Don't Live Near An Airport, Idiot!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Red-Wings-could-be-fined-for-breaking-San-Jose-c?urn=nhl,237605

A curfew to go to sleep? Don’t live near the damn airport, a55hole! Stupid SJ City Council.

Some of the SJ fans are saying $2,500 is nothing to a NHL team. While that’s true, it’s the principle of it! And it’s the San Jose Sharks fault Detroit had to play so fast because the idiots booked their own building this weekend for an Eagles concert both nights. Way to expect your team to lose in the 1st Rd. Let the Sharks pay it.

I can now tell a thread is started by SCK just by the title. I think I spend too much time on here.

Just what I was thinking. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I opened the thread, I figured SCK had started it.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:1, topic:23178”]http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Red-Wings-could-be-fined-for-breaking-San-Jose-c?urn=nhl,237605

A curfew to go to sleep? Don’t live near the damn airport, a55hole! Stupid SJ City Council.

Some of the SJ fans are saying $2,500 is nothing to a NHL team. While that’s true, it’s the principle of it! And it’s the San Jose Sharks fault Detroit had to play so fast because the idiots booked their own building this weekend for an Eagles concert both nights. Way to expect your team to lose in the 1st Rd. Let the Sharks pay it.[/quote]

Apparently you haven’t been to the San Jose area. Everything is around the airport. It’s a space issue. San Jose is blocked by the Bay and mountains on all sides. And planes taking off have to buzz three cities.

The rents are cheaper, though, in the flight paths…starting at around $1400- $2500 per month in an apartment or townhouse.

That’s why there’s a curfew…they can’t have the land to have craptacular areas around the airport like Charlotte.

Well don’t live there.

Some of us have to live here since we are in the tech field.

What is your point? It’s a damned $2,500 fine for a team with a $55 million payroll. Not that big of a deal.

Land is scarce, and it’s not like the red eye out of San Jose is that busy of a flight.

[quote=“Lew, post:7, topic:23178”]What is your point? It’s a damned $2,500 fine for a team with a $55 million payroll. Not that big of a deal.

Land is scarce, and it’s not like the red eye out of San Jose is that busy of a flight.[/quote]

I didn’t give a rats ass about this thread until I read that … what’s your point? If someone can pay it, who cares? What the hell is that? Ability to pay, does not equal fairness. I am not talking at all about this thread, the fine, or anything related – just your ignoramus (imo) comment about ~“it’s a 2500 fine for a team thats loaded” - who cares if they are loaded? That’s like saying, “they are driving a nice car, who cares if the police fuck with them for no good reason?” Not applicable. All humans are (should) be equal in the eyes of the law.

All of that rant behind me … I hope you were being facetious.

Moose

I would’ve known with 100% certainty it was an SCK thread if it had been titled “Don’t Live Near An Airport, Dumba55!” As presented, I was only 99% certain that it was another SCK rant.

[quote=“C49erMoose, post:8, topic:23178”][quote=“Lew, post:7, topic:23178”]What is your point? It’s a damned $2,500 fine for a team with a $55 million payroll. Not that big of a deal.

Land is scarce, and it’s not like the red eye out of San Jose is that busy of a flight.[/quote]

I didn’t give a rats ass about this thread until I read that … what’s your point? If someone can pay it, who cares? What the hell is that? Ability to pay, does not equal fairness. I am not talking at all about this thread, the fine, or anything related – just your ignoramus (imo) comment about ~“it’s a 2500 fine for a team thats loaded” - who cares if they are loaded? That’s like saying, “they are driving a nice car, who cares if the police f*** with them for no good reason?” Not applicable. All humans are (should) be equal in the eyes of the law.

Moose[/quote]

Dammit moose, this is NNN, keep your god forsaken logic away

Also, what if the Coyotes had won? They might have been able to pay it.

stop being sardonic…

[quote=“C49erMoose, post:8, topic:23178”][quote=“Lew, post:7, topic:23178”]What is your point? It’s a damned $2,500 fine for a team with a $55 million payroll. Not that big of a deal.

I didn’t give a rats ass about this thread until I read that … what’s your point? If someone can pay it, who cares? What the hell is that? Ability to pay, does not equal fairness. I am not talking at all about this thread, the fine, or anything related – just your ignoramus (imo) comment about ~“it’s a 2500 fine for a team thats loaded” - who cares if they are loaded? That’s like saying, “they are driving a nice car, who cares if the police f*** with them for no good reason?” Not applicable. All humans are (should) be equal in the eyes of the law.

Moose[/quote]

OK, it is a $2,500 fine for breaking the law… a law that you would have to own a private or commercial jet in order to break.

Therefore, I believe it would be a safe assumption that this law only applies to corporations or individuals who could afford to pay a $2,500 fine for breaking said law with little long-term consequence.

Nobody is fucking with the Red Wings for no good reason. The law states that no planes shall take off or land from San Jose’s airport between 12:30 and 6:30 am, or they shall pay a $2,500 fine.

I don’t see how this law is unfair. Or, maybe I’m just on their side because I live next door to an airport and it got really loud when some of these planes take off at 3:00 am. The airport curfew was one of the best things that ever happened to our neighborhood.

[quote=“Lew, post:13, topic:23178”][quote=“C49erMoose, post:8, topic:23178”][quote=“Lew, post:7, topic:23178”]What is your point? It’s a damned $2,500 fine for a team with a $55 million payroll. Not that big of a deal.

Moose[/quote]

OK, it is a $2,500 fine for breaking the law… a law that you would have to own a private or commercial jet in order to break.

Therefore, I believe it would be a safe assumption that this law only applies to corporations or individuals who could afford to pay a $2,500 fine for breaking said law with little long-term consequence.

Nobody is f***ing with the Red Wings for no good reason. The law states that no planes shall take off or land from San Jose’s airport between 12:30 and 6:30 am, or they shall pay a $2,500 fine.

I don’t see how this law is unfair. Or, maybe I’m just on their side because I live next door to an airport and it got really loud when some of these planes take off at 3:00 am. The airport curfew was one of the best things that ever happened to our neighborhood.[/quote]

Lew I don’t think his point had anything to do with the curfew! Just simply the idea that because someone has more money they should not get to complain about a fine, not at all a statement that the fine was absurd or unneeded.

Ok, maybe you should read my post again, because you obviously missed the point.

Nobody is f***ing with the Red Wings for no good reason. The law states that no planes shall take off or land from San Jose's airport between 12:30 and 6:30 am, or they shall pay a $2,500 fine.

I agree, it wasn’t a targetted thing. No argument there.

I don't see how this law is unfair. Or, maybe I'm just on their side because I live next door to an airport and it got really loud when some of these planes take off at 3:00 am. The airport curfew was one of the best things that ever happened to our neighborhood.

Again, no argument. This, is yet again, why I didn’t care about this thread prior to your post.

OK, it is a $2,500 fine for breaking the law... a law that you would have to own a private or commercial jet in order to break.

THIS.

This is why I started caring. What a load of s*** man - ability to pay does not imply fairness. You sound like one of those people who says, “f*** 'em, they make a million dollars a year, they can afford to pay for …”
If the law is fair and the punishment fits the crime, I am ok with it (and notice, I am not arguing here that it does or does not fit the crime). I am simply arguing that people who carelessly charge fines, penalties, taxes, et. al. to people with money, just because they can, is rediculous.

I despise that mentality, as I find it to be totally the opposite of what makes America great.

Beat me to it… thx.

Did someone say Red Wings?

[quote=“J Felt, post:17, topic:23178”]

Did someone say Red Wings?[/quote]

I delcare ye the threadwinner.

[quote=“C49erMoose, post:15, topic:23178”]Ok, maybe you should read my post again, because you obviously missed the point.

Nobody is f***ing with the Red Wings for no good reason. The law states that no planes shall take off or land from San Jose's airport between 12:30 and 6:30 am, or they shall pay a $2,500 fine.

I agree, it wasn’t a targetted thing. No argument there.

I don't see how this law is unfair. Or, maybe I'm just on their side because I live next door to an airport and it got really loud when some of these planes take off at 3:00 am. The airport curfew was one of the best things that ever happened to our neighborhood.

Again, no argument. This, is yet again, why I didn’t care about this thread prior to your post.

OK, it is a $2,500 fine for breaking the law... a law that you would have to own a private or commercial jet in order to break.

THIS.

This is why I started caring. What a load of s*** man - ability to pay does not imply fairness. You sound like one of those people who says, “f*** 'em, they make a million dollars a year, they can afford to pay for …”
If the law is fair and the punishment fits the crime, I am ok with it (and notice, I am not arguing here that it does or does not fit the crime). I am simply arguing that people who carelessly charge fines, penalties, taxes, et. al. to people with money, just because they can, is rediculous.

I despise that mentality, as I find it to be totally the opposite of what makes America great.[/quote]

…I don’t understand what you are arguing then, other than just for the sake of arguing.

Who the hell is carelessly charging fines, penatlies, taxes, et al just because they can? The law states explicitly when the airport is closed, and also states a fixed fine for breaking the law. The reason I bring up the amount of revenue made by those capable of breaking this law is simple: $2,500 may seem like a hefty fine to you and me, but to them it is really nothing.

I counter that with the Penguins