ECU... things that make you say "Hmmmmm"

If that’s not part of your marketing, well, it should be. :smiley:

I will bleed green til I die but I love ECU. Every time I go to Greenville I have fun, no matter how dirty and ugly the city is. Everyone I know at ECU supports me being a Niner fan/recent alum and pull for us to do well, not just because we’re friends but they have respect for our program and they see Charlotte succeeding as another way at taking attention away from UNC and state. Their hatred of UNC and State is on par with mine. The Greenville Cracker barrel used to only sell Tar Hole gear and the students marched on the store and demanded that the merchandise be replaced with Pirate gear. That is inspiring. When I go to Cracker Barrel in Charlotte or Concord all I see is fairy blue. We need to go out in numbers and tell people we won’t stand for this. We have been proactive with getting football, with 49erfanatics, and with some other great things; and I know NNN can’t do it all, but the Charlotte fanbase still has a lot of things we can and should do in the area to get respect.
The worst part of our school is not the leadership, or lack there of, but our marketing. Whoever is head of marketing our school and our sports program should be fired and replaced. ECU makes it happen. We have much more potential, we just need to make it happen.

It’s not that bad on campus.

Not me----theres atleast 5 in-state teams I hate more…4 A she she schools and UNC Tweetsie.

[quote=“punkrockcowboy, post:22, topic:23613”]I will bleed green til I die but I love ECU. Every time I go to Greenville I have fun, no matter how dirty and ugly the city is. Everyone I know at ECU supports me being a Niner fan/recent alum and pull for us to do well, not just because we’re friends but they have respect for our program and they see Charlotte succeeding as another way at taking attention away from UNC and state. Their hatred of UNC and State is on par with mine. The Greenville Cracker barrel used to only sell Tar Hole gear and the students marched on the store and demanded that the merchandise be replaced with Pirate gear. That is inspiring. When I go to Cracker Barrel in Charlotte or Concord all I see is fairy blue. We need to go out in numbers and tell people we won’t stand for this. We have been proactive with getting football, with 49erfanatics, and with some other great things; and I know NNN can’t do it all, but the Charlotte fanbase still has a lot of things we can and should do in the area to get respect.
The worst part of our school is not the leadership, or lack there of, but our marketing. Whoever is head of marketing our school and our sports program should be fired and replaced. ECU makes it happen. We have much more potential, we just need to make it happen.

It’s not that bad on campus.[/quote]

GREAT, GREAT GREAT POST !!! 100% DOBA

I don’t care what anyone says, ECU can EAD. There. I hopped on the current nnn meme.

Speaking of which I saw Coach Perron at Starbucks earlier. He didn’t look like he had ate any dick recently. ::slight_smile:

Barely.

Anybody remember the Winthrop tailgate?

Parts of it.

lol, just kidding (sort of). You’re the man Nick! Keep up the hard work![/quote]

After seeing you before the Winthrop game I was pretty nervous about the drive to the Panthers game after that

they have had some good football teams throughout the years too. they probably had the best team in the state on occasions. which is still not that much to brag about.

i would love to have their fanbase. the eastern part of the state gives them good support.

clt asks if their marketing efforts would be as successful if they were unc-greenville.

I highly doubt it.

East Carolina markets to eastern NC and to some degree, now the entire state. Charlotte can’t market to Mecklenburg County. What happened to the “Stake your claim” campaign? It died.

This school needs to hire a new marketing department when it hires football coaches.

I don’t understand the hatred for ECU on this board, unless its really just jealousy. I have never met an ECU fan that doesn’t support the goals we have, like Football. ECU is several steps ahead of us. They have a medical school, dental school, Football, rabid fans, bars within walking distance, etc.

ECU and Charlotte are very similar in that we get shunted by the state funding and live in the shadow of the ACC. We both have deep hatred for UNC, there is no reason we should hate them, at least not right now.

[quote=“HP49er, post:31, topic:23613”]

East Carolina markets to eastern NC and to some degree, now the entire state. Charlotte can’t market to Mecklenburg County. What happened to the “Stake your claim” campaign? It died.[/quote]

It has to be said… I think that is one of the best 50 yard line logos in existence. The idea of it encased in the state silhouette is awesome, but cmon… it’s a fuckin pirate!

My brother is an ECU alum, and yea he makes fun of the fact we don’t have football, largely b/c he thinks it’s absurd that a school our size doesn’t have one, but most of the jokes revolve around by our school being shafted by the system more so then ECU.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:34, topic:23613”][quote=“HP49er, post:31, topic:23613”]

East Carolina markets to eastern NC and to some degree, now the entire state. Charlotte can’t market to Mecklenburg County. What happened to the “Stake your claim” campaign? It died.[/quote]

It has to be said… I think that is one of the best 50 yard line logos in existence. The idea of it encased in the state silhouette is awesome, but cmon… it’s a fuckin pirate!

My brother is an ECU alum, and yea he makes fun of the fact we don’t have football, largely b/c he thinks it’s absurd that a school our size doesn’t have one, but most of the jokes revolve around by our school being shafted by the system more so then ECU.[/quote]
i saw the logo on a window sticker and loved it.

The problem i have with the 50 yard line is it isn’t centered. It goes from the 32 of one side to the 38 of the other

it’s like finding the center point on a triangle that has 3 unequal sides… one side is likely to hang further out. C’mon ID, you’re an engineer.

I don’t think that’s the case here. Its centered around the pirate logo. Oddly that happens to be centered on Raleigh, not Greenville.

Don’t get me wrong, i think it’s pretty cool looking.

clt says that we are already much well regarded in academics than ecu and any discussion about athletics will end when we kick off in 2013

At our 50 we need a NC map with a Miner in the middle. Stake our damn claim on the whole damn state. F*ck all the other NC teams. We are the State of NC!

Hey Scotty if I told ECU to EAD, I’d get called homophobic. :))

I went downtown to see another dept. at work, & sat with this hot red-headed chick. She had the ECU NC Football backboard. We need all our Alums to have Charlotte on their computer screen.

There is nothing wrong with ECU’s football or baseball program. I would love for us to get the same local and regional support as them. They are not our enemy. My guess is we would have a pretty strong football rivalry if we had football and were still in the same conference. It may still happen one day.