ECU sucks

[quote=“HXC Niner, post:17, topic:25536”][quote=“StillJonesing, post:3, topic:25536”]Your perspective is very flawed then because it only includes 3 of the 7 players that will be on next years ECU team. Hey and 3 year old ESPN recruiting is the end all be all now, you going to break out hoopscoop next? Rivals is the most credible service if you want to go by recruiting rankings, here is how they graded them.

*** M. Paul

*** A. Steed

*** S. Bowden

*** A. Richmond

M. Kemp (17ppg, 10rpg, 2 blocks… 60% shooting (53% from 3) on a top 20 JUCO team.)

R- Campbell (23 ppg and MVP of a nationally ranked United Faith team in Charlotte)

Y. Kolo (6-10, 230 German JR National team member)

Stone is going to Hargrave. If you want to compare you have two *** players, your JUCO averaged 4ppg on a .500 team, PRC had a much better senior year in Charlotte than Williams did, and I’ll take a skilled 6-10 big man that averaged 16 and 10 on his club team playing vs 25 year old pro’s as a 17 year old. Hey but it’s a garbage class.[/quote]

well riddle me this batman:

Paris Roberts-Cambell Rivals - no stars
http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/player-Paris-Roberts-Campbell-105868

Shamarr Bowden Rivals - no stars
http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/player-Shamarr-Bowden-116162
Plus we already know what he can do. You can keep him.

Miguel Paul Rivals - 3 stars in 2008 averaged 3.5 ppg, 1.7 apg, .7 rpg playing for mizz his last season
http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/basketball/recruiting/player-Miguel-Paul-70554

Akeem Richmond Rivals - 3 stars in 2009 this is the only one i’ll give you credit for because he actually averaged more than 4 ppg last year. 9.3 ppg .7 apg 2.4 rpg.

Austin Steed Rivals - 3 stars in 2007!!! averaged 2.9 ppg, .2 apg, 2.9 rpg for usc
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Austin-Steed-30668

Maurice Kemp Rivals - no stars
http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/player-Maurice-Kemp-125422

It seems that it is YOUR perspective that is somewhat flawed. Ok, I’ll play your game. Rivals is more credible. Austin Steed will be a 3 star for the rest of his life because rivals said that in 2007. If he plays in the nba he will still only be a 3 star all because of that faithful day at rivals when a scout rated him at the almighty 3 stars.

You want me to destroy you even more? Have a gander at this tidbit:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results

You lost 3 recruits to us… well at least according to the MOST credible site.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/charlotte/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results

…and by your logic we lost ZERO recruits to ECU. So maybe you would rather keep your recruiting class, but judging by the lost recruits, it seems lebo wishes he were here at Charlotte.

HXC 1 SJ 0[/quote]

Sadly, HXC, I’ve posted similar thoughts, facts, and proof to him. He doesn’t get it. Hence, why he needs perspective.

We’ll have to call you Rip 2k. Rip Van Winkle slept for 20 years. Lebo’s coached for 13 and hasn’t accomplished anything.

I think that about sums it up. Maybe StillJerking will remember that it’s time to go upstairs and feed his mom’s cat while she’s at work.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:18, topic:25536”]You only beat us on 1 of those players, a hometown guy in Williams that went down to the wire. The other guys were recruited by our last staff. It’s also somewhat debatable in retrospect who was actually higher target on our list since Lebo got a verbal from PRC a week before Williams committed, so we could have backed off him. Either way it will be interesting to see the recruiting battles now that recruits have a year to judge what Major and Lebo are doing at our schools.

I’ve already noticed recruiting picking up. We had several 4 star guys camping last week. Andrew Wiggins listed us as a school of interest a couple weeks ago too and he’s regarded as #1 player in the class of 2014. That’s a long ways off but he’s already 6-7 and his dad was an NBA player, mom an Olympic track medalist. He has the pedigree. Just getting in the conversation on a guy like that is something that wouldnt’ have happened a year ago.[/quote]

This looks like a backpedal if I’ve ever seen one. First off you were the one who said rivals is the end all be all recruiting tool. So I played by your rules. Where are your freshman 3 stars? Where are the guys that were ranked by your ELITE RIVALS ACCOUNT? PRC isn’t rated shit, yet you keep tooting that horn. Where are all of these 3 star guys? You mean the 3 star guys that joined other teams and turned out to be “not so much 3 stars?”

So maybe instead of backpedaling and changing from “I’d rather have ECU’s recruiting class this year” to “I’ve noticed our recruiting is getting better,” why not just stick to the argument at hand? Huge difference buddy, huge difference. Oh btw, ask Bobby how recruiting all transfers works out. I’m sorry that my espn quote left out all of your sloppy seconds, but perhaps they just weren’t important enough to mention. By the way, which Rivals page do you go to? because either you are flat out wrong, are straight lying, or are living by PAST recruiting grades. In which case E. Vic Nickerson and Henry are both 4 star recruits. Where are your 4 stars?

ive said it before, i think ecu’s recruiting is getting better. a transfer from missouri who played some for an elite eight team is a good get for them and im not going to bad mouth transfers too much because of mayfield but in way do we regularly recruit against ecu for recruits. i think roberts campbell will get early pt for them but who else there is gonna get that? also, i like having their best player, morrow, being guarded by kj.

I think that about sums it up. Maybe StillJerking will remember that it’s time to go upstairs and feed his mom’s cat while she’s at work.[/quote]

arguing with SJ is giving him and that turd of a program too much credit.

Also, SJ, I have said before, please stop trying to turn every damn thread in our basketball forum into an ECU PR campaign. If I have to start splitting/moving/closing threads again, I’m going to at least gulag you just for pissing me off.

Nobody has said their recruiting hasn’t gotten better, just not by leaps and bounds as StillJonesing would like people to believe. If it had been there’d be proof. Nobody is knocking transfers either, just when he calls a guy who averaged 3 ppg “elite” he’s stretching it a bit. None of us would call Mayfield elite. We’d love for him to be but we’re not going out on that limb. Like I said. He needs perspective.

Our transfers were significant contributors on NCAA/NIT teams as underclassmen. I don’t care what they were rated in high school at this point really, the’ve already proven they can play at this level. You guys are pumped about Mayfield who didn’t get off the bench.

Oh btw, ask Bobby how recruiting all transfers works out.
Ask VCU how Jamie Skeen worked out for them.
I'm sorry that my espn quote left out all of your sloppy seconds
You can pretend they don't exist because ESPN or Rivals recruiting said it, but they will be playing vs UNCC next fall.

We get our share of talent. Recruitings never really been the main issue, good players transfering out of the program waThe last 5 years alone we’ve had players transfer to places like Pitt, Tennesse, Wichita State, Utah, UTEP, etc. All we really had to do was keep players around 4 years. Those teams had plenty of success with all our transfers so I see no reason why we shouldn’t with transfers of our own.

I still haven’t gone to the store to look for Push Ups. I hope they have grape flavored ones.

This.

My girlfriend lives in Greenville, and I can promise you she is that God awful town’s only reason for me ever heading up there. That place is one big disgusting strip mall.

Oh yeah and Lebo sucks.

What’s going to suck for you guys is having to wait on your class a couple more years to start helping you win. Like 2K said, you don’t win with many freshman unless they are McDonalds AA’s. You can find a few examples of 3 star guys like G Haywood or Steph Curry blowing up, but I could find you hundreds to every one of those that struggled. The chances are your freshman are a couple years away from doing anything. Say what you want about our transfers but we got a lot more immediate help and better chance to start winning big next year than in 2014, like it’s looking like for you guys.

wtf are you babbling about? We return 4 of 5 starters. Maybe one of them will lose their starting job. 2 of our new players have already practiced with the team for a year.

Some people just seem to be incapable of learning.

It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - Football

That coach and those rerturners finished the last half of the year 2-14. Do you really want them starting? Your team could use some older more ready help for this year, and the freshman will likely struggle to adjust to the college game regardless of how much potiental they might have.

Do they sell Push Ups at the beach cause that’s were I’m going tomorrow you know, the beach. Tomorrow.

I would take our returnees over yours every day of the week and our recruiting class too.

When it comes to basketball, we are better than you. Tired of arguing with a freaking EZU fan. Your program sucks balls. Even in our worst season in decades you LOST BY 11 to us on a neutral court. And your win was by a hair’s breadth, at home (remember, this same team lost to gardner f’ing webb last season due to having no depth at all and having to play walkons). That was your best chance to ever get bragging rights on us, and you BLEW IT. It will never happen again. This reminds me of why I don’t want to play your crappy program… every year we played you in Halton, your fans would come in chest thumping, and running their mouths to our alumni section and anyone that would listen, and by halftime, you’d be cussing. By game’s end, you’d exit the building absolutely dejected and sobbing. You have two statuses - unwarranted, obnoxious blowhard or pathetic losers. Neither of which is the least bit entertaining, nor is drubbing you. If you want to run smack here, at least pretend to be a fan of a real hoops program, or even a fake one - like any of the ones John Calipari has ever coached.

I love that we have a thread devoted entirely to Push Ups and the fact that EZU sucks.

If we finished the last half of the season as bad as you did I wouldn’t’ have much faith in the coach or players, because that’s the most important time of the year when your team is supposed to be peaking, not folding.