doo doo to hit the fan

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/UNCC-students-hope-petition-increases-campus-security-180229541.html

100 people, yowzas.

Newsworthy.

They had a point… then they put an orange in the basket.

They really do need more foot patrol by police. Thinking back when I went to school or times I’ve walked to my car across campus after a late game, I never saw cops.

I guess the blue lights are sufficient instead of po po.

I get out of class at 8:45 on Thursdays and there is never any security to be seen. They should have foot patrol during any time classes are being held. That being said, students show their complete ignorance with stupid statements somehow linking lack of funds to fielding a football team.

#fillinthestadiumandaddpigsNOW

100 votes for security in 2012 = 0.3% of student population

39% of students voted in 2007, 79% of them in favor of football fees = 30% of student population.

Let me know when you get 8000 more signatures then we can talk about student fees.

Here’s the petition, complete with hyphenated university name and old logo.

Campus security is actually a big problem, but it was dumb of them to call out football because now people are fighting against an otherwise logical cause.

yup

Patrick Tobin must be a fucktard to try to link his dislike of having to help fund the stadium with an important issue like campus safety. Obvious media whoring is obvious.

this guy has a point that the school could use more security, but if he wants to include the stadium funding like its a bad thing then I will not sign his petition. Those are two completely different issues. We need both to make this school a better place.

These idiots don’t think a “potential maybe rape” is enough to get attention for their cause, so they whore themselves by blaming the most popular thing on campus to draw more attention.

I am all for campus security, but now I want this clown to have to sell $5 million worth of FSLs (Forty-Niner Safety Licenses) before anyone takes him seriously.

clt says the campus is safe.

We should have more police for the football stadium.

Foot patrol won’t do much at night. You want the officers to be visible.

I might have considered signing this petition if they had left this portion out:

This is an upgrade that could easily be considered a far better reason for tuition hikes than to pay off $40.5 million in debt borrowed for athletics.

No need to mention football.

I don’t get it. When I was in school we were paying to the student union, guys before me paid for SAC. We never felt like we could really do anything about it. I never saw petitions for stuff to re-appropriate money from student union towards.

I’m going to create a petition to remove the waterless urinals from the Union. Those things are gross.