Draft Question

I’m getting ready to pick my 2nd and 3rd round picks

With the first pick I got Peyton Manning- Big Score
I play in a touchdown league- 6pts
Rushing and Receiving Yds- 20 yds per point
I start 2 RB and 3 WR

Here are my choices and I can take two- What two would you take?

Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Edgerrin James
Jamaal Lewis
Domanick Davis
Clinton Portis

lewis isn’t a good choice because he will be out for the first few games of the season from what i heard…portis doesn’t play well in the redskins style of offense…Harrison always has good seasons as long as peyton is his QB…and Moss is finally in a system where he can make a lot of better plays…TO if you are looking for short gains and about 13 touch downs…jamal lewis has also been in jail for a while so he hasn’t been able to deal with the ravens coaches and what not

I’d go Moss and Portis. Portis gets a ton of carries in the Redskin’s system. That will mean tons of yardage. Moss like mentioned earlier will be in an aerial system with another guy across from him (Jerry Porter) who is also a burner. The only knock on Harrison is that he plays with 2 other very good recievers and Edge. The knock on TO is his attitude and is vulnerability (it’s been 3 years since his last full season). The knock on Edge is the instability of his role with the Colts (rumors about him being moved).

this is a very easy reponse.

pick whichever 2 RB’s you feel are the best. DD+James (if you don’t mind having a QB/RB on the same team) or DD+Portis (I’m not a huge Lewis fan).

Moss?! who knows how he will play in Oakland under a new system with a QB (that isn’t nearly as good as culpepper). Harrison i’ld stay away from as Manning finally started realizing his other receivers could catch too. TO, if he’ld just showed up at camp, and quit posturing 1yr into his contract for a new one, i woulda gone with him, but in his current situation, I wouldn’t touch him.

Not to mention you can find solid/producing WRs through all rounds of the draft, while solid/producing/starting/stud RBs aren’t around past the 3rd round. And given you need 2, you better get them while you can.

What pick did you have in the first round?! How many teams, 10?! If you can get Manning + DD + any of those other RBs in your first 3 picks… other people in your league have no idea what they are doing.

We have 8 teams and I picked first.

I have to pick tomorrow and I’m leaning towards DD and Edge

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Jun 30 2005, 09:46 PM [b] We have 8 teams and I picked first.

I have to pick tomorrow and I’m leaning towards DD and Edge [/b]

i’ve never played with any less than 10. 8 seems mighty small. makes drafting less important as there are tons of players to go around. that said, i’ld still say 2RB’s is definately the way to go with your 2nd/3rd round pick. the most important aspect of your season will be weekly roster decisions (given the WW will have viable starting options).