Do you approve of the job Dubois is doing?

There is a huge bias in polls like this. This only shows the views of people on NNN, which has become very anti-Dubois due to the name change initiative and doubts about his recommendation of football. So this particular poll is extremely predictable and therefore useless. Right now his approval rating is worse than President Bush percentage-wise, but if he recommends football it will go way up.

Polls about coaches and athletics adminastrators are more valid for this forum.

Sorry, I am a stickler for statistics.

thanks captain obvious :tongue:

we know any poll here is gonna favor the sports minded, and those who wish UNC Charlotte was distanced frmo UNC Chapel Hill.

Dubois has 3 names on NNN…

[B][SIZE=7][COLOR=red]PHIRE [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=7][COLOR=red]PHIL!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
:ticked::cuss:

Are we pretty much stuck with him until he decides to leave?

Are we pretty much stuck with him until he decides to leave?
I don't think the alumni and students have the authority to impeach the chancellor.................. but the BOT can do something.

[QUOTE][SIZE=2][B]With his broad experience, profound appreciation for public higher education, and demonstrated commitment to innovative research and public service, Phil Dubois will be a forceful and effective leader for UNC Charlotte.[/B] – Former UNC System President Molly Corbett Broad, March 18, 2005[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Link: [URL=http://www.northcarolina.edu/content.php/pres/news/releases/pr2005/20050318a.htm][B][U]Dubois Named Chancellor of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte[/U][/B][/URL], northcarolina.edu

Molly was WRONG !!!

This explains a lot… Phil and another Dick.

[IMG]http://www.thisboardrocks.com/forum/images/smilies/barf.gif[/IMG]

Link: Dubois Named Chancellor of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, northcarolina.edu

excellent, I haven’t see the puke smiley in quite some time.

how appropriate

I’m on the fence.

Don’t tell me the blonde is Dubois’ wife?!! Please don’t tell me that. WTF, what
does he have to offer a hottie like that?

Don't tell me the blonde is Dubois' wife?!! Please don't tell me that. WTF, what does he have to offer a hottie like that?

well… a mansion.

Thanks for the clarification 49erTimes… Another in a long line of golddiggers!!!

[SIZE=7][COLOR=darkgreen]Huge disapointment![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[from the first remarks thread]

[SIZE=2]just because I know we’re all bored - the board is getting a bit LAME (repeat topics are getting old…) - and becuase I’m sick of reading about all the pissing and moaning over phil here is my rant…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I know that I am definatley one of the few who believe this - but I believe the Phil is doing a fine job thus far. I have been told that the man definately does his homework and looks heavily into anything and everything before making decisions. That is a good thing - sign of a good leader. I honestly believe that the man is doing everything in his power to do more possitive things for the school and help it retain the national recognition that we all know it deserves and is capable of. The mans got a hell of a job, but he also has a hell of a lot to put up with. He is a first time chancellor of only 3 years now (I do not believe president is the same thing as chancellor…) so he does not have as much pull as we would like sometimes, but he seems to know when to pick his battles. If the man came out tomorrow and added football and changed the name of the school while only having 3 years of experience under his belt, I honestly believe he would get fired - and who wouldnt fire him, of course other than those of us who know that these are two very important milestones that need to be reached for this university to reach the recognition it needs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]He also told a friend of mine that he has getting a law and/or medical school on his agenda before adding football - but that the football issue obviously has arisen with much more force than one would anticipate - but think about it - the man obviously has goals to bring more programs to this university that can bring power and prestige along with them. Not to mention he is dealing with the oh so unfair UNC system. He is obviously putting forth a lot of time and thought into the football issue, trying to determine if it really is the best thing for the school - he isnt letting on to his answer, which I appreciate, because he shouldnt have to until the day the decision is made. I honestly believe we will be kicking off in 2012 and that Phil will be a large part of the reason that is taking place - you just have to let him make sure that he has everything possible to back up his decision, especially if the unthinkable happens and football at Charlotte takes a total flop.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I look at Phil as I look at an incoming player to our basketball (or any other) program (obviously on a much longer timeline) - freshmen year you dont always put up big stats, nor are you the favorite player on the team, but you do your work and know what your goals are - you learn the skills to better yourself in your position. Eventually by your senior year you master it - and this is when you REALLY show big dividends for any heartbreaking losses or mistakes you made a long the way. Phil has a long time to go I feel like - and how his years will be set apart wont be known until the day he retires as chancellor here at the U of Charlotte - but I honestly believe the guy can take us where we want to go. I have a ton of faith in Phil.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]oh and for the record - I will never be caught calling him CHP - the guy doesnt have any affiliations with UNCCH last time I checked outside of the UNC system - and if you honestly think he is here at the school trying to get UNCCH to number 1 where they belong (oh wait, last time I checked, in the real world [I]where most people arent as informed as many of us are about Charlotte[/I] they actually number 1 - I know thats tough to take, but be real with yourselves) then I think you have far underestimated the intellegence and intentions of those who chose chancellor Dubois.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]go ahead and bash me, I know its coming - but I hope a bit of the logic and or faith that I have in the chancellor of the University that you and I both love will rub off on you. Not having faith in your leader makes it a hell of a lot easier to fail.[/SIZE]

I’d be more interested in learning of his accomplishments while at this university.

I don’t know of any…

Well, Zero. Roughly, Dubois has a 35% approval rating (per our informal
poll). Now don’t trash the poll, 'cause if you do, you then insult hardcore
Niner alums, fans, etc. Thirty-five percent approval rating? Sounds
like another “President” I know. The one on Penn. Avenue.

You can forget the law school, zero. The state has too many of those already and would never get approval. Med school… yep, he’s on board with Chapel Hill providing the students on UNC Charlotte’s property.

[from the first remarks thread]

[SIZE=2]just because I know we’re all bored - the board is getting a bit LAME (repeat topics are getting old…) - and becuase I’m sick of reading about all the pissing and moaning over phil here is my rant…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I know that I am definatley one of the few who believe this - but I believe the Phil is doing a fine job thus far. I have been told that the man definately does his homework and looks heavily into anything and everything before making decisions. That is a good thing - sign of a good leader. I honestly believe that the man is doing everything in his power to do more possitive things for the school and help it retain the national recognition that we all know it deserves and is capable of. The mans got a hell of a job, but he also has a hell of a lot to put up with. He is a first time chancellor of only 3 years now (I do not believe president is the same thing as chancellor…) so he does not have as much pull as we would like sometimes, but he seems to know when to pick his battles. If the man came out tomorrow and added football and changed the name of the school while only having 3 years of experience under his belt, I honestly believe he would get fired - and who wouldnt fire him, of course other than those of us who know that these are two very important milestones that need to be reached for this university to reach the recognition it needs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]He also told a friend of mine that he has getting a law and/or medical school on his agenda before adding football - but that the football issue obviously has arisen with much more force than one would anticipate - but think about it - the man obviously has goals to bring more programs to this university that can bring power and prestige along with them. Not to mention he is dealing with the oh so unfair UNC system. He is obviously putting forth a lot of time and thought into the football issue, trying to determine if it really is the best thing for the school - he isnt letting on to his answer, which I appreciate, because he shouldnt have to until the day the decision is made. I honestly believe we will be kicking off in 2012 and that Phil will be a large part of the reason that is taking place - you just have to let him make sure that he has everything possible to back up his decision, especially if the unthinkable happens and football at Charlotte takes a total flop.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I look at Phil as I look at an incoming player to our basketball (or any other) program (obviously on a much longer timeline) - freshmen year you dont always put up big stats, nor are you the favorite player on the team, but you do your work and know what your goals are - you learn the skills to better yourself in your position. Eventually by your senior year you master it - and this is when you REALLY show big dividends for any heartbreaking losses or mistakes you made a long the way. Phil has a long time to go I feel like - and how his years will be set apart wont be known until the day he retires as chancellor here at the U of Charlotte - but I honestly believe the guy can take us where we want to go. I have a ton of faith in Phil.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]oh and for the record - I will never be caught calling him CHP - the guy doesnt have any affiliations with UNCCH last time I checked outside of the UNC system - and if you honestly think he is here at the school trying to get UNCCH to number 1 where they belong (oh wait, last time I checked, in the real world where most people arent as informed as many of us are about Charlotte they actually number 1 - I know thats tough to take, but be real with yourselves) then I think you have far underestimated the intellegence and intentions of those who chose chancellor Dubois.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]go ahead and bash me, I know its coming - but I hope a bit of the logic and or faith that I have in the chancellor of the University that you and I both love will rub off on you. Not having faith in your leader makes it a hell of a lot easier to fail.[/SIZE]

I would say to you, good leaders listen to experts around them and are open to others’ ideas. You honestly think Dubois does that? No way.

I have heard from a couple people now “we will kick off in 2012 and Dubois deserves credit”…no he doesn’t. He is furious this is on his plate. 100% annoyed.

I can respect the name change difference of opinion. But when sends emails comparing us to NC School of the Arts, I begin to question his judgement. Everyone in NC thinks they are a magnet high school for ballet dancers…they probably DID NEED the name change to UNC. We aren’t percieved as a high school…yet.

In general the way he conducts himself is snooty and smarty pants, if not hyper. There is not calm presence to him- where you shutter when he walks into a room- like a Jerry Richardson or even Jim Woodward. And his emails to various alum border on jerkish and adolescent.

My biggest beef with Dubois is that he lacks an ability to motivate the alumni.

Instead of saying, “I want to do football, and even though it will be hard I will do all I can because I know the alumni will follow with me.”

He says, “Our alumni have a past history of not donating enough…”

Good leaders instill confidence and will push the limits, Dubois is happy with the status quo.

I also agree with metro’s comment that when Dubois walks in the room, no one really notices him walking in the room.