Duquesne's Shawn James unlikely to play tomorrow

Has a muscle tear from the Charlotte game on Sunday.

[URL=http://goduquesne.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030408aac.html][B][U]James Diagnosed with Shoulder Injury[/U][/B][/URL], GoDuquesne.com

That’s too bad. Guy in the section next to me (Dukes fan) was calling for an intentional foul just because he was injured. It wasn’t intentional as Coley almost had a good block from behind. Either way, I hope he heals quickly. He is a great player with a bright future.

That's too bad. Guy in the section next to me (Dukes fan) was calling for an intentional foul just because he was injured. It wasn't intentional as Coley almost had a good block from behind. Either way, I hope he heals quickly. He is a great player with a bright future.

Duquesne is one of those teams that I can’t help but like. So I am really disappointed that James is hurt. I hope he recovers quickly!

Wow. That play did not look as rough as one of the fouls we had when #25 hit the deck hard after contact. The thump from that landing hurt me.

You could tell James was injured when he got up from his spill, but I never thought it was going to be that serious.

[QUOTE=X-49er;301448]Wow. That play did not look as rough as one of the fouls we had when #25 hit the deck hard after contact. The thump from that landing hurt me.

You could tell James was injured when he got up from his spill, but I never thought it was going to be that serious.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t think it was that serious either. I mean, he got up and shot the foul shots! And it really was almost a block by Coley, its just weird to tear a muscle that way.

Hope he gets better soon, he has some talent.

[QUOTE=Iron9er;301518]

Hope he gets better soon, he has some talent.[/QUOTE]

Some talent? The guy has NBA Talent, as a sidenote I read on the Duquesne blog (http://www.dukescourt.blogspot.com/) that this might actually be a blessing in disguise. The good they can take from this is that this may assure he will come back for a senior season rather than declaring for the draft.

Wow. He’s good. But, he better stay in school. Based on what I’ve seen, he’s got a ways to go.

Some talent? The guy has NBA Talent, as a sidenote I read on the Duquesne blog ([URL]http://www.dukescourt.blogspot.com/[/URL]) that this might actually be a blessing in disguise. The good they can take from this is that this may assure he will come back for a senior season rather than declaring for the draft.
He didn't look impressive at all versus us, even before he got injured.

The first or second play of the game, he was guarding Leemire and he got juked out of his shoes for a three in his face, iirc. For how much we got blocked versus Temple, I was expecting much more from Duquesne.

[QUOTE=eason49;301570]He didn’t look impressive at all versus us, even before he got injured.[/QUOTE]
We’ve done a pretty good job with notable players this season – Randal Falker, Ahmad Nivins, Kevin Lisch, and Shawn James all come to mind. Heck, I can remember some Marquette player who didn’t have a very good game in Halton a few years back. I’m trying to remember his name – oh yea, Dwayne Wade! :rolleyes:

Seriously, the NBA scouts have been watching James since his freshman season at Northeastern. He definitely needs to come back for his senior season and a few extra pounds wouldn’t hurt as well! :tongue: If not for the year off between schools, as well as the rehab following the Duquesne shooting back in 2006, he’d be in his senior season at NU having already broken the all time record for blocks in men’s D-I hoops.

BTW, here’s the latest on another player who’s been hurt since playing the Niners in Charlotte – Xavier’s Drew Lavender:

Cincinnati.com: New twist to ankle rehab

[QUOTE=run49er;301575]We’ve done a pretty good job with notable players this season – Randal Falker, Ahmad Nivins, Kevin Lisch, and Shawn James all come to mind. Heck, I can remember some Marquette player who didn’t have a very good game in Halton a few years back. I’m trying to remember his name – oh yea, Dwayne Wade! :rolleyes:

Seriously, the NBA scouts have been watching James since his freshman season at Northeastern. He definitely needs to come back for his senior season and a few extra pounds wouldn’t hurt as well! :tongue: If not for the year off between schools, as well as the rehab following the Duquesne shooting back in 2006, he’d be in his senior season at NU having already broken the all time record for blocks in men’s D-I hoops.

BTW, here’s the latest on another player who’s been hurt since playing the Niners in Charlotte – Xavier’s Drew Lavender:

Cincinnati.com: New twist to ankle rehab[/QUOTE]

lol we’re settting ourself up for the A-10 tournament :lol:, j/k