E. Victor Nickerson requests release from Charlotte

RT @JustinDYoung: E. Victor Nickerson has asked for a release from UNC Charlotte yesterday, according to sources close to situation.

Fuck!!

At least we have football to look forward to :o

Major is done.

This is now an epidemic. And one that doesn’t make sense - Evic was guaranteed PT, was coming along, and does not at all fit the convenient hothead/problem child profile.

The staff needs to answer for this. There is a problem on that staff somewhere and it needs to be dealt with.

If we enter CUSA with this kind of train wreck going on, it is going to doom the program for a decade. No bullshit here. We cannot take this kind of horrific clusterfuck momentum into a new league. Kiss of death.

I am so pissed off right now. This is ridiculous.

What the heck. Next will be Clayton since they are buds. It’s official; pack it up guys, the program is in ruins.

Who cares? We’re a football school now.

Actually, Football does take away the sting a bit here. If Basketball was still the sole high profile sport we had…this would be devastation of titanic proportions.

But, with all of the positive momentum with Football…it doesn’t seem as dire.

Or maybe I’m just that apathetic about basketball here now after the last 6-7 yrs.

[quote=“TRLeader, post:6, topic:27753”]Who cares? We’re a football school now.

Actually, Football does take away the sting a bit here. If Basketball was still the sole high profile sport we had…this would be devastation of titanic proportions.

But, with all of the positive momentum with Football…it doesn’t seem as dire.

Or maybe I’m just that apathetic about basketball here now after the last 6-7 yrs.[/quote]

It does take away some of the sting, but I will always be nostalgic about basketball because it was part of my experience as a student. Football is great too, but it won’t be the same for me.

We have Seven, (7) players for next season - only IF Lester qualifies.

Well…looks like this time next year we will have a new coach.
I can understand players jumping ship the first couple seasons, but a core group of freshman and sophomores leaving after a 21 win season? Something with the coaching staff…
Its sad, but I guess thats how it goes. Nice to know that as my time as a student, what I saw last year was the best ill see.

Unless we find any other players (which is seeming unlikely), we will have a total of 8 players, not counting walkons. 8!!! At least we have some decent players still but…geez this isn’t looking good.

WOW

Just fire Major now and get it over with

And for the record, Providence? They had 10 players! at this point we have 8…now is it possible that these 8 can be good? Possibly. If they work REALLY hard this offseason. Is it likely that we can do really well with only 8 players? Not likely…

I seriously thought this must be a joke. I have backed Major more than most on this board but he has to go. I wouldn’t be upset if they fired him right now. This is unacceptable.

Before, it was losing Lutz’s recruits while bringing in good classes. I thought, as I think most people did, that was normal for a coaching change and didn’t really hold it against him since he was bringing in as good or better recruits.

Now, he is losing his own recruits and has absolutely nothing coming in. I honestly think it would be best now just to let him go, pay both him and Lutz next season in addition to a new coach, and try to find someone that will be able to recruit to and coach well in C-USA.

I haven’t posted about basketball in a long time, but I can’t let this one go.
Major has to go. I was behind him with Spears and Mayfield, and I wasn’t surprised by Clark, but now we have a trend and nobody is going to want to play for this guy. If they fired him right now, I would be ok with it. Money is just money, and we cannot let our program be taken down completely by this guy.

Well the basketball program is officially a steaming pile of shit. Have never been a huge fan of major, but certainly looks like his days are numbered.

If you can’t really coach, you can’t recruit and you can’t manage players well you really shouldn’t be a hc.

I heard a stat earlier this week indicating there are over 500 division I basketball transfers annually. As this is the trend, we are seeing an average number this year.

I don’t count that number because a good portion of those transfers are the two yrs after a coaching change or who are buried on the bench. When a coach starts losing his own players that are getting playing time, that’s a sign.

Both clark and evic were his players, were getting pt and should have been happy. Compound that with no recruits and we have a complete disaster.

Damn, major had 2 solid recruiting classes and now this. Sux to lose evic but stings more to lose Clark. Never was a huge fan of evic but he was a solid bench guy and he did have his great games here and there. He had good size for defense as well.

Now what? Def doesn’t seem like the PT argument works in this case. Unless major and staff have surprise players lined up and told evic that his minutes would go down. Is this possible? I sure hope so. Any day I’m waiting for some players to sign that makes all this make little sense.

Henry and Clayton are def our top 2 players. When there’s smoke there is fire, so very curious to see what happens to these 2.

This is officially ridiculous. ??? :-[