E. Victor Nickerson requests release from Charlotte

The best response to something you don’t like is to continually engage in discussion with it.

did he just try to quote himself for truth in the same post

if that’s not an auto-ban, i don’t know what is.

Deuce in the NBA is beyond a pipe dream. I’m sure he can play “professionally” somewhere, as can just about any halfway decent Division 1 college player. Basketball has gone completely global and at the lower level of pro ball, there is a deep market for American players. I’m sure Deuce was a great kid, and he has great scoring ability. However, he is too small and doesn’t compensate for his lack of size with even above average quickness. If you are small and slow you cant dominate at a high level. He is a liability on defense and struggles to get good looks as was demonstrated in his time here, hence his transferring to a lower level of competition, which was obviously the right decision for him given the accolades he received. The only mystery about Deuce is why we are still talking about him, and why is it in this thread!

Deuce avg 12ppg 43%fg 40%3pt in the A10 his Soph yr at Charlotte. RTC named him A-10 newcomer of the year. Wheres the struggle you speak of. ??? Your statements Sir are clueless. And if your baffled about why we are still talking about him its probably because your still talking about him.

Deuce avg 12ppg 43%fg 40%3pt in the A10 his Soph yr at Charlotte. RTC named him A-10 newcomer of the year. Wheres the struggle you speak of. ??? Your statements Sir are clueless. And if your baffled about why we are still talking about him its probably because your still talking about him.[/quote]

You mean 39.5%FG 35.4%3pt?

Deuce avg 12ppg 43%fg 40%3pt in the A10 his Soph yr at Charlotte. RTC named him A-10 newcomer of the year. Wheres the struggle you speak of. ??? Your statements Sir are clueless. And if your baffled about why we are still talking about him its probably because your still talking about him.[/quote]

You mean 39.5%FG 35.4%3pt?[/quote]

No I mean 43%FG 40%3pt 77%ft 12ppg in A-10 conf play (see 49er site archived media guide)

He always breaks it out to A10 play to make it look better 8) . Whole season? Who needs that?

In 59 career games as a Niner he failed to score in double figures 31 times despite averaging 25+ mpg. He had 15 games in which he scored 5 points or less(since you like percentages that’s 25% of his Niner career) and 7 games in which he scored 2 points or less. His career averages as a Niner: 38% FG, 34% 3FG, 9.8ppg. There are a few clues for you. I suppose we could look at a one game sample and say he averaged 30ppg. To provide some comparison to an NBA player, Stephan Curry played 70 games for Davidson and failed to score double digits 2 times. He failed to score 20 points only 12 times in his college career. I’m pretty bored so totally destroying you in a public forum is a good way to pass the time.

are we still talking about e vic here? surely not. but why not? ???

Sokool also stated in the Miami postgame thread that if Briscoe did not play 25+ minutes a game we would be terrible. I don’t remember the exact numbers but we went 0-3 or 0-4 the next games he played that much. Probably my favorite post ever in my short time as a consistent member.

Because nnn is in masss chaos

In 59 career games as a Niner he failed to score in double figures 31 times despite averaging 25+ mpg. He had 15 games in which he scored 5 points or less(since you like percentages that’s 25% of his Niner career) and 7 games in which he scored 2 points or less. His career averages as a Niner: 38% FG, 34% 3FG, 9.8ppg. There are a few clues for you. I suppose we could look at a one game sample and say he averaged 30ppg. To provide some comparison to an NBA player, Stephan Curry played 70 games for Davidson and failed to score double digits 2 times. He failed to score 20 points only 12 times in his college career. I’m pretty bored so totally destroying you in a public forum is a good way to pass the time.[/quote]

Whole D1 career: Jamar Briscoe … 12.5ppg 38%fg 34%ft 76ft
Lee Goldwire … 13.4ppg 37%fg 35%ft 81ft

Deuce and Lee had virtually the same personal offensive production and efficiency over the course of their careers. So to say one was a good D1 guard and the other was not is just blatant stupidity. Neither struggled against bigger guards or high level competition and both were top notch D1 small guards.

Goldwire is a highlevel pro and Briscoe too.

No guard on this team current or incoming,big or small, has matched the offensive production or total offensive efficiency of Briscoe or Goldwire on this level.

Lets see : Ingram, Henry, Williams, Nickerson, Obeguze, … lol Not even close :))

Deuce and Lee virtually the same offensive production and efficiency over the course of their careers. Neither struggled against bigger guards or high level competition and both were top notch D1 small guards.

No guard on this team current or incoming,big or small, has matched the offensive production or total offensive efficiency of Briscoe or Goldwire on this level.[/quote]

No. NO. This comparison is not happening. No. No.

Can we see the same comparison but exclude their Freshman seasons, you know when Leemire was seeing limited minutes as a freshman on a team that made the NCAA Tournament, spent several weeks ranked… while Deuce spent his freshman season racking up points in garbage time on a team that was ranked in 338th in the RPI out of 343 teams.

Goldwire: 16.2, 38%FG, 35%3FG, 82%FT
Briscoe: 9.6, 37%FG , 34%FG, 75%FT

#1. How the F did we get into a Briscoe convo?
#2. The Steph Curry comp is the dumbest thing ever…
#3. Can we get back to fake wishing E.Vic well at what ever school he ends up at

LOLWUT

This is the thread that never ends…

Deuce and Lee virtually the same offensive production and efficiency over the course of their careers. Neither struggled against bigger guards or high level competition and both were top notch D1 small guards.

No guard on this team current or incoming,big or small, has matched the offensive production or total offensive efficiency of Briscoe or Goldwire on this level.[/quote]

No. NO. This comparison is not happening. No. No.

Can we see the same comparison but exclude their Freshman seasons, you know when Leemire was seeing limited minutes as a freshman on a team that made the NCAA Tournament, spent several weeks ranked… while Deuce spent his freshman season racking up points in garbage time on a team that was ranked in 338th in the RPI out of 343 teams.

Goldwire: 16.2, 38%FG, 35%3FG, 82%FT
Briscoe: 9.6, 37%FG , 34%FG, 75%FT[/quote]
Now-that is called owning someone…

We really need a Dead Horse forum where only mods can create threads. Let’s start with these. Almost every OT post can be moved into one of these. Instead of banning posters we can give them access only to this forum, which should work because all they ever talk about fits here anyway.

[ol][li]Bobby Lutz[/li]
[li]Deuce Briscoe[/li]
[li]Judy’s Hair[/li]
[li]Fire the Coach[/li]
[li]Extend the Coach’s contract[/li][/ol]

[quote=“Nugget, post:559, topic:27753”]We really need a Dead Horse forum where only mods can create threads. Let’s start with these. Almost every OT post can be moved into one of these. Instead of banning posters we can give them access only to this forum, which should work because all they ever talk about fits here anyway.

[ul][li]Bobby Lutz[/li]
[li]Deuce Briscoe[/li]
[li]Judy’s Hair[/li]
[li]Fire the Coach[/li]
[li]Extend the Coach’s contract[/li][/ul][/quote]

I like it - but the last two can be viable topics. The top 3 are pretty much beat to death.