DuBois on cover of Greater Charlotte Biz

GreaterCharlotteBiz.com: UNC Charlotte’s New Chancellor is Resolute in His Commitment to Excellence

FYI, you can’t see it on the online photo due to cropping, but in the print version I’m looking at, DuBois is wearing a prominent Niners pickaxe lapel pin!

GO NINERS!

Speaking of hte Business Journal… Judy Rose was in the Women in Business edition. Interesting notes from the article:

There are plans for a $1 - $2 million hall of champions display at Halton Arena, a $600,000 short game golf center at Rocky River Golf Club, and $4 million worth of renovations to the baseball stadium.

The Hall of Champions should be pretty sweet.

[b]The Hall of Champions should be pretty sweet.[/b]

What’d be sweet is an f’n championship in there. I’m not talking about an A-10 Champion either. You feel that Withers and De’Angelo?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jul 26 2005, 08:12 PM [b] What'd be sweet is an f'n championship in there. I'm not talking about an A-10 Champion either. You feel that Withers and De'Angelo? [/b]
Quote-worthy. Mind if I sig it NLP? (with proper cite)

Can’t find the print version of the Charlotte Business Journal in the office and they don’t post those special sections on their website. Anyway, about time on the Hall of Champions and baseball stadium renovations!

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jul 27 2005, 11:37 AM [b] Anyway, about time on the Hall of Champions and baseball stadium renovations! [/b]
Wonder if Metro knows anything about this? :lol:

NA, sig away.

What does $4 million buy for baseball renovations?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jul 27 2005, 12:58 PM [b] NA, sig away.

[/b]

Gracias.

[b]What does $4 million buy for baseball renovations?[/b]

A 40’ tall bronze statue of metro?

[b]
[b]What does $4 million buy for baseball renovations?[/b]

A 40’ tall bronze statue of metro? [/b]

Actually it’s a 20’ statue of Metro, holding hands with a 20’ statue of Judy Rose.

:stuck_out_tongue:

[b]QUOTE QUOTE What does $4 million buy for baseball renovations?

A 40’ tall bronze statue of metro?

Actually it’s a 20’ statue of Metro, holding hands with a 20’ statue of Judy Rose.

[/b]

Things that will never get the ok…

Why do we need baseball renovations anyway…

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Jul 27 2005, 01:41 PM [b] Why do we need baseball renovations anyway.... [/b]
I'd say so...

Tom and Lib Phillips Field

some shade over the bleachers would be nice.

Instead of having bleachers, try having seats and as MMF said, some shade would be nice.