Duquesne post-WTHJH! stats, game stories, etc.

[font=verdana]StatSheet.com: Duquesne 83, Charlotte 77[/font]

[font=verdana]Charlotte49ers.com: 49ers Knocked Off By Duquesne, 83-77[/font]

Official Basketball Box Score: Duquesne vs Charlotte

CharlotteObserver.com: 49ers’ tourney hopes nicked

The Gold Mine: Observations from Wednesday’s loss to Duquesne

[font=verdana]GoDuquesne.com: Dukes Knock Off Charlotte, 83-77[/font]

Pittsburghlive.com: Duquesne holds on for upset of Charlotte

Post-Gazette.com: Monteiro gets 19, Duquesne upsets Charlotte, 83-77

Duquesne at Charlotte 2/17/10 - LIVE GAMEDAY THREAD

ESPN.com: Duquesne 83, Charlotte 77

BTW, when is the O going to do the “A10 Should Send 6 Teams to NCAA” promotional article like they did for the acc in Wednesday’s paper? I’m not complaining. I’m just asking.

From the GoDuquesne.com game recap:

[url=http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/williams_morakinyo00.html]Morakinyo Williams[/url], who [b]set new career highs with eight points and nine rebounds[/b], scored on a dunk and short jumper to tie it at 45-45 with 14:45 left.

NOTES

• It was the second consecutive game the Dukes erased a double digit deficit to win … DU trailed by 14 in the first half of Sunday’s 103-82 win over La Salle and was down 50-40 with 16:49 left at Charlotte.

• The win was Duquesne’s first in a North Carolina school’s arena since a 53-33 win at NC State on Jan. 14, 1937 … DU had lost 14 in a row - including three at Charlotte - in Tar Heel State gyms.

• The Dukes assisted on 22 of 30 field goals in the win … over the past two games the Dukes have 45 assists and 23 turnovers and have assisted on 45 of 63 field goals (71.4%).

• Duquesne, which entered Sunday’s game vs. La Salle averaging 67.5 ppg. has scored 186 points in its past two games (93.0 ppg.).

And more game observations from Colin Dunlap of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, as well as another game story written by Stan Olson:

Post-Gazette.com: Duquesne 83, Charlotte 77: A Look Back

Dukes swipe unexpected road victory

BTW, why does it seem Jim is limited to providing 3 observations per game for The Gold Mine blog? Dunlap had 18 in his piece and Tom Timmerman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch never seems to be handcuffed on his post-game observations of Billikens’ games. Just wondering…

"[url=http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10049/1036751-135.stm]Dukes swipe [b]unexpected[/b] road victory[/url]"

That headline says it all.

[quote=“run49er, post:3, topic:22467”]And more game observations from Colin Dunlap of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, as well as another game story written by Stan Olson:

Post-Gazette.com: Duquesne 83, Charlotte 77: A Look Back

Dukes swipe unexpected road victory[/quote]So, the Pittsburg paper did 2 articles for DUKE-ANE ???

BTW, I enjoyed Stan’s article. I’m glad the Pittsburg paper recognizes and appreciates good “writesmanship”.

BTW, why does it seem Jim is limited to providing 3 observations per game for The Gold Mine blog? Dunlap had 18 in his piece and Tom Timmerman of the [i]St. Louis Post-Dispatch[/i] never seems to be handcuffed on his post-game observations of Billikens' games. Just wondering...
Either Jim's hands are tied or is is not very observant.

Actually, more like 4 from the Post-Gazette - 2 post-game stories (though one was AP, so technically not a P-G piece), the observations, and the in-game blog (the comment about Lutz looking like a NASCAR driver was funny, IMHO; comments about Ian and Jethro Tull not cute anymore, though).

[BTW, the P-G just started the Duquesne blog this season and I’d say it’s probably already up there at the top when comparing the newspaper-related ones. Dunlap even includes audio and video on the site.]

Then you had an article in the Tribune-Review as well.

I figure it's the former since it's consistently been 3 observations per game.

Actually, more like 4 from the Post-Gazette - 2 post-game stories (though one was AP, so technically not a P-G piece), the observations, and the in-game blog (the comment about Lutz looking like a NASCAR driver was funny, IMHO; comments about Ian and Jethro Tull not cute anymore, though).

[BTW, the P-G just started the Duquesne blog this season and I’d say it’s probably already up there at the top when comparing the newspaper-related ones. Dunlap even includes audio and video on the site.]

Then you had an article in the Tribune-Review as well.

I figure it's the former since it's consistently been 3 observations per game.[/quote]Oh, I agree. I was trying to appear non-accusational.

Of course, I go back and re-read Jim’s observations from last night’s game and realize I’m wrong - he had FOUR instead of three!

Anyway, did enjoy reading Stan’s game piece, though would have enjoyed it even more with a different outcome! Just one thing, though - Stan wrote that the Dukes had won 5 of 8 after a dismal start, but went back and saw that they began the season 9-4. More like a dismal middle!