ECU sucks

We’ve been good in the past in football but I don’t sit around and talk about David Garrard and the early 2000’s, or even 3 or 4 years ago because who really cares at this point. Logan and Holtz aren’t here anymore, Chris Johnson and David Garrard aren’t suiting up next year and honestly none off that has any impact on what’s going on right now or in the future with new leadership and players. The only way it impacts the program at all now is those past success have helped expand the fanbase and the stadium which could help the current recruiting and what we can pay coaches.

Tradition doesn’t matter much, if it did Lutz would be your coach. It’s a what have you done for me lately buisnes. How many decades have NC State basketball fans tried to live on national championship tradition. I think you guys are the ones lacking perspective because things change. Look at who NC State last played in the national title game in Houston and how conference affiliation has affected that program. You guys want to talk about stuff from the 1st Bush term but honestly how is it even relavent at this point when the conf, coach, players etc are so different. You might want to get some perspective yourself and join us in the 2011.

We’ve been good in the past in football but I don’t sit around and talk about David Garrard and the early 2000’s, or even 3 or 4 years ago because who really cares at this point. Logan and Holtz aren’t here anymore, Chris Johnson and David Garrard aren’t suiting up next year and honestly none off that has any impact on what’s going on right now or in the future with new leadership and players. The only way it impacts the program at all now is those past success have helped expand the fanbase and the stadium which could help the current recruiting and what we can pay coaches.

Tradition doesn’t matter much, if it did Lutz would be your coach. It’s a what have you done for me lately buisnes. How many decades have NC State basketball fans tried to live on national championship tradition. I think you guys are the ones lacking perspective because things change. Look at who NC State last played in the national title game in Houston and how conference affiliation has affected that program. You guys want to talk about stuff from the 1st Bush term but honestly how is it even relavent at this point when the conf, coach, players etc are so different. You might want to get some perspective yourself and join us in the 2011.[/quote]

Just curious but is that the same perspective that makes one think that ECU’s garbage recruiting class is better than ours?

Charlotte
E. Nickerson Small Forward Signed 91
M. Thorne Center Signed 89
P. Henry Point Guard Signed 89
T. Williams Shooting Guard Signed 88
I. Ivankovic Center Signed 40

ECU
P. Roberts-Campbell Shooting Guard Signed 84
P. Stone Shooting Guard Signed 75
S. Bowden Shooting Guard Signed 40
M. Kemp Small Forward Verbal 40

By the way…hope you enjoy our sloppy seconds.

I’ll keep my perspective thank you very much ;D

Your perspective is very flawed then because it only includes 3 of the 7 players that will be on next years ECU team. Hey and 3 year old ESPN recruiting is the end all be all now, you going to break out hoopscoop next? Rivals is the most credible service if you want to go by recruiting rankings, here is how they graded them.

*** M. Paul

*** A. Steed

*** S. Bowden

*** A. Richmond

M. Kemp (17ppg, 10rpg, 2 blocks… 60% shooting (53% from 3) on a top 20 JUCO team.)

R- Campbell (23 ppg and MVP of a nationally ranked United Faith team in Charlotte)

Y. Kolo (6-10, 230 German JR National team member)

Stone is going to Hargrave. If you want to compare you have two *** players, your JUCO averaged 4ppg on a .500 team, PRC had a much better senior year in Charlotte than Williams did, and I’ll take a skilled 6-10 big man that averaged 16 and 10 on his club team playing vs 25 year old pro’s as a 17 year old. Hey but it’s a garbage class.

Here’s some perspective: EZU sucks and you have to come to a Charlotte board to scare up discussion on EZU.

No

He

Didn’t

i think ecu has a good class coming in for ecu. its not comparable to us. we have two guys who were four star players at one point. they dont have anyone of nickerson or henry’s talent on their roster.

Two words for you.

Chris Braswell

What’s different though is every recruiting service that had them 4 star at some point already caught their mistake and decided they overrated them. I’m not sure how that is anything to brag about anyway. If anything it says they weren’t developing like expected which isn’t a good sign.

I don’t think you have a player on your roster the caliber of Morrow the way he finished the year once he lost the weight. Paul was also a solid player on an Eite 8 team as well and both were big time recruits. The main difference is both of those guys have produced in D1 at high levels, so it’s kind of pointless what recruiting service said about them in high school at this point. We know what we are getting with several of the guys we brought in like Akeem Richmond. Your guys still have to prove they aren’t another Chris Braswell and they haven’t excactly trended the way you would like.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:7, topic:25536”]Two words for you.

Chris Braswell

What’s different though is every recruiting service that had them 4 star at some point already caught their mistake and decided they overrated them. I’m not sure how that is anything to brag about anyway. If anything it says they weren’t developing like expected which isn’t a good sign.

I don’t think you have a player on your roster the caliber of Morrow the way he finished the year once he lost the weight. Paul was also a solid player on an Eite 8 team as well and once a top recruit. The main difference is both of those guys have produced in D1 at high levels, so it’s kind of pointless what recruiting service said about them in high school at this point. We know what we are getting with guys like Akeem Richmond. Your guys still have to prove they aren’t another Chris Braswell.[/quote]
braswell was on the all rookie team as a freshmen in the atlantic ten. he received double teams last year because he didnt have spears to take pressure off him. this guy is still a jump shot away from being an nba player because of his size and length and ability to run the floor. plus, he is playing out of position at center, which he wont have to do this year as much.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:7, topic:25536”]Two words for you.

Chris Braswell[/quote]

Two words for you:

Push Ups

I’m just going by all the negativity I’ve seen your own fans say about him not living up to the hype.

Nickerson still has a lot to prove, and his stock hasn’t trended well the last year. Even your beloved ESPN recruiting is pretty critical of him.

The first thing that comes to mind is Nickerson’s lack of strength and aggressiveness. He his more than capable of producing in a game, but on more occasions than not he will disappear for long stretches. With his lack of physicality he struggles to rebound on the defensive end as well as defending his position. Many times you watch him thinking he lacks that instinct to dominate his position. With his skill level being what it is he needs to become a much more consistent perimeter shooter to off-set his inability to guard 10’ and in…ESPN

That doesn’t sound like a guy ready to dominate next year, and I can’t even find any BCS offers for Henry.

99 times out of 100, Freshman will not dominate, unless they are an elite talent. Charlotte and ECU do not get elite talent.

im going to disagree with this. freshmen can dominate. look at gordon hayward.

StillJonesing, before Ryan Odom left Virginia Tech to join Charlotte, he offered Henry a scholarship to be a Hokie.

Also please see this post regarding schools that were after Henry: http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=28691.msg505571#msg505571

im going to disagree with this. freshmen can dominate. look at gordon hayward.[/quote]Elite talent, drafted 9th overall.

I’m just going by all the negativity I’ve seen your own fans say about him not living up to the hype.

Nickerson still has a lot to prove, and his stock hasn’t trended well the last year. Even your beloved ESPN recruiting is pretty critical of him.

The first thing that comes to mind is Nickerson’s lack of strength and aggressiveness. He his more than capable of producing in a game, but on more occasions than not he will disappear for long stretches. With his lack of physicality he struggles to rebound on the defensive end as well as defending his position. Many times you watch him thinking he lacks that instinct to dominate his position. With his skill level being what it is he needs to become a much more consistent perimeter shooter to off-set his inability to guard 10’ and in…ESPN

That doesn’t sound like a guy ready to dominate next year, and I can’t even find any BCS offers for Henry.[/quote]
henry had offers from xavier, west virginia and virginia tech. ive seen nickerson play and the kid has all the physical tools. he is 6’7" and growing, can handle like a point guard and can shoot. most importantly, he wanted the ball at the end of the game. ive read many glowing write ups of his game. i definitly agree with the criticism of braswell because he does things that make you angry, like his post defense but he is not a bust, he just needs some serious fine tuning on his game.

im going to disagree with this. freshmen can dominate. look at gordon hayward.[/quote]Elite talent, drafted 9th overall.[/quote]
by elite talent i mean highly ranked out of high school. he was a three star player with no big time offers.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:3, topic:25536”]Your perspective is very flawed then because it only includes 3 of the 7 players that will be on next years ECU team. Hey and 3 year old ESPN recruiting is the end all be all now, you going to break out hoopscoop next? Rivals is the most credible service if you want to go by recruiting rankings, here is how they graded them.

*** M. Paul

*** A. Steed

*** S. Bowden

*** A. Richmond

M. Kemp (17ppg, 10rpg, 2 blocks… 60% shooting (53% from 3) on a top 20 JUCO team.)

R- Campbell (23 ppg and MVP of a nationally ranked United Faith team in Charlotte)

Y. Kolo (6-10, 230 German JR National team member)

Stone is going to Hargrave. If you want to compare you have two *** players, your JUCO averaged 4ppg on a .500 team, PRC had a much better senior year in Charlotte than Williams did, and I’ll take a skilled 6-10 big man that averaged 16 and 10 on his club team playing vs 25 year old pro’s as a 17 year old. Hey but it’s a garbage class.[/quote]

well riddle me this batman:

Paris Roberts-Cambell Rivals - no stars
http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/player-Paris-Roberts-Campbell-105868

Shamarr Bowden Rivals - no stars
http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/player-Shamarr-Bowden-116162
Plus we already know what he can do. You can keep him.

Miguel Paul Rivals - 3 stars in 2008 averaged 3.5 ppg, 1.7 apg, .7 rpg playing for mizz his last season
http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/basketball/recruiting/player-Miguel-Paul-70554

Akeem Richmond Rivals - 3 stars in 2009 this is the only one i’ll give you credit for because he actually averaged more than 4 ppg last year. 9.3 ppg .7 apg 2.4 rpg.

Austin Steed Rivals - 3 stars in 2007!!! averaged 2.9 ppg, .2 apg, 2.9 rpg for usc
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Austin-Steed-30668

Maurice Kemp Rivals - no stars
http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/player-Maurice-Kemp-125422

It seems that it is YOUR perspective that is somewhat flawed. Ok, I’ll play your game. Rivals is more credible. Austin Steed will be a 3 star for the rest of his life because rivals said that in 2007. If he plays in the nba he will still only be a 3 star all because of that faithful day at rivals when a scout rated him at the almighty 3 stars.

You want me to destroy you even more? Have a gander at this tidbit:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/eastcarolina/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results

You lost 3 recruits to us… well at least according to the MOST credible site.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/charlotte/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search-results

…and by your logic we lost ZERO recruits to ECU. So maybe you would rather keep your recruiting class, but judging by the lost recruits, it seems lebo wishes he were here at Charlotte.

HXC 1 SJ 0

You only beat us on 1 of those players, a hometown guy in Williams that went down to the wire. The other guys were recruited by our last staff. It’s also somewhat debatable in retrospect who was actually higher target on our list since Lebo got a verbal from PRC a week before Williams committed, so we could have backed off him. Either way it will be interesting to see the recruiting battles now that recruits have a year to judge what Major and Lebo are doing at our schools.

I’ve already noticed recruiting picking up. We had several 4 star guys camping last week. Andrew Wiggins listed us as a school of interest a couple weeks ago too and he’s regarded as #1 player in the class of 2014. That’s a long ways off but he’s already 6-7 and his dad was an NBA player, mom an Olympic track medalist. He has the pedigree. Just getting in the conversation on a guy like that is something that wouldnt’ have happened a year ago.

EZU sucks and will always suck. Lebo has sucked his entire career and will continue to do so. Greenville makes me appreciate Gastonia. It sucks. Minges makes me appreciate Belk Fucking Gym. It sucks.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:18, topic:25536”]You only beat us on 1 of those players, a hometown guy in Williams that went down to the wire. The other guys were recruited by our last staff. It’s also somewhat debatable in retrospect who was actually higher target on our list since Lebo got a verbal from PRC a week before Williams committed, so we could have backed off him. Either way it will be interesting to see the recruiting battles now that recruits have a year to judge what Major and Lebo are doing at our schools.

I’ve already noticed recruiting picking up. We had several 4 star guys camping last week. Andrew Wiggins listed us as a school of interest a couple weeks ago too and he’s regarded as #1 player in the class of 2014. That’s a long ways off but he’s already 6-7 and his dad was an NBA player, mom an Olympic track medalist. He has the pedigree. Just getting in the conversation on a guy like that is something that wouldnt’ have happened a year ago.[/quote]Ask Bobby Lutz how having Quincy Miller at an Elite Camp went when he was here. It’s great that Wiggins was there for you, but that shit ain’t happening. Wake me up when Lebo accomplishes something.