Durand Johnson 2011 G/F

apparently we have offered 6’6" small forward durand johnson out of baltimore. he is a two star on scout and unranked on rivals. he seems to have offers from us and a bunch of other a10 schools, including xavier, as well as a bunch of low and mid major schools. he seems to be a backup choice as i cannot imagine that he is near the top of our wish list with only one scholarship to give.

Rivals.com: Durand Johnson profile

Scout.com: Durand Johnson profile

Capitolhoops.com: CHARLIE WEBER REPORT DAY ONE

MoSports.com: Drummond shines brightest on Wednesday [NOTE: blurbs on Johnson under “Other Notable Performances” and “School Lists/Recruiting News”]

NBEBasketball.com: MONDAY RECRUITING NOTEBOOK: WAVERLY AUSTIN, DURAND JOHNSON, ROD DAYS CHECK IN

Youtube.com: Durand “Pee Wee” Johnson 6’7 Guard vs. DeMatha

he sounds like he is about to blow up and we got on him early. also, it sounds like he would fill the role of a better ian with his shooting ability.

This coming season, Johnson is taking his game to Lake Clifton High School as a member of the 2011 recruiting class, which will up his stock tremendously.

per rivals.com

[QUOTE] Durand Johnson, a 2011 wing prospect, is transferring to Baltimore Lake Clifton High School. Plenty of coaches will be watching 2010 elite prospect Josh Selby play at Lake Clifton, but those schools and others will also have their eyes on Johnson, who has been racking up offers. He has informed Rivals.com that Pittsburgh, Seton Hall and Xavier are the latest schools to offer, joining Charlotte, Delaware, Drexel, George Washington, Houston, Rhode Island and Temple.[/QUOTE]

Plays at Lake Clifton in Baltimore, MD. 6’6, 190 lbs.

Rivals - UCONN, FSU and Pitt all listed with high interest and offers from FSU & Pitt. We’re medium interest w/ an offer.

Scout - 3 star

ESPN - no profile

http://www.i95ballerz.com/story%20-%20cecil%20kirk%20churning%20them.html

Though he hasn't committed yet, the next Cecil Kirk guy to play Division I ball will be Durand Johnson, a 6'6" swingman that boasts offers from Pitt, Va Tech, South Florida, Seton Hall and FSU, per Lewis. Expect that list to multiply, as Johnson will attend prep school next year at Notre Dame Prep.

nice discussion…

[quote=“Newton21, post:8, topic:21615”]nice discussion…[/quote]it was, but hadn’t looked like Durand has been interested in us in quite some time. Now that the crew that was recruiting him is gone, I’m going to saw our chances are slim to none.

If he’s back in the picture, I’m interested.

If he’s back in the picture, I’m interested.[/quote]oh, me too. Sorry if that came across the wrong way. Durand is exactly what our program needs at the SF spot.

Va Tech was after Durand, hoping Odom was his recruiter…

I’m in a rush leaving work, but I just saw on the latest rankings released we are still listed with him. Can’t remember if it was scout or Rivals, pretty much bumping this for Moss if he wants to update his rankings.

Somebody please give Moss full control over the recruiting stickies, he is on top of the guys we are after it would be nice if he could edit blh’s posts and start something similar.

Somebody please give Moss full control over the recruiting stickies, he is on top of the guys we are after it would be nice if he could edit blh’s posts and start something similar.[/quote]

2nded

Durand would be great, not sure if we’re after him right now.

ranked #116 in the latest Rivals top 150

Per Zagoria, commits to Pitt.

I figured you would bump this up. I don’t think we’ve been in the game for a while on him, though I wish we were. He’s a big time talent.