Doyel on Travis Ford of UMass

Sportsline.com: Ford finding his groove in Amherst

Doyel mentions that Ford has already signed PG Chris Lowe, a one-time Niner target. According to other reports, the Minutemen will also sign 2nd team All-American JUCO G James Life of Manatee JC (Florida). Apparently Ford had recruited Life while still HC at Eastern Kentucky, but Life decided to verbal with Utah State of the WAC. With Ford’s hiring by UMass, Life changed his mind and is headed to Amherst.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Apr 20 2005, 03:42 PM [b] Sportsline.com: [url=http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/8403471]Ford finding his groove in Amherst[/url]

Doyel mentions that Ford has already signed PG Chris Lowe, a one-time Niner target. According to other reports, the Minutemen will also sign 2nd team All-American JUCO G James Life of Manatee JC (Florida). Apparently Ford had recruited Life while still HC at Eastern Kentucky, but Life decided to verbal with Utah State of the WAC. With Ford’s hiring by UMass, Life changed his mind and is headed to Amherst. [/b]

I’m tellin y’all, UMass will be trouble in a couple years. Ford’s gonna bring in Pitino’s full court press and pull up 3’s all the time.

1980, I don’t think we’re going to have to wait a couple of years to have trouble with UMass. The Minutemen are going to be trouble next season with A-10 POY candidate Rashaun Freeman – all 6-9 and 255 lbs. of him! If the Niners come out of Amherst with a W in 2005-06, then I’ll consider it a well earned victory.

I really like this guy. I watched him coach Eastern Kentucky this year in the NCAA"s and they played very tough and hard against the Kentucky Wildcats. He will do great things at UMASS.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Apr 20 2005, 04:33 PM [b] The Minutemen are going to be trouble next season with A-10 POY candidate Rashaun Freeman -- all 6-9 and 255 lbs. of him! [/b]
Have no fear. We'll put Iti on him.

:rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Apr 20 2005, 11:18 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Apr 20 2005, 11:18 PM)

Another piece on Ford in the UMass student newspaper:

Travis Ford looking for help from student body

Interesting line from that piece…

[b]After nearly a decade of mediocrity, however, it's difficult to find an undergraduate on this campus who can differentiate Maurice Maxwell from [b]Cedric Maxwell[/b].[/b]