Eddie getting NY Post love

NY Post- Nets workouts

Basden’s stock seems to be rising. He showed the Nets defensive skills in 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 drills.

“With me, defense became a thing of pride,” Basden said. “Somebody has to do it because if everybody wants to score on both teams, it’s just going to be an ‘outscore the others’ match.”

[b]"Somebody has to do it because if everybody wants to score on both teams, it's just going to be an 'outscore the others' match." [/b]

Like the Spurs - Suns series? These two teams seem to do okay.

Great piece on Eddie! That’s the kind of press the Niners need to counter the negative fallout from the Iti debacle.

GO NINERS!!!

[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@May 24 2005, 09:09 AM [b]
[b]"Somebody has to do it because if everybody wants to score on both teams, it's just going to be an 'outscore the others' match." [/b]

Like the Spurs - Suns series? These two teams seem to do okay. [/b]


Maybe not the Spurs and the Suns, but it hurt the Mavs.

So, which one of you is going to thank the Post for this mention and also tell them we are CHARLOTTE or at least DUMP THE DAMN HYPHEN!!!

NBA draft.net

Well, no love here yet, still 2nd round

I am ion the UNNC-RAleighj Library and this keyboard is an SOB. Someone spilled drink in it. So excuse my typing.

I don’;t under stand what the biog deal with the hyphen is, the name stinks either way IMO. I know its officiallly no hyphen, but I would not think anyone to be less educated cause they use a hyphen. The hyphen is natural.

They should have just said Charlotte however since that is our athletic name, but UNC-Charlotte is more descriptive. Someone (i don’t knopw who) might not understand what school “charlotte” is. After all, the school is named UNC-Charlotte. At least they didn’t call us UNC or North Carolina-Charlotte. Cut them slack. We are the ones witha dumb name.

[b]".......... if everybody wants to score on both teams, it's just going to be an 'outscore the others' match." [/b]

This quote shows that eddie has mastered the fundamental rules of basketball.

Love Eddie, hope he somehow knocks out some more workouts and squeezes into the late first round. Dont know how realistic that is, but I hope so, he’s a great kid.

Still funny to me that he does get alot of defensive hype despite being on a couple of the worst defensive teams I’ve seen around here. We’re gonna miss ya, Eddie!

[b]QUOTE (NinerUpNorth @ May 24 2005, 09:09 AM) QUOTE "Somebody has to do it because if everybody wants to score on both teams, it's just going to be an 'outscore the others' match."

Like the Spurs - Suns series? These two teams seem to do okay.

Maybe not the Spurs and the Suns, but it hurt the Mavs. [/b]

That’s because the Mavs tried to play Defense with avery Johnson coaching them.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@May 24 2005, 11:20 AM [b] I am ion the UNNC-RAleighj Library and this keyboard is an SOB. Someone spilled drink in it. So excuse my typing.

I don’;t under stand what the biog deal with the hyphen is, the name stinks either way IMO. I know its officiallly no hyphen, but I would not think anyone to be less educated cause they use a hyphen. The hyphen is natural.

They should have just said Charlotte however since that is our athletic name, but UNC-Charlotte is more descriptive. Someone (i don’t knopw who) might not understand what school “charlotte” is. After all, the school is named UNC-Charlotte. At least they didn’t call us UNC or North Carolina-Charlotte. Cut them slack. We are the ones witha dumb name.

[b]".......... if everybody wants to score on both teams, it's just going to be an 'outscore the others' match." [/b]

This quote shows that eddie has mastered the fundamental rules of basketball. [/b]


I wanna see all our heads fly off the first time we get confused with Queens University of Charlotte in the national media. When that day comes (and you KNOW it will), we ought to march on Raleigh with torches lit! To the barricades, boys!!!
[b] That's because the Mavs tried to play Defense with avery Johnson coaching them.[/b]
True, but Nelson didn't do much better. Dallas will never get rid of Nowitski and because of that will never get a ring. Nowitski is a good 2nd - 3rd option but he can't carry the load by himself plus he only plays on offense. Who was it on this board that called him "Irk" Nowitski ?(no D). :lol:

Eddie’s profile at DraftCity.com:

Eddie Basden

They have him going #50 to Boston.

[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@May 24 2005, 10:41 PM [b]
[b] That's because the Mavs tried to play Defense with avery Johnson coaching them.[/b]
True, but Nelson didn't do much better. Dallas will never get rid of Nowitski and because of that will never get a ring. Nowitski is a good 2nd - 3rd option but he can't carry the load by himself plus he only plays on offense. Who was it on this board that called him "Irk" Nowitski ?(no D). :lol: [/b]
Cornbread was on the radio the other day causing a stink when he said (if he could have the choice) he would rather have Nowitzki than Bird on his team.

His reasoning were Dirk’s size and shooting ability. He said Bird was good because he was always surrounded by 2-3 Hall of Famers.

He said he also made this same comment on the radio in Boston as well.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@May 25 2005, 09:20 AM [b] Cornbread was on the radio the other day causing a stink when he said (if he could have the choice) he would rather have Nowitzki than Bird on his team.

His reasoning were Dirk’s size and shooting ability. He said Bird was good because he was always surrounded by 2-3 Hall of Famers.

He said he also made this same comment on the radio in Boston as well. [/b]


WOW - talk about trying to stir the pot. I hope Cornbread really doesn’t believe that. If Nowitzki had half the heart of Bird he’d be one of the 5 best players in the NBA right now (although that doesn’t say as much as it used to).

How do you make that comment on the radio in Boston, being a radio personality, and still have a job??

[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@May 25 2005, 10:45 AM [b] How do you make that comment on the radio in Boston, being a radio personality, and still have a job?? [/b]
The same way those morons at FNZ can and still have a job.

Cornbread is one of my all time sports heroes. He was a physical genius with a b-ball near the basket. But his attitude and beliefs that he voices on FNZ are annoying and absurd. Perfect, I guess for that format, but he’d never be a friend of mine.

[i]Originally posted by run49er+May 25 2005, 11:31 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ May 25 2005, 11:31 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-forDniner[/i]@May 25 2005, 10:45 AM [b] How do you make that comment on the radio in Boston, being a radio personality, and still have a job?? [/b] The same way those morons at FNZ can and still have a job. [/b][/quote] I would think insulting Larry Bird on a radio station in Boston would be worse then anything Packer could do. The only thing close would be Packer "calling out" Dale Earnhart senior and that's not even the same given you probably can't pick up WFNZ in Concord.

Iron,

You said it, I am not sure who else wants to hear it, but I am of a similar opinion you are.