Directions to the Davidson game....

Anyone have any really good directions? They would be very much appreciated

The best way from campus is probably to take Harris Blvd. west to I-77, and go north to Exit 30. From there, take a right off the exit and that road takes you straight to the campus. Take a right at the light when that road ends, then take the first left onto (I think it’s called) Davidson-Concord Road. From there they’ll be directing traffic into Belk Arena.

On a side note, make plans to arrive early. Parking and traffic in Davidson is a bloody nightmare.

thanks TF, i really appreciate it. if anyone else has any other suggestions that they think might work out better please offer them, but this sounds good to me. thanks a lot man

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 11:37 PM [b] Anyone have any really good directions? They would be very much appreciated [/b]
The best and fastest way from the university is 85N to Poplar Tent (Exit 50). Go left until it ends at hwy 73. Turn left ang go a few miles to Davidson-Concord road and turn right. Go a couple miles until the road ends and turn left, the arena is on the right. Parking blows.
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 5 2004, 11:50 PM [b] The best and fastest way from the university is 85N to Poplar Tent (Exit 50). Go left until it ends at hwy 73. Turn left ang go a few miles to Davidson-Concord road and turn right. Go a couple miles until the road ends and turn left, the arena is on the right. Parking blows. [/b]
Poplar Tent is actually Exit 52.

Those aren’t bad directions either. I’ve been both ways and there’s not much of a time difference between the two, though PI’s way may actually be better as it avoids 77 on a weekday.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:44 AM [b] The best way from campus is probably to take Harris Blvd. west to I-77, and go north to Exit 30. From there, take a right off the exit and that road takes you straight to the campus. Take a right at the light when that road ends, then take the first left onto (I think it's called) Davidson-Concord Road. From there they'll be directing traffic into Belk Arena.

On a side note, make plans to arrive early. Parking and traffic in Davidson is a bloody nightmare. [/b]

On the left at that traffic light is a really cool bar beside the train tracks (Davidson Depot?). Good place to pregame/carpool.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 12:15 AM [b] Poplar Tent is actually Exit 52. [/b]
damn im glad you corrected that TF
[i]Originally posted by Hooligan+Dec 6 2004, 01:36 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Hooligan @ Dec 6 2004, 01:36 AM)

Equally, if not more important than directions… where are the best places to park?
How about some Mapquest images of good streets or something. I hate parking there.

There’s quite a bit of street parking in Davidson on Concord Road, Main Street, Jackson Street, etc. There’s also a shopping center (includes a Home Economist) on Griffith Street right before the raildroad tracks if you are coming into Davidson off of I-77.

Another suggestion on directions is to take Harris Boulevard to Old Statesville Road (NC 115). That will take you directly into Davidson, though it won’t be the quickest way to get there.

clt can walk to the game.

Does the Fuel Pizza in Davidson serve alcohol?

What about directions coming Southbound I-85 from the Triad? Looks like I need to exit long before Poplar Tent? Correct?

Yes, they do.

Fuel Pizza Beverage Menu

You can take exit 55 (Highway 73). Turn right at the top of the ramp on 73 and take it towards Davidson. You’ll go past Coddle Creek Resevoir, and past Poplar Tent. Once you go past Poplar Tent, it’s as PI said.

Directions to Davidson: Get on I-77 North and follow the scent of money. The scent is strongest at Exit 30, although it is mixed with the odor of dead Canadian goose entrails.

[i]Originally posted by 49CentsWorth[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 10:32 AM [b] What about directions coming Southbound I-85 from the Triad? Looks like I need to exit long before Poplar Tent? Correct? [/b]
49cents, take exit 55 and turn right. That's NC Highway 73.

Thanks Run.

A couple more notes on this. They will be charging to park in their dinky lots, so take some $$. Also, traffic after the game to get out is worse than leaving Halton. Be ready.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Dec 6 2004, 12:41 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Dec 6 2004, 12:41 AM)