QUOTE]

Well, I was trying to make an optimistic projection…so I did assume a little high.

I was there, & I don’t think there was 4,900.
I haven’t signed up for some credit thingy.

Since I missed the exhibition due to my son's high soccer playoff game, just read the boxscore and it listed attendence as 4,921. Sure didn't look that way on the sports coverage I saw on WBTV and WSOC. How accurate is that?

Any Gee Gee fans or cheerleaders? Did Ottawa even have 5 players? They stink.

There was one person behind the Gee-Gee bench.
There were no Gee-Gee cheerleaders?
Gee-Gees did have a tall dude, but none of them were that good.

Student seating was pretty packed, even the upper had a decent ammount, but besides that there were empty seating everywhere. The lower alumni section was scarce with people, since it was an exhibition on halloween they should have at least let people from the uppers come down.

When did we get an “lower alumni section” in Halton? Do you mean the “general public/season ticket holder” lower section?..hmmm:wink:

its right there were like 1200 students i think with 500 requesting tickets early is some form or another

[QUOTE=919R;265466]When did we get an “lower alumni section” in Halton? Do you mean the “general public/season ticket holder” lower section?..hmmm:wink:[/QUOTE]

Technically, you’re right. It includes bookstore niners fans too. (analogous to walmart tarheel fans)

Does anyone else think Halloween is a bad night for a basketball game?