Doyel Article: Memphis Deserves Bid

Memphis Deserves Bid !!!

[b]do the right thing and give memphis an invite[/b]

they don’t deserve an invite because they don’t WIN if they would have beaten some more teams they would get an invite but since they SUCK they will be enjoying the NIT

If Calamari and the boyz have a credit card and a computer internet ready. They can sign up with Ebay and have more than one “bid”. :stuck_out_tongue:

A team is judged on their whole season. Today was the first time I cheered against a C-USA team getting an invite to the tourney. I digress, too many losses, and an RPI of >100 is an automatic out. Even by the past RPI formula they would be in the 90’s. We can all agree that they have the talent to be dancing, but they do not deserve that. If the roles were reversed and Charlotte had their resume, I would still say they have to be NIT bound.

What a weak article. Doyel says the committe needs to look beyond the RPI and the 15 losses. But then all he offers in defense of the Tigers is that they beat Louisville and Charlotte and have “reinvented themselves”. Puhlease. That’s weak.

Doyel must be a Memphis staffer …who works part time as a free lancer at the local paper. Its obvious he isnt a journalist.

PC got it right. If you looked at today only, Memphis is in and we are out. but bids are based on the whole season and I do not think they make it.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Mar 12 2005, 04:29 PM [b] A team is judged on their whole season. Today was the first time I cheered against a C-USA team getting an invite to the tourney. I digress, too many losses, and an RPI of >100 is an automatic out. Even by the past RPI formula they would be in the 90's. We can all agree that they have the talent to be dancing, but they do not deserve that. If the roles were reversed and Charlotte had their resume, I would still say they have to be NIT bound. [/b]
And I was thinking this whole time that NC State was headed to the tournament and Wake was NIT bound