Doyel on the GW bandwagon

First he picks the Colonials #11 in his preseason top 25 and now this! Guess the GW gang can’t complain about all the sportswriters… :rolleyes:

Sportsline.com: Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together?

I don’t have any problem with GW being considered the front-runner. They return most of their team and we’re new to the mix. As usual, we’ll have to prove we deserve the top billing.

Nice write up on their program.

Remember when we played them about 4 years ago in DC. Was able to travel up to the game.

I am not offended by this. GW is going to be tough. They beat us two years ago (yes it was without Withers) in Halton. I believe we can and will win the A-10 but we can’t expect this to be cake walk.

i dont care how much some people on espn say we are, but GW is the A-10 favorite…they know how to play in the A-10, and win…not only are we in a new conferance, we’re gonna be playing in arena’s way differant then CUSA, plus everyone’s out for us, you know there are teams that they could lose every conferance game yet be the only team to beat us, and be happy…

besides xavier, GW, st joes, and maybe temple and dayton, the rest of the A-10 are made up of schools that either no one has every heard of, or cares about…but can beat you if you are not prepared…hope Lutz has the boys ready for it

i have a feeling the A-10 championship game will be us and GW, but we won’t be the top seed going in…

but of course we’ll win B)

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 12:48 PM [b] i have a feeling the A-10 championship game will be us and GW, but we won't be the top seed going in......

[/b]

I agree…we never do it the easy way haha.

GW has a great team this year, and I know it may be unpopular to say this given that Duke is supposed to win every game by 70 points this year, but GW is definately a contender for the national title.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Aug 11 2005, 11:11 AM [b] I am not offended by this. GW is going to be tough. They beat us two years ago (yes it was without Withers) in Halton. I believe we can and will win the A-10 but we can't expect this to be cake walk. [/b]
I'm not offended and meant the thread starter to taken tongue in cheek. As far as I'm concerned, GW is the team to beat and that's who Charlotte will be shooting for in 05-06. Other challengers the Niners and Colonials will be Dayton, UMass, St. Joe's, Temple, and Xavier.

I expect Fordham and Rhode Island will probably give most teams fits. Richmond has lost too much (and keeps losing players in the off-season, not to mention the coaching change) to be a factor and Saint Louis may be in the same boat. Bona and Duquesne will bring up the bottom. Only team I can’t really peg is LaSalle. They’ve got a stud in Steven Smith, but not sure what else. The Explorers finished 04-05 strong, so I don’t expect they will be a pushover as they get more accustomed to their coach.

Anyway, should be an exciting inaugural season in the A-10.