Diet of a Championship Athlete

So, I would think that the trainers help keep track of some of the eating habits of their athletes. I know they are college kids, but to an extent. Well, Derrik Rose of Memphis has quite the diet going…

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Link to story…[/COLOR]

Rose received treatment from trainers instead of talking to reporters. Shortly after, the school released a statement settling any doubt about his status..."He eats Gummy Bears and Starburst for breakfast, and Twizzlers and Honey Buns for dinner. That's why his stomach hurts," fellow guard Chris Douglas-Roberts said. "We tell Derrick the whole year, 'Stop eating so many Gummy Bears and Sour Straws.' But he can't. ... [B]Nobody eats Gummy Bears more than him."[/B]

:lmao:

This is my favorite part of the page you linked to…

[URL=http://sports.aol.com/ncaa-tourney/alumni/][/URL]

That works for me because his game is sweet!

(I know, I know, I won’t argue if I get -10 cool points or +10 cheese points.)

It’s easy to hate Calimari and Mempiss for their fans and what he has said about us. Easy to hate Dorsey, because of who he is, but CDR and Rose are likeable enough. And Calimari does just enough good to offset the bad.

But at the end of the day, they are still mempiss, so they should be hated.

this is great I love to see great college athletes have the same diets as us regular college students

Anybody remember the old John Belushi spot on SNL for little chocolate donuts, breakfast of champions?

[QUOTE=Powerbait;312914]But at the end of the day, they are still mempiss, so they should be hated.[/QUOTE]

Why? Because they are successful? Because they are 40 minutes away from a National Title? Because they are still in CUSA and are ruling the Conference?

Calipari is not my favorite, but he’s not a bad coach. Some may not agree with his methods, but you can’t deny what he has done. I’m sure he has a nice athletic budget and top-notch facilities, but for a non-BCS school to be as good as they have for the past few years, is an accomplishment in this era of college sports.

I am pulling for Memphis tonight and I would do the same if we were still conference opponents.

[QUOTE=scollie41;312952]Why? Because they are successful? Because they are 40 minutes away from a National Title? Because they are still in CUSA and are ruling the Conference?

Calipari is not my favorite, but he’s not a bad coach. Some may not agree with his methods, but you can’t deny what he has done. I’m sure he has a nice athletic budget and top-notch facilities, but for a non-BCS school to be as good as they have for the past few years, is an accomplishment in this era of college sports.

I am pulling for Memphis tonight and I would do the same if we were still conference opponents.[/QUOTE]

Because of all the trash calimari talked about us when we were dancing in CUSA and he wasn’t.

Because of all the disdain their fans had for our program, even though we were beating them and doing better in a tougher division in conference.

Because they are Mempiss, and they suck.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;312954]Because of all the trash calimari talked about us when we were dancing in CUSA and he wasn’t.

Because of all the disdain their fans had for our program, even though we were beating them and doing better in a tougher division in conference.
[/QUOTE]

That’s fair. He whine’s like a little girl if he doesn’t get his way. But that’s not been a problem for them the last few seasons.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;312954]Because they are Mempiss, and they suck.[/QUOTE]

That’s mature - real mature.

I couldn’t stand Calamari because of his cheap shots against us, not to mention the logo stomping incident and a few others.

That said, I hope they win tonight because I think it will be more beneficial to us for a “non-Big 6” team to win.